Split 2 - R6: Indianapolis - 10th September 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
I thought that the stage in Barcelona was most unlucky for me, I was very wrong)))
Race 1:

Race 2:

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Qualifying for the Opening Race:
I've ran my best lap so far, but it wasn't enough against @xImJakeyy GGs.

Opening race:
Good start, helping me get into the lead, the first few laps I was still used to my quali set-up, and @Jamesl91 having on my rear didn't really help me. But then he made a mistake, I got a gap to calm down, and the race was only managing the gap to the end.

Qualifying for the Feature Race:
I blew my first run, then the game decided to load a different set-up for the second one, with race fuel. Somehow I still managed to get 3rd, don't ask how.

Feature Race:
Bad start, didn't get the chance to attack for the lead, I even had to defend 3rd.
I had a nice, almost, race long battle with @Nada. In the middle of the race, I have tried something different, and it cost me 3rd, momentary, but I was able to catch back up after the pits, but I just couldn't get close enough to attack. Nice race mate.

Summary:
Redemption, finally, all my practice shows in a good result:

Other than a few laps in the TT, that's all for this event.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Having been mucking around with the tyre pressures for his car for the past few races I finally found the pressures that allow the car to grip & not ruin the tyres... 1.68 front 1.51 rear.
That said, setup was extremely basic is that is was a carbon copy of my brno TT setup (stiffer suspension than the wet race we had). But thankfully I was still able to qualify within 2s of the leaders. Unfortunately this still put me on the last row of the grid.

Expecting the worst after the break I was slow to get away & eased away Unenthusiastically from the start. There was a massive shunt on the pit straight were I even had to slow down from an already slow pace to make it through the wreckage. Through T1, 2 & 3. Managed to make a few places as people span out or were too aggressive with each other to notice me sneaking up.
T7 there was another big incident that saw 4 cars on the grass.
By the end of lap 1 I had gone from p15 to p4 with 3rd place just 4s up the road. I managed to close that gap 4 times but each time I got within 1.6s I messed up on corner exit with a silly half spin here & there. Only to close it up again. I really wanted to get on that podium again .
Think at the end of the sprint I was the last of the non lapped cars which was a first for this entire season. My pace was shockingly slow 1.14.6 laps but they were pretty consistent for me, rarely varying by more than 0.8s unless I had a spin. But then, it didn't really matter, p5 was over a lap down by the end of the first lap.

The feature race went more as usual, had a good little battle with @Freak Superman though I think I squeezed a little too much at one point as there was contact as I went around the outside of the second chicane(I was ahead on track). We both ended off track & waited for the traffic to pass before rejoining & continuing the battle. I think though that you had a lot more damage than me as you spun immediately in the next corner. I got away with 5 rear aero. Made the rear of the car really light so I left the drs well alone, I had already had an incident in qualifying on the last corner with drs putting me in the wall. Made it to lap 17 when I pitted & was able to jump 2 places through the pitstops eventually settling for p11 though, I did have a scare when @Jamesl91 came cruising up through the field & he was able to close 2s each lap consistently until 4laps from the end. Great for me as I need the points aha. Think you had some serious engine damage..
I tend to leave the radiator at 75% for the race, 20% for qualy.

Must admit I enjoyed that track more than I thought I would. Noticed I was taking that first chicane quite a bit faster than most people around me which was a pleasant surprise. Had fun wrestling the car in the slow corners as it always wanted to slide on acceleration. Short shifting ftw. See you all next round

*apologies for any Grammer & spelling mistakes, typing this on my daft phone at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread