Split 2 - R4: Donington - 13th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not quite how I imagined this race going, even came back from my holiday a day early to practise for this one. Running 1.11.8's for dry conditions quite reliably, 1.13.8 for start of the light rain happily, slowing to a 1.16.7 average.
Shame I just couldn't find the damn server to participate!
Game & steam closed & restarted about 4 times, all the filter options changed & refreshed about 100 times? Was always able to find server 1 & grobi's server. Just not server 2 :banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hell, I'd even stream & broadcast split 2 if I could at least join at this rate...
reset filters ingame, search again for ds, if this doesn’t work
Go to steam settings ingame
Bottom of the page max pings to Server bla
Set this to maximum

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Best of luck to @Shepard :D

Have fun all

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It's always been set to maximum @Puffpirat
Thanks for the help though.
(had a similar issue with an older game)

thewanted

Community Member
Reaction score
FFS. I swear I'm cursed :(

I'm never going to pass probation at this rate :/

Last edited:

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Fun race. Started 24 I believe becuase I left instead of "return to pits" in Quali. Finished 4th, hunting that podium.

I´ll be back for COTA to fight in the top three.

Fantastic race once again, as often in RSR.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Not bad race, but not for me though :)
Managed to set p2 in qualification, but the race itself was a bit too hard for me. I underestimated aquaplaning effect through the Puddle of Doom (chicane) and damaged my suspension hard. And did it twice! In result too much time spent in pits and only p14 in the end. But to tell the truth it still could be worse, couldn't it? :)

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
WHAT A RACE! You can say what you want about pcars 2. But the atmosphere in this Race was amazing!

Ok had a really nice Race with slow Pace but without any Incident. Just one thing: They again didn't changed my tires. But because i wanted new tires (i just didn't know if the Tires could stay alive until the end) i did another Pitstop. And that one worked, It's strange, but i think i found the cause: When you load your Strategy with ICM it seems to UNLOAD! it actually. Will investigate further.

Anyway even with two Pitstops i got the 8th place just with clean driving. Nearly got @Bluerat and with that 7th position. But only Nearly...
Will upload the Full Recording later, here is just a small one from the last two laps: (Don't know why shadowplay cut some of the picture away...)

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
(Don't know why shadowplay cut some of the picture away...)

It is not shadowplay that is doing that. It is pCars2 using a Rift doing that. The mirrored display is not scaling correrctly. If you want to record the whole screen with the correct UI scaling then you have to set your mirrored display to 2xxx*something.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
No Bad so far. Quali was 1s of my possible pace, however Start @ P7 and finished on P5 due to same problems in the race. My teammate @The Breeze managed P17...so finaly 30 points for Green³
Its a good result for us!

Last edited:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
It is not shadowplay that is doing that. It is pCars2 using a Rift doing that. The mirrored display is not scaling correrctly. If you want to record the whole screen with the correct UI scaling then you have to set your mirrored display to 2xxx*something.

Ah OK, makes sense to me. And I don't really care about that, I just wondered why there was only a small part visible from the speedometer.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well here is my stream for the night, i was actually quite happy to qualify at the back of the pack. and work my way through the field. Really enjoyed this race and really enjoying the car aswell.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Computer crashed after my pitstop where I put it into the wall after the chicane sorry for that. It looks like I might never finish a race this season. Twice computer crashed 1 blown engine and 1 damaged beyond repair crickey. This game is killing me at this rate. I am going to withdraw from the rest of the season due to all the issues I am having. I really am having a good time otherwise but when my graphics runs 100% and my CPU also goes this high I can expect the game to crash but then again it does not happen all the time. I am going to do a fresh reload of Windows and start a fresh install of PCars2 and work from there. Hopefully this will solve my problems.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have no idea whats going on with this game lol. That first lap my car was like a rocket i went from 19 to 9th i think in the first lap pulling away from everyone like they had my go slow lol. Then a spin on lap 2 saw my car just become undrivable every corner spin on the straights loose traction spin. So i thought must be tires so i pitted for fresh ones. After anoucing i was leaving the pits i almost got took out by someone using the pit exit lane to take first corner causing me to avoid and go on the grass. And it began all over agiain spin every corner loose traction on the straights and spin... can we go back to season two i was have much better luck with that one..

Computer crashed after my pitstop where I put it into the wall after the chicane sorry for that. It looks like I might never finish a race this season. Twice computer crashed 1 blown engine and 1 damaged beyond repair crickey. This game is killing me at this rate. I am going to withdraw from the rest of the season due to all the issues I am having. I really am having a good time otherwise but when my graphics runs 100% and my CPU also goes this high I can expect the game to crash but then again it does not happen all the time. I am going to do a fresh reload of Windows and start a fresh install of PCars2 and work from there. Hopefully this will solve my problems.
Just dont do what i did and forget to back up your save data for all your games and have to start again lol..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, try not to go on the grass in the rain, it will take ages to clear the muck off the tyres so that you can get onto normal racing speed again. It sorta makes sense when you think about it but, at the time, it is VERY frustrating.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, try not to go on the grass in the rain, it will take ages to clear the muck off the tyres so that you can get onto normal racing speed again. It sorta makes sense when you think about it but, at the time, it is VERY frustrating.
Frustraiting is a word id use if i was being polite lol. I seem to have a bad good bad season so next season should be good for me lol....

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm really (genuinely really) sorry, but – I'm going to have to bail on this one as well. Not ideal.

Started feeling a bit rubbish on Friday. Bailed from work earlyish, vegged out on the sofa for the evening. Had to go to a conference for a friend over the weekend (long story), but had a headache all day Saturday and all day Sunday. 'Just' a cold, but didn't feel great all weekend.

This morning, got up, didn't feel any better. Logged in at work as sick, decided to lay low and try to get better.

Fast forward to just now, and I had a pre-booked 'Pete's in his forties' health check about an hour ago. Almost bailed on it, due to not feeling great, but thought the fresh air might do me some good. They did all their bits and pieces, including taking a couple of small blood samples. Felt a little bit lightheaded soon after that. Told the nurse, she didn’t seem too bothered. As I left, something felt properly not right, but thought it might be a stood-up-too-fast rush of blood to the head, so just carried on. Going downstairs, it still hadn’t cleared, and my vision started going sparkly. Rushed down to the ground floor as fast as my increasingly wobbly legs would carry me (grey matter was still working well enough to know that if ‘something’ was about to happen, it happening on a flight of stairs would probably be bad!), staggered up to the reception desk, grabbed onto it hard, told them ‘I don’t feel too good’, they looked worried and told me to go sit down. Legs went to jelly before I got to a seat, so I just crouched. They eventually helped me up and took me to a room to lie down for a bit. Must be the closest I’ve ever come to just randomly passing out. I don’t recommend it. The lady at reception that looked after me said that when I lumbered up to them, I was white as a sheet, almost yellow.

So yeah. Methinks me not up to racing tonight. Bloody love Donington, as well.

Honestly didn't think I'd get to four races in, and only being able to do one of them, so you have my sincere apologies. Really wasn't the plan. I wanted to spend races racing, not not racing!
Get well soon Pete. Wish you all the best mate

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Really enjpoyed the race . qualified p1,had a good battle with @Eugene Flerko and then @grobi0815 for the lead.the heavier rain came and started to pull a small gap until I hit a backmarker who spun in the chicane,temps went up so had to pit which cost the me lead to @grobi0815 and p2 to @CrisBCros who i had a great battle with until he spun and gave me p2.Great racing from all the guys

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
The race was gr8!! Enjoyed very much. The concentration went to pot when the flashes of lightening started and I spun out on the start finish straight and hit the pit wall damaging the suspension and radiator with 34 minutes left to go!! Had nice clean battles in the front before things started going wrong. I apologies when I was about to get lapped by the front runners and had a spin in first corner as was not sure where the cars were (Left or right).
Arms felt like jelly because of the steering FFB. Need to work more on concentration and race stamina (Better get the dumb bells out!! Lol)!!

Really enjpoyed the race . qualified p1,had a good battle with @Eugene Flerko and then @grobi0815 for the lead.the heavier rain came and started to pull a small gap until I hit a backmarker who spun in the chicane,temps went up so had to pit which cost the me lead to @grobi0815 and p2 to @CrisBCros who i had a great battle with until he spun and gave me p2.Great racing from all the guys
Wasn't me Steve!! lol!!! I kept clear of you because you are super quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread