Split 2 - R5: Brands Hatch - 26th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Brands Hatch
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 26th June May 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:45 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Laps: 1+34
Ingame Date: 26th June 2017
Ingame Time: 15:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Medium Cloud > Random
Weather Progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Mark Baggaley
@Pete Morrish
@Nevil

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ohh x2 weather thats a new one. Best test for every type of weather then lol..

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
So, 2x means:
during the whole race (35 laps)

~8 laps of Medium Cloud
~8 laps of Random
~8 laps of Medium Cloud
~8 laps of Random

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ashnoom i think the 2x progression means that the random slot is occuring after half of the time it normally would, but I'm also not sure about it

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Weather Progression 1x = 1 Weather Slot = 60 minutes
Weather Progression 2x = 1 Weather Slot = 30 minutes

A random weather slot does not work together with "Sync to Race". Thats why we have to change it for this event. With 2x one slot will be roughly 30 minutes +- 5 minutes. Also the transition from one to another slot is kinda random. Could take 1 lap to change, could take 4 laps to change. I guess thats enough random for us :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Should be fun tho as no one will actualy know what weather is coming so it will all be won on stratagy..

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Really sorry chaps, especially @Nevil but it's highly unlikely that I will make it to this one.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Weather Progression 1x = 1 Weather Slot = 60 minutes
Weather Progression 2x = 1 Weather Slot = 30 minutes

A random weather slot does not work together with "Sync to Race". Thats why we have to change it for this event. With 2x one slot will be roughly 30 minutes +- 5 minutes. Also the transition from one to another slot is kinda random. Could take 1 lap to change, could take 4 laps to change. I guess thats enough random for us :)
So if race is less than 30 minutes, other slots (if it is more than one) makes no sense?

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
So, I've did some practice yesterday and managed to do a 1.18.2 hotlap on 20ltr fuel and normal race settings regarding radiators and stuff. Race pace seems, for me, to be around 1.19 - 1.20

I've fiddled a bit with settings and settle with minor changes in gearing (1 tick shorter 5th and 6th gear and 2 clicks longer 1st and 2nd gear and 1 click longer third gear. No clue if this is "good" but it worked for me.

Suspension wise I kept the bumps/rebounds on default and springs were lowered, rear suspension was softer than front which, including the 1, 3 downforce made my car quite stable on corner entry and exits.

Only corner I have some liftoff oversteer problems with is the 2nd corner (the slow "hairpin") but usually manage to keep it together.

Let's see what tonight will bring.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late notice – been meaning (and forgetting) to post since Saturday. I'm going to have to bail on this race and next week's final. Working bonkers hours at the moment in the final stages of pCARS2. Can't afford to not be working this evening.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late notice – been meaning (and forgetting) to post since Saturday. I'm going to have to bail on this race and next week's final. Working bonkers hours at the moment in the final stages of pCARS2. Can't afford to not be working this evening.
Will miss your adventures on the track but I think I probably speak for all of us here - pcars 2 release cant come soon enough so we understand :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can only echo SlowBloke here. Your real-life duties are, quite understandably, the absolute highest priority right now so I don't think anybody here will not understand why you need to take a break from here. It was an absolute pleasure having you onboard for these races Pete and I'm sure everybody is looking forward to racing with you again soon :).

Fingers crossed for all of you at SMS over the next few months :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll shout a random "warbeard" through the mic @Pete Morrish

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
Really sorry for the short notice but I'm out for tonight's race due to a combination of factors.
The good news is my replacement Rift unit is on its way!
Have a good race guys and hope to see you all next time.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Too late for the main game, but I'm gonna have to ask Jan to put in a WARBEARD! team for one of the DLCs.

Just hopped onto my rig intending to test an FFB bug for AJ. Ended up doing half an hour of Lotus 49 on a classic track in storm conditions. The wet-weather handling is fantastic fun. Love it.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Best... racing... E V E R...

Holy crap - JustG and Stoke - thank you so much for the best fight Ive had since I started with TGC/RSR !!!

So clean, so fair but hard and so unbelievably close for so long...

I know you guys were both faster than me but it wasnt by much and this track and car combo just allows for such great track action - both in defending and attacking and there was so much to and fro.... jebus Im absolutely knackered after that but smiling from ear to ear.

Hope you got a decent vid of it Stoke :)

Alas once I pitted you both jumped me easily enough to your well deserved positions.

Dutch we had a close one at the end too - I was determined to hold onto my 4th 5th in a row - if you had a couple of more laps you probably would have had me.

I think I need to lie down now... sheesh !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread