Split 2 - R3: Zolder - 5th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
@Johnny Hvidt Hjetting Quick shoutout that we just got our first points mate!

@The Wayfaerer thanks for the great race. I really thought that I would never be able to catch you before the end of the race. I saved up all my boosts up until the last two laps and guess that tactic worked!

I've had no real problems with overtaking lapped cars. I never asked for it, just flashed a few times and the magic happened the next corner or the one after. Except for one incident which was already resolved in teamspeak after the race.

@Jonno no harm done indeed mate ;-)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So my full race report:

I made a careful start, probably too careful. Stayed tight on the first corner and then understeered wide on the second corner dropping me a few places. I was behind @Dama_The_Crow for a few laps, there wasn't a lot I could do as you were busy trying to get past @SlowBloke. So I just tried waiting close behind trying to keep @Nevil behind me in the meantime. Eventually I saw @Dama_The_Crow go down the inside going into the hairpin and both ran wide. I thought it was my birthday two places in one corner, but I went a little deep myself and @Nevil took advantage and got me and 3 places in one corner (epic).

@Nevil drove just fast enough to keep me behind and then caught @Dutchtastic and I was in a similar situation as earlier in the race when @Dama_The_Crow caught up to us. Again I waited and my tyres started to fade so I was struggling to stay close. Both @Nevil and @Dutchtastic pitted ahead of me so I stayed out 3 more laps than @Nevil, drove as fast as I could in free air and ruined my tyres, then attacked the pit entry.

Came out ahead of @Nevil and then had a pretty boring few laps. Until I realised that the time gap to @steveg200 was rapidly dropping. I had one attempt into the hairpin to get past (partly a forced attempt because I locked up and the only safe place was the inside). And then I thought I had a chance to boost into the first corner, hit boost too early and went into the pit wall.

From that point it was just trying to hold onto 4th with no tyre temperature and damage. Managed it. I was buzzing 2 hours after the race I had put in so much mental energy into that race.

(Wow that's long, sorry guys)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@Stokemon The long stories are fun especially when you know some of the moves someone is talking about :). You must have heard my inner voice going NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo .. when dama went in a bit too hot and we both went off. Considering the conditions I think we were both lucky to carry on and fight some more :)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I couldn't hear your inner voice over mine going "hahahahahahahaha this is too good to be true" which is what put me off line allowing @Nevil to pass lol.

Spending the first half of the race 3rd in a group of 4 (though two different groups) was really challenging!

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Lol been there too many times! The second u feel schadenfreude in racing you are tempting a whole bucket load of bad luck on yourself hehe :):):)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well hears my replay im afraid the livery's are all wrong on the cars but what you see happend as you see it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread