Split 2 - R4: Watkins Glen - 2nd April 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
s4-r4-watkins-banner.jpg

Class: GTE
Track: Watkins Glen
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 2nd April 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 2nd April 2018
Time Progression: 2x
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 15:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Heavy Cloud

Race Time: 5 + 60 minutes
Race Start Time: 16:00
Race Weather Forecast: Heavy Cloud > Hazy

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Special Track Limits
The exit of Turn 1 will have the track limits extended to the left-edge of the red/yellow curbing, that runs almost all the way down to Turn 2. As per our standard white lines rule, you MUST keep at least 2 wheels within the curbing.

This extension ONLY applies to the curbing at Turn 1. No other areas of the circuit are having their track limits extended and, as such, for every other part of the track, the usual "2 wheels within the white lines" rule applies. The following pictures act as a guide for what is Safe and what is Illegal:

Penalties
None

Confirmed No-Shows
@benimi (maybe)
@Invincible (maybe)
@drukqs
@xImJakeyy (maybe)
@mikeysalmon27
@Damian Hall
@dominiczeth
@atmosfearic34

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will be visiting my parents for the holidays, and I should be home half an hour before the driver briefing starts, but the train might get delayed so much, I might not make it. I'll do my best to make it, and if I can't it's because it's out of my power.
Cheers.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Admins

Hi folks, with Watkin's Glen coming up, and considering the last minute change to track limits on Monza (at ascari) I just wanted to get an early confirmation for turn one of Waktin's, as many racing series seem to allow a legal line past the white lines. I don't care what the ruling is for RevCup, I just care that it doesn't get announced as a change in the drivers briefing.

Would it be possible to clarify please? Many thanks...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Admins

Hi folks, with Watkin's Glen coming up, and considering the last minute change to track limits on Monza (at ascari) I just wanted to get an early confirmation for turn one of Waktin's, as many racing series seem to allow a legal line past the white lines. I don't care what the ruling is for RevCup, I just care that it doesn't get announced as a change in the drivers briefing.

Would it be possible to clarify please? Many thanks...

It is very simple. As long as nothing else is announced our normal track limits apply. If we allow certain areas we will announce it, from now on, in advance and not in the driver briefing.

This means for now: 2 wheels inside the white lines at all times

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It is very simple. As long as nothing else is announced our normal track limits apply. If we allow certain areas we will announce it, from now on, in advance and not in the driver briefing.

This means for now: 2 wheels inside the white lines at all times
Great, thanks for this.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Easter/Family stuff on Monday - so I'm not sure if I can make it. I might be there in time, but I cannot ensure it at this point.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am confirmed no show, only returning to the UK from holiday on Tuesday.

GL everyone :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I might be a no show for this race, will be returning from Oulton Park.
I should get home for 7PM, but if I hit traffic I might not make it.

mikeysalmon27

Community Member
Reaction score
I will not be attending this race tomorrow Ive been quite ill for a while now... enjoy the race guys:)

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I will be on duty at this time. I won't be able to make it. I actually love this track too sigh.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to race today, my internet connection disconnects from time to time for 5-10 seconds. My ISP (pyur) had some serios issues this weekend and for me it's still not fixed to 100%.
It could work for the race but the risk is high that I ram someone when a disconnect happens so I think I better drop this one.

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll have to pull out of the race tonight. I don't currently have sound on my PC at all as my headset decided to break on me the other day. Due to the bank holiday Friday and no mail on sundays, the new headset still hasn't been delivered. Have a good race guys!

Last edited:

Cartman_SP69

Community Member
Reaction score
Good evening guys apologies for not joining the race and only notifying now, we have been without power since last night power was restored, i also had issues with my internet.

Have fun and enjoy the race.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
What an Average race, god the Corvette is a dog slow if there are corners on the track.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Super fun race! Thank you guys for letting me join you all.

Fingers crossed for another open spot at Hockenheimring!

Edit: And a big THANK YOU to @Darksi for ruining his own race, for the sake of everyone else, and pulling in to the pits just to mute the driver with the open microphone on Teamspeak!

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well....sorry for that @UnstopaPaul:
yah, there wasn't much to do there, once I'd decided to go past, there was no way I could avoid you. Only chance would have been if I'd just slammed on brakes right away, but I'd really no idea that your car was going to basically teleport across the track! At least it wasn't in a real car mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread