Split 2 - R5: Silverstone - 13th Mar 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
5 - Silverstone National.png

Car:
BAC Mono
Track: Silverstone National
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 13th March 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice - 60 minutes
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 15 minutes
19:45 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
20:00 UTC - Race - 1+46 Laps

Ingame Date: 13th September 2017
Ingame Time: 10:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Fog -> Fog with Rain
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@SirHunterOne
@Alex du Plessis
@darkangelsi
@Corbs

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I practiced in the Fog with rain condition and couldn't get the tire temperature to a usefull level. And I mean below 60°.:rolleyes: I tried with changing pressure, camber angle and some other settings, but no success. My lap times are 1:04 or so, I know there is much potential, but does anyone have a few hints how I can get a better tyre temperature in these conditions?
Or do I need the hard tyre?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Usually, when the conditions are cooler, you want to drop the pressures, so just keep dropping them until you start seeing reasonable levels. I was in the low 1.3-bar levels for the Sakitto race, IIRC.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I only practiced briefly for a few laps in the fog with rain. With the excellent setup posted by @FlyingKman on the Pcars setup database.

I put the tyre pressures very low (1.12 bar all round I think) and the temps seemed to be about right, 100+ deg C (120 is what Kman said to aim for in the wet, I think I only ran at 90 or so at Sakitto).

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
as per a discussion in the split 1 thread, it's worth bearing in mind that the rain will not start falling exactly half-way through the race. What typically happens is, you will start to see the first few spots of rain appearing quite a few laps before the half-way stage, gradually increasing in intensity until it reaches the level it is designed to reach. The trick is going to be managing those early 'slightly damp' laps before coming in for tyres that will have those reduced pressures you need to run effectively in the wet.

For what it's worth, I ran a quick test last night and saw the first spots of rain on lap 15 (literally, 2 or 3 spots), which then slowly built in intensity. Even by the half-way stage, it wasn't properly raining, it was still building. Hope that helps some of you with your pit-stop planning :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I practiced in the Fog with rain condition and couldn't get the tire temperature to a usefull level. And I mean below 60°.:rolleyes: I tried with changing pressure, camber angle and some other settings, but no success. My lap times are 1:04 or so, I know there is much potential, but does anyone have a few hints how I can get a better tyre temperature in these conditions?
Or do I need the hard tyre?
Also, as I forgot to mention it really. In the dry - whilst it is just foggy - I am running a mix of tyre pressures to try and get even temps all round. The front left is in the high 1.4x-bar area, whilst the others are - IIRC - in the high 1.3x-bar/low 1.4x-bar area. With those pressures, I can maintain just over 200°F temps all round. That results in 55s laps, right from the green light, on a full tank.

60°C temps is way too low by the way, way way WAY too low.

Last edited:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Also, as I forgot to mention it really. In the dry - whilst it is just foggy - I am running a mix of tyre pressures to try and get even temps all round. The front left is in the high 1.4x-bar area, whilst the others are - IIRC - in the high 1.3x-bar/low 1.4x-bar area. With those pressures, I can maintain just over 200°F temps all round. That results in 1m55s laps, right from the green light, on a full tank.

Wow @Cluck way to go reverse imperial/metric head warp, pressures in bar and temperatures in Fahrenheit!

I can only cope with temperature in centigrade but tyre pressures still only really make sense in PSI (though for work/engineering I would only use bar). The rest of the world has it so easy using all metric (or all imperial) for everything!

Still waiting for a sim that will let me have speed in MPH, tyre pressures in PSI, temperatures in Centigrade and all short lengths for suspension setup in mm...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow @Cluck way to go reverse imperial/metric head warp, pressures in bar and temperatures in Fahrenheit!

I can only cope with temperature in centigrade but tyre pressures still only really make sense in PSI (though for work/engineering I would only use bar). The rest of the world has it so easy using all metric (or all imperial) for everything!

Still waiting for a sim that will let me have speed in MPH, tyre pressures in PSI, temperatures in Centigrade and all short lengths for suspension setup in mm...
It was a suggestion I made during development of pCARS1 - to give the user the option of having whatever measurements they wanted, not just a fixed "imperial or metric". I might have asked for it again in pCARS2.

My problem is, I want speed shown in MPH so, I have to have pressure in 'bar', temps in Fahrenheit and spring height, travel etc in mm . It's why I rarely know what temperatures my tyres or brakes are, because I have no genuine idea of whether they are too high or too low, resulting in my turning it off 99% of the time.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
thanks for the hints, with lower pressure it's also for me possible to get at least "green" tyres :) In dry conditions it's mostly between 1.3 and 1.4 bar, in the wet lower pressure could be needed. Especially if the driver is less experienced ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Also, as I forgot to mention it really. In the dry - whilst it is just foggy - I am running a mix of tyre pressures to try and get even temps all round. The front left is in the high 1.4x-bar area, whilst the others are - IIRC - in the high 1.3x-bar/low 1.4x-bar area. With those pressures, I can maintain just over 200°F temps all round. That results in 1m55s laps, right from the green light, on a full tank.

here cluck you doing 1.55 laps lol id be lapping you if you are lol..

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
I only practiced briefly for a few laps in the fog with rain. With the excellent setup posted by @FlyingKman on the Pcars setup database.

I put the tyre pressures very low (1.12 bar all round I think) and the temps seemed to be about right, 100+ deg C (120 is what Kman said to aim for in the wet, I think I only ran at 90 or so at Sakitto).

Did a training session in "fog + rain" with Kman's nice setup, and to be able to get the tyre temps to above 100 C, I had to lower the pressures to as low as 1.05 bar all around. And I still wasn't getting 120 degrees after 15 laps. So now I'm thinking of lowering them even further to 1.04 bar or something for all but the front right, which needs an even lower figure.
And my best lap is around 1.06 btw.
Is there something fundemantally wrong with this picture - other than my not so great driving skills? :))

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm at about 1:02 at the moment in fog+rain. Just using the same setup as Dubai (from the online database), with lower tyre pressures. At ~1.25 at the moment I think.

I'm at 58ish seconds in just fog. I thought that was with the Dubai setup, but may well have been the default one.

I have no idea what my tyre temps are (not that advanced yet!); I just know they're green (or at least greenish).

SirHunterOne

Community Member
Reaction score
I am afraid i am going to have to miss this race due to work commitments but should be there for the final race of the season

Have a good race guys :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So did a few practise laps tonight, in the fog I think I can run away (very slowly) from most of the pack provided I don't get stuck in traffic, lapping low/mid 57s consistently with a best of 56.6s. In the rain is a totally different story, would be able to manage the first 2 laps of 'rain' then after another 3 laps tyre temps plummet from 102c to 78c.
Will have to practise the fog with rain more for tomorrow otherwise I'll be going backwards aha.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Please add me to the no show list as I have family commitment thrown at me last minute

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I might be a no-show tonight, as I have a tooth surgery on 16:30 UTC. So it depends on how hammered I am after that.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awwww, dental appointments should always be at 2.30 ;)

two thirty, tooth hurty, geddit? no? gee, tough crowd!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im afraid I wont be here for this one either. Good Luck everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread