Split 2 - R5: Spa-Francorchamps - 27th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Spa-Francorchamps
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 27th August 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
27th August 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
10:00
Medium Cloud

10 Laps
11:00
Heavy Cloud

Feature
27th August 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
15:00
Clear

20 Laps
16:00
Light Cloud > Random

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Thomas Sikora
@Henri
@AFR CHRISILLAS
@David Fuller
@Dama_The_Crow

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
I regret to say I'll be a no-show for this race. Travel obligations. My apologies.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What are the chances for rain? I remember it was 2/7 in Brno, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What are the chances for rain? I remember it was 2/7 in Brno, correct me if I'm wrong.
The chances are always the same. We feed the weather conditions into the spinning wheel and let fate decide (we remove all the snow conditions and thunderstorm but not sure if Storm is also left out)

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The chances are always the same. We feed the weather conditions into the spinning wheel and let fate decide (we remove all the snow conditions and thunderstorm but not sure if Storm is also left out)

That I know, what I'm asking is how many on the wheel overall, and how many of these are actually rain?
(I have no clue what is in the game, and which ones actually raining. Weather isn't a topic I usually discuss with others in English)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What lap times are you guys doing? iv done some testing but have no lap times to gauge my pace on. Will be doing some testing tonight, so just find me on TS around 19:00UTC

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That I know, what I'm asking is how many on the wheel overall, and how many of these are actually rain?
(I have no clue what is in the game, and which ones actually raining. Weather isn't a topic I usually discuss with others in English)
The full list of weather conditions are:

Clear
Light Cloud
Medium Cloud
Heavy Cloud
Overcast
Light Rain
Rain
Storm
Thunderstorm
Snow (light?)
Snow (heavy?)
Blizzard
Fog
Fog w/Rain
Heavy Fog
Heavy Fog w/Rain
Hazy

17 conditions in total, from which we exclude at least 4. That leaves 5 rain conditions from the 13 that remain (possibly 4 from 12, if we exclude Storm). In short, about a 30-33% chance of rain when the random wheel is spun :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What lap times are you guys doing? iv done some testing but have no lap times to gauge my pace on. Will be doing some testing tonight, so just find me on TS around 19:00UTC
If you want a VERY rough idea, here's a TT lap I ran the same night I did the Catalunya lap. It was still about half a second off what I could have strung together at the time and was also set with VERY high wing (18F 20R as I recall) :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you want a VERY rough idea, here's a TT lap I ran the same night I did the Catalunya lap. It was still about half a second off what I could have strung together at the time and was also set with VERY high wing (18F 20R as I recall) :D

i think with the setup i have i can do some risky 1:59s but its not quite right yet. BTW im using catalunya setup with some tweaks and it seems to work well

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
.... and was also set with VERY high wing (18F 20R as I recall)

I thought that if it is track with lots of straights that DF needs to be lowered. :(

I will never learn to do descent setup.... :bigtears:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I thought that if it is track with lots of straights that DF needs to be lowered. :(
theoretically yes. but with this car you can use everywhere all the time. This means you can run higher downforce and use the drs on the straights, this will make you quicker through the corners and some corners like Blanchimont you can go through with DRS open(depending on DF levels). For me its quicker to run higher downforce

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
theoretically yes. but with this car you can use everywhere all the time. This means you can run higher downforce and use the drs on the straights, this will make you quicker through the corners and some corners like Blanchimont you can go through with DRS open(depending on DF levels). For me its quicker to run higher downforce

My thought process was: Higher DF with DRS is low rerar DF, but front DF stays same (High) so car slower at straights :)

@Jamesl91 Thank you for explanation.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow - I know nothing about setups either. I took the default setup, upped the wings to near maximum, lowered the fuel to 5L (out of habit - it makes zero difference in TT), set the radiator to minimum, lowered the brake duct settings and used that to set the lap (you can see for yourself if you save the TT setup that is saved with my ghost).

No doubt lower wings will help you accelerate more and yield a higher top speed but that lap was done to see roughly what was possible on a near-default setup but with high wings.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i have found, adjusting rear toe makes a difference to the cars rear stability

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score

That's amazing, @Cluck. Your videos look like my laps, but in Fast Forward. I sure appreciate them, though, as they act as a sort of guide on 'How It Should Be Done'.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow - I know nothing about setups either. I took the default setup, upped the wings to near maximum, lowered the fuel to 5L (out of habit - it makes zero difference in TT), set the radiator to minimum, lowered the brake duct settings and used that to set the lap (you can see for yourself if you save the TT setup that is saved with my ghost).

No doubt lower wings will help you accelerate more and yield a higher top speed but that lap was done to see roughly what was possible on a near-default setup but with high wings.

Seems that the final drive is at 3500, the engine get's pretty quick to the end of it's power band.
Doesn't this kill the engine in the race after a few laps? So maybe set it back to 3273 for race setup?

Full wings and DRS on at Eau Rouge... wow :D got to give that a try just for the fun of it.
Also noticed that I downshift way too much at some points... seems that I can't get rid of that old habit :banghead:

I turn of DRS just before the right turn at Eau Rouge... but my wing settings are much lower of course, and shift back to 5th uphill... maybe better stay in 6th (referring to the downshift habit).... alhough I catch up with the ghost going uphill in 5th.

In my experience Spa setup is always a compromise, there is no final perfect setup. Low down force gives you a lot of advantage on the straights (pulling away from the pack).. but those with more down force easily catch up in the corners.

Low down force makes corner more difficult of course... and you need to concentrate a lot on cornering (too much in my opinion) during the race. So I will compare some setups and pick the one that suits me best and work from there.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very tricky track... @Cluck how are you so fast in La Source? I loose 8 thenths in T1 compared to you and I loose the rear in that corner 8 out of 10 times :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Seems that the final drive is at 3500, the engine get's pretty quick to the end of it's power band.
Doesn't this kill the engine in the race after a few laps? So maybe set it back to 3273 for race setup?
It's whatever the default final drive is. As mentioned earlier, this is very close to default loose setup - the only changes are to wings, ducts and fuel (not that fuel makes a difference in TT). The low radiator setting will see to it that you won't manage 2 laps in time-trial before the engine goes pop!

Very tricky track... @Cluck how are you so fast in La Source? I loose 8 thenths in T1 compared to you and I loose the rear in that corner 8 out of 10 times :(
No idea other than the high wing settings probably.

AFR CHRISILLAS

Community Member
Reaction score
sigh bad news guys. My wheel has died on me unfortunately. I've been in contact with Thrustmaster trying to get a fix sorted out but it isn't working so I may have to get a new wheel altogether. Not sure how long that's going to take so I have to make my status as unavailable until I have a working wheel again :(. Hopefully I'll be back in action sooner rather than later!

David Fuller

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't take part tonight lads. Haven't been able to get my wheel to work since last week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread