Split 2 - R4: Donington - 13th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
League Round Banner - RND4.png

Car: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
Track: Donington
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 13th November 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
19:40 UTC - Qualifying
20:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 13th May 2017
Time Progression: Real Time
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 15:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Light Rain

Race Time: 45 minutes
Race Start Time: 16:00
Race Weather Forecast: Light Rain > Random

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Track Limit Penalties: Off
Allowable Time Penalty: Off
Drive-Through Penalties: Off
Pit Exit Penalty: Off

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
- @SP1KEGRW
- @Stokemon
- @SillySausage

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
sorry will not be able to race do to work commitments this week

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Work in progress... must say that Donington National is much more noob friendly than Fuji.... in sunny conditions that is. Never raced in the (light) rain... so starting from zero once more :wideyed:
DoningtonNWIP.jpg

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice nice, I managed to do a 1:12.9, with a 1:12.7 potential. That is with 40ltrs of fuel on the default stable setup

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Work in progress... must say that Donington National is much more noob friendly than Fuji.... in sunny conditions that is. Never raced in the (light) rain... so starting from zero once more :wideyed:
View attachment 3112
driving in light rain is much the same as driving in clear conditions just a bit more sliding around :D

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I just did a little practice in private test. And I run a 1:15 in light rain. I know I can go little bit faster.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm a no show for this one. Off to see a band. Best of luck everyone :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Once again I will be a no-show for this round due to work, one of my favourite and best tracks too. Apologies to my teammate @Freak Superman, I didn't expect to miss so many rounds but my work schedule has turned out to be super unlucky (being available on both off weeks and working when 5/6 races are on) and the current daylight savings situation makes it impossible to race before work as before.

As my work schedule stands currently I will be missing all the remaining rounds so if a reserve driver is happy to take over my spot on the team I think it best I step down to a reserve position to be fair on my teammate and give him a someone who we actually be in attendence.

RPJ

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly gonna have to miss this race as well :(

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Really starting to get annoyed with the understeer in this car, think it's just me though that has this problem haha.
Best I can manage is 1.13.52 in light rain, practise with 70l of fuel. Potential of a 1.12.78, this game thinks too highly of me xD
On the bright side, it would appear I can do more than 7 laps without having to pit for new tyres :eek::D

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm really (genuinely really) sorry, but – I'm going to have to bail on this one as well. Not ideal.

Started feeling a bit rubbish on Friday. Bailed from work earlyish, vegged out on the sofa for the evening. Had to go to a conference for a friend over the weekend (long story), but had a headache all day Saturday and all day Sunday. 'Just' a cold, but didn't feel great all weekend.

This morning, got up, didn't feel any better. Logged in at work as sick, decided to lay low and try to get better.

Fast forward to just now, and I had a pre-booked 'Pete's in his forties' health check about an hour ago. Almost bailed on it, due to not feeling great, but thought the fresh air might do me some good. They did all their bits and pieces, including taking a couple of small blood samples. Felt a little bit lightheaded soon after that. Told the nurse, she didn’t seem too bothered. As I left, something felt properly not right, but thought it might be a stood-up-too-fast rush of blood to the head, so just carried on. Going downstairs, it still hadn’t cleared, and my vision started going sparkly. Rushed down to the ground floor as fast as my increasingly wobbly legs would carry me (grey matter was still working well enough to know that if ‘something’ was about to happen, it happening on a flight of stairs would probably be bad!), staggered up to the reception desk, grabbed onto it hard, told them ‘I don’t feel too good’, they looked worried and told me to go sit down. Legs went to jelly before I got to a seat, so I just crouched. They eventually helped me up and took me to a room to lie down for a bit. Must be the closest I’ve ever come to just randomly passing out. I don’t recommend it. The lady at reception that looked after me said that when I lumbered up to them, I was white as a sheet, almost yellow.

So yeah. Methinks me not up to racing tonight. Bloody love Donington, as well.

Honestly didn't think I'd get to four races in, and only being able to do one of them, so you have my sincere apologies. Really wasn't the plan. I wanted to spend races racing, not not racing!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Get well soon Pete!

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
If this is what getting old is like, I don’t think I’m a fan.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hope your feeling better soon Pete.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
If this is what getting old is like, I don’t think I’m a fan.
Your probably not even over 40 yet - quit yer complaining :p

Wait till you get closer to 50 - feck !

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better soon Pete, it does sound like you're far from at your best. I suppose you were at least in one of the best places to have a moment like that though :)

And don't worry about not making it to the races, there are many things in life that are far more important, not least of which is your own health :).

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
No show my side too - apologies !

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Anybody mind if I join in again? Providing there is enough space of course.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not quite how I imagined this race going, even came back from my holiday a day early to practise for this one. Running 1.11.8's for dry conditions quite reliably, 1.13.8 for start of the light rain happily, slowing to a 1.16.7 average.
Shame I just couldn't find the damn server to participate!
Game & steam closed & restarted about 4 times, all the filter options changed & refreshed about 100 times? Was always able to find server 1 & grobi's server. Just not server 2 :banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hell, I'd even stream & broadcast split 2 if I could at least join at this rate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread