Split 2 - R5: Brands Hatch - 26th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are you a fidget spinner or you just excited for LMP3 :banghead:
@zevme thanks for the amazing setup, I just kept hitting a kerb which spun me twice. Sorry for those that saw my front lights on multiple occasions.
I acted like a true Verstappen fanboy, diving in each gap, which resulted in slight contact with @Jonno , apologies again.

Pitted early placed me 16th and that's where the TT mentality came in pushing out 18.6's untill the last 5 laps when I saw @SlowBloke 's taillights. Charged like a bull at those lights but no way I could get by. You earned that 5th place man. Great defending.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has anyone screenshoted the "Best Laps" for the race? :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
great race guys...
firstly @Darksi fantastic start mate you did a brilliant job i think amongst catching the grass your nerves got you.. but well done mate you really had me worried..

after avoiding some incidents at the start saw me 5th behind @JustG and @SlowBloke i was nearly 8 seconds a drift.. but some how i was catching them.. glancing in my mirrors i saw @Stokemon gaining so i put my mental foot down.. by the time he caught me we both were right on slow and G that turned out to be an epic battle for a while.. after that i pitted for fresh rubber but my strategy didn't pay off i was down to 11th with @Dutchtastic catching me.. He eventually caught me we exchanged paint but no harm we both managed to claw our way through everyone up to 7th i was with now @steveg200 bearing down on me on the last 3 corners i binned it gifting ste 7th lol... good racing all guys...

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No words can describe how epic that race was! I'll upload the video tomorrow and share it with you guys because it says more than I ever could.

@SlowBloke thanks for the greatest race of my life, shame you made the slight mistake. Your defending was so epic I was never going to find a way passed. You must watch my save into the first turn at one point when I was so sure I was going to hit you so stood on the brakes and I've no idea how I remained pointing the right way and completely missed you.

@Jonno @JustG thanks for the clean fair and hard racing. It's awesome being able to put trust in the guys you're side by side with.

@steveg200 really sorry mate. If I could have been having my spin anywhere other than the middle of the road I would have done.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
:(

@The Wayfaerer , great battles in the begining.

All in all... I was 2nd 4 laps until the end, then my game crashed :(

Never happened before. I think it is due to Oculus software update that was just before the race and I didn't restart my PC.

That's good news SillySausage, that we all get free copies of PC2 month before official release :p

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great racing yesterday guys

Thanks to @t0daY for trusting me to host the session, which really helped me to get a bit distracted from thinking about the title thing :D

Qualy went extremely well for me. On all 4 attempts i got a clean lap without any traffic.

At the first lap @Dama_The_Crow got me because i couldn't get the hammer down in the first lap because i often need about 2 laps to get into my rhythm for the race.

After getting into my rhythm I started battling with @Dama_The_Crow for several laps. Hopefully he has some footage of that because there were lots of great passes between us two.

After some laps of intense battling he did a small mistake at the third fast right hander in the forest, which i was using for my advantage to pass him and check out and gaining more and more of a lead.

I maybe also had a little bit more luck with the lappers as I often could extend my lead when hitting backmarkers.

After the halfway mark of the race it was mostly doing constant laps and just control the race from the front.

Shoutout to all the people who got lapped yesterday: you did a brilliant job

I'm really stoked that i could clinch the title on the pre-to-final race of the season and really looking forward to the Finale at Spa, where I can relax and enjoy the hopefully awesome racing.

And thx to @steveg200 for the awesome battles throughout the season. It was really a shame that you had bad luck the last 2 races

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome race yesterday. Had some great battles with HHgaming, danvel37 and Stormin. I was a bit slow, but never really lost my car (just a few times in the grass). That was fun!

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Video up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread