Split 2 - R4: Donington - 13th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm really (genuinely really) sorry, but – I'm going to have to bail on this one as well. Not ideal.

Started feeling a bit rubbish on Friday. Bailed from work earlyish, vegged out on the sofa for the evening. Had to go to a conference for a friend over the weekend (long story), but had a headache all day Saturday and all day Sunday. 'Just' a cold, but didn't feel great all weekend.

This morning, got up, didn't feel any better. Logged in at work as sick, decided to lay low and try to get better.

Fast forward to just now, and I had a pre-booked 'Pete's in his forties' health check about an hour ago. Almost bailed on it, due to not feeling great, but thought the fresh air might do me some good. They did all their bits and pieces, including taking a couple of small blood samples. Felt a little bit lightheaded soon after that. Told the nurse, she didn’t seem too bothered. As I left, something felt properly not right, but thought it might be a stood-up-too-fast rush of blood to the head, so just carried on. Going downstairs, it still hadn’t cleared, and my vision started going sparkly. Rushed down to the ground floor as fast as my increasingly wobbly legs would carry me (grey matter was still working well enough to know that if ‘something’ was about to happen, it happening on a flight of stairs would probably be bad!), staggered up to the reception desk, grabbed onto it hard, told them ‘I don’t feel too good’, they looked worried and told me to go sit down. Legs went to jelly before I got to a seat, so I just crouched. They eventually helped me up and took me to a room to lie down for a bit. Must be the closest I’ve ever come to just randomly passing out. I don’t recommend it. The lady at reception that looked after me said that when I lumbered up to them, I was white as a sheet, almost yellow.

So yeah. Methinks me not up to racing tonight. Bloody love Donington, as well.

Honestly didn't think I'd get to four races in, and only being able to do one of them, so you have my sincere apologies. Really wasn't the plan. I wanted to spend races racing, not not racing!

Missed this one... Get well soon Pete!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I just can't find good balance with this Porsche. Or I need to rework setup and spend some hours making it. Car was so unstable that is complete miracle that I have finished the race. Maybe springs were too soft, maybe dampers were too soft, maybe.... I don't know.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
After my very frustrating race in fuji, where I started from P2 but have been disqualified because I spun in pit entry > see the video here:
this race here in Donington Park brought back brightness to my sim racing life.:happy:
In qualyfing I was not able to set a proper time in the beginning and switched to wet tyres soon which made my lap times even worse (of course). After realizing that the track is not that wet as expected I gave it another try on soft tyres and made it from P9 (or something) up to P3.
So starting the race from P3, made some more or less very minor mistakes and dropped back to P7 or 8. But then my time began, since many of my opponents made some more effective mistakes. Shortly before the 2nd weatherslot (a heavy thunderstorm) occurred, I went to pit to get some new wet tyres.

Gained P2 in the meanwhile before @steveg200 /car #5 showed up in my mirror more and more. We had a great battle for some laps. Then, in the last but one lap there was just a 0,2 seconds gap before I spun somehow in the last chicane and lost P2. Anyway I was able to save P3, which means: hell yeah, my very first podium in Revolution Cup :stig:. Makes me proud somehow and felt like a victory to me since the weatherconditions could not have been worse and it didn't felt promising while practicing. :blackeye:

@Pete Morrish all the best, get well as soon as possible. :nurse:

Last edited:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a nice race!

I didn't have much time to prepare to this one. So I was just doing some laps 3 hours before the race starts, to do my setup work together with @Vernux.
I was glad to get P4 in the qually, because there was only 1 shot I did during my practice session.
The start was ok, I was able to hold my position. In the 2nd lap @CrisBCros went a bit wide in turn 1, so I catched his position. There was a 2 second gap between me and the two leaders @steveg200 and @Eugene Flerko, which I was able to close quickly. At the end of lap 3 then was the closest battle I had for the race where all 3 cars were very close. @Eugene Flerko tried to overtake @steveg200 at the end of lap 4 and I think he made a mistake in the chicane or he wants me to get past (I don't know), but after this I was in P2. I was again able to close the gap between me and @steveg200 and we had a close fight for some seconds. But that was it. Sadly I made a mistake in lap 8 in turn 5 and my teammate hit me slightly in the back, which was not a problem for me, but Eugene was loosing his car and spun. The gap was getting larger up to 8 seconds. In lap 17 I had some troubles to get past of @Zincau. I think you couldn't see the blue flags? So I decided to make my pitstop. Finished with that I was very surprised to see @steveg200 still in his box. 3 laps later, everyone from the top group made there stop and I was in P1 and I was able to hold that position until the end.

I was definitely not the fastest yesterday, but it was a clean and flawless race with no spins and damages. And with that short preparation time, I never thought that I can win this one.

Thx to everyone for this clean race. I really enjoyed this one. Not so bad this season with now three races and three podiums.

Last edited:

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
I finished this race 14 or 15th. Why is my status as DNF status on Results page?? I also ask my friend @Ali (Evotech) finished Fuji as 4th but he is not on leaderboard??

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I finished this race 14 or 15th. Why is my status as DNF status on Results page?? I also ask my friend @Ali (Evotech) finished Fuji as 4th but he is not on leaderboard??

Because u are only guest drivers. I can have a look why ur DNF instead of 15th. But if I get all reserves into the leaderboard is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread