Split 2 - R4: Dubai - 27th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
4 - Dubai Autodrome Club.png

Car:
BAC Mono
Track: Dubai Autodrome Club
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 27th February 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice - 60 minutes
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 15 minutes
19:45 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
20:00 UTC - Race - 1+40 Laps

Ingame Date: 27th August 2017
Ingame Time: 13:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Hazy
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@darkangelsi
@rider_nakor

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, after not being able to attend the last race I'm determined to nail the next race, which takes place on a circuit I don't particularly enjoy but each to their own.
Enjoy the car setup I have just now but struggling to see where the aliens amongst us are gaining time. That or I'm at the peak of what I can achieve using the trusty ol' dualshock 3.
Done a few lap's with the telemetry turned on, closest I could get to my best was a less than a tenth off to give you an idea. Constructive criticism welcome.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, after not being able to attend the last race I'm determined to nail the next race, which takes place on a circuit I don't particularly enjoy but each to their own.
Enjoy the car setup I have just now but struggling to see where the aliens amongst us are gaining time. That or I'm at the peak of what I can achieve using the trusty ol' dualshock 3.
Done a few lap's with the telemetry turned on, closest I could get to my best was a less than a tenth off to give you an idea. Constructive criticism welcome.
Considering your on controler mate you not far off what the wheel users are doing. Good lap.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Always chasing that last second of lap time =)
Keeping tyres in their window is going to be the real challenge for me.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Always chasing that last second of lap time =)
Keeping tyres in their window is going to be the real challenge for me.
Lol.. Well after watching your vid with sound this time id probbly suggest you widen your gearing they sound all very close.. Are you running stock gears..

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
final ratio was 2.83 but all the gears were shifted one click left from standard. Will play around with it after I sleep. Was chasing clucks ghost & noticed he was pulling away on the straight easily. Not something I'd have noticed if I kept going around by myself. Looking back on the video, quite tempted to push the weight rearwards a touch to help keep the power down, some corners are very...slippery

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Looking back on the video, quite tempted to push the weight rearwards a touch to help keep the power down, some corners are very...slippery
Didn't think you could change the weight bias. It's locked for me.

For my fastest lap I'm in 3rd for the 1st right hander and 2nd for the last left. Other than that your lap looks pretty good to me. Probably more in the balance of the setup so you can get on the power sooner, than anything. Jonno posted a vid to the Split 1 thread if you want to see a comparison.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Same for Split 2 :)

Back in the day we had actually already a race with the BAC Mono around Dubai. I made a setup which was quite good (if I remember it correctly of course). Maybe it can help some of you, here it is:

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/17153524

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Finally down to 1.01.3 but think that was about as perfect a lap as I've ever done, can quite happily lap in the low/mid 1.02 which should do me well in the upcoming race :woot:
Found a way to give me more rear end grip as well from the video I posted earlier but it's a huge setup compromise for some corners.
How is everyone else getting on or are you all keeping it hush? :nailbiting::smuggrin:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Finally down to 1.01.3 but think that was about as perfect a lap as I've ever done, can quite happily lap in the low/mid 1.02 which should do me well in the upcoming race :woot:
Found a way to give me more rear end grip as well from the video I posted earlier but it's a huge setup compromise for some corners.
How is everyone else getting on or are you all keeping it hush? :nailbiting::smuggrin:
Using Todays setup race pace for me its around 1.03.5 with full fuel to the end (too paranoid of full pits ending my race again).

Best TT 1.01.9

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Did some practice yesterday and low 1.02's are possible right from the start with full fuel. Mid to high 1.01's after the pit stop in the middle.

@SlowBloke you won't need a full tank. I used 23 liters over the race distance. Make it 25 to have a little extra safety.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh dear I am slow I am getting 1.09s on this.

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
Water temp has reached 98 as critical after 8 laps. Because of radiator setup is disabled on BAC what you suggest for reduce it? or should i ignore it? I don't want to blown up my engine in the middle of the race

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Short shift, don't red line the engine so much, be careful when downshifting & you're unlikely to blow the engine at 98C. Most cooling systems are pressurised so you can go upto around 125/130 before stressing the engine. I know my daily drive happily sits at 95C cruising the motorways

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think in pCARS engines only start taking damage past 110C.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In real life I ran over 110C on my Nissan on a Brands Hatch track day with no ill-effects - oil was 130C+ too. As FuBii says, as the water system is pressurised, the water can quite happily sit above 100C.

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, as it turned out my left wrist isnt just sprained but broken. Now wearing a bandage which hinders mobility by quite a lot. But I dont want to to cancel yet another round and will try to be there on time :)

Not that competitive tho, but its about the fun anyway :p

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
In real life I ran over 110C on my Nissan on a Brands Hatch track day with no ill-effects - oil was 130C+ too. As FuBii says, as the water system is pressurised, the water can quite happily sit above 100C.
That sounds reasonable. All this is very much dependent of technical choices made by the manufacturer. But in case of excessive temperature you would first notice a white smoke coming out of the motor from an exhaust valve.

At that point one has to think about slowing down, or blow the motor, as the water meant to cool down the engine is actually being vaporized in the atmosphere ;)

I don't know if pCars is made that way. Does anyone has experience in blowing motors due to temperature in pCars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread