Split 2 - R6: Long Beach - 4th December 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Has to retire in 15 min before the end. My wheel loose the connection and i crashed into the wall in first corner.

Im sorry @Jonno and @Shepard for the crash. Get out of the slipstream and try to take jonno at the first corner, but did not noticed that you are so close before him shepard, you should not expect me there, tried to get the corner very tight but it was to late!
Sorry for that!!!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
been disconnected from the session 4 minutes to the end...FFS

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Fantastic season. Well done RSR. I was chasing for a podium all season but it would not work, even though I seemed to have the pace. But in the end it comes down to "concistency is key". Had some great battles through the season though, thank you guys.

Anyone I hit in corner six, might have been Bramhall. Sorry for any misunderstanding. From my point of view I was clearly side by side going in to the corner. Please prove me wrong if I am.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race. That was fantastic. Was running at sixth about twenty minutes in (don't think I was particularly quick – I just didn't crash, and moved up when other people did). A wee visit to Mr Wall meant a pitstop, came back out in fourteenth.

Was up high again (tenth-ish?) battling with T-Rev. Overtook him, but then felt the pressure, stacked it, and... back to the pits.

Final stint. Eight minutes from the end. I was in eleventh, I think. Guy in tenth (Loxias?) had messed up the first corner, but I got so excited that I messed it up as well, and I got confused, couldn't tell what button was what on my steering wheel in VR, and lost a good 25 seconds. Few laps later, same thing again... Loxias off T1... I was on for tenth (or ninth). Missed my braking point for T1, slammed on the brakes and...

IMG_1285.JPG

..the cable ties that attach my pedals to my rig gave up the ghost. Absolutely gutted. By the time I'd managed to bang together a temporary repair, the game had retired me to the pits. So, so disappointed.

What a race, though. I loved every minute of it (apart from the last eight).

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to @steveg200 @Ashnoom and, of course, to my most helpfull and kind teammate @grobi0815
You guys are brilliant!!!

Also I'd like to thank all the participants. I'm so glad I'm here in such a good company :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Congratulations @steveg200! Well deserved after a consistent and fast season. Was fanatastic fun battling so closely with you for many laps, you drove like a true winner and a great representation of an RSR veteran which you are. Consider me spinning in front of you my way of giving you my blessing to carry on and win the championship. :p

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
View attachment 3191

..the cable ties that attach my pedals to my rig gave up the ghost. Absolutely gutted. By the time I'd managed to bang together a temporary repair, the game had retired me to the pits. So, so disappointed.

What a race, though. I loved every minute of it (apart from the last eight).

Real life pit stop - love the dedication:)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First off, apologies for missing out on the season finale! Been feeling ill the past while, it finally caught up to me in a big way yesterday.
Congratulations to the season winner @steveg200!!

Wasn't a good season by my standards, missing out on the final 4 races for one reason or another. Hope to come back better & more consistent next time round! Catch you all online at some point or another.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Congrats @steveg200 , fantastic performance!!

I tested and tested and tested a lot for this race. I knew I had to keep the car in one piece and avoid wall contact, which I did. I was one of the few cars without a scratch. I missed the apex a few times, shifting down to 2nd gear too often to get traction to stay in front of the car behind me.... causing the engine temp going up to 135 degrees. Tried to cool it down but didn't work out in time and had to retire with a blown engine after 15 minutes in 10th position..... also noticed my brakes were almost on fire...wonder what a good temperature for the brakes is, will have to sort that out before the next season starts.
Watched the race as a spectator to see what my team mate @Thomas Sikora would make of it... not much luck, crashing due to wheel failure... although it was a miracle he could continue racing that long with a heavily damaged car. Hopefully more luck for next season. Uncortunately I will miss some races if they are in February because I will be on the other side of the planet.

Last edited:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
It depends on the car but the rule of thumb I use (originally from TonyR regarding GT3) is you don’t want your brakes to exceed 650C or dip below 350C. This usually translates to around 40%-50% front duct and 15%-30% rear, again depending on the car, conditions, time of day, brake bias, etc.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Here is my POV of the race: I was having terrible FPS during the race. Where I had no problems at all during qualifying. Some others noticed this as well. Also it was really, really bright. As if someone turned the gamma way up.

All in all it was a very enjoyable race. Had lots of fun. I crashed myself once (Gave me small aero dmg), and crashed once due to @steveg200 losing it in T1 <- this cost me first place ;-) DAMN YOU STEVE, still love you! ;-)

Anyway, third place, starting from 8th. I am happy. Gutted to see that my teammate (@CrisBCros ) had a crash in the first lap in the roundabout and even more gutted that he had to retire forcefully 10 minutes in the race. Better luck next season @CrisBCros

Anywhere, here is the video:

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race last night guys, Here is my Qualifying & Race sorry for the low resolution I hadn't had time to sort & Congrats to Steveg200 for winning the Championship

This my first Posted Vid, I'm hoping this will be the start of much more to come

Last edited:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was an exhausting race. Again congrats to @steveg200 for the championship.

I lost my car in the 2nd race lap in turn 1. I tried to hold that position, but after 2 laps I saw that @Ashnoom and SMS_Bramhall were much faster. I decided to go to the pits for the repair and tire change. 1h and 7 minutes on the same tires were a bit much and it was like driving on eggs at the end. I lost the car a second time 2 laps before the race ends, but I was luckily able to hold the gap of 6 tenth between me and @steveg200.

Thanks to everyone in this tier for this awesome season. It was a real plessure to race against and with you this season!

And of course, thanks to all staff members. All of this fun is not possible, without your work!

@Eugene Flerko, we made it mate! Team Champion Of The World!!! (in tier 2 :p)

And here is my POV:

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
It depends on the car but the rule of thumb I use (originally from TonyR regarding GT3) is you don’t want your brakes to exceed 650C or dip below 350C. This usually translates to around 40%-50% front duct and 15%-30% rear, again depending on the car, conditions, time of day, brake bias, etc.
Yeah, I was running running 100% front 95% rear, just to keep the tyres cool. Brake temps didn't go below 300C. All depends on car/track/weather IMHO.

Bluerat

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a chaotic start but was running with great pace in 2nd somehow when my PC decided it wanted to show me a black screen. Game was still running behind it and I think I went into a wall at T1, hope I didn't cause too much agro. When i went to shut down it did an update so I'm guessing that's what killed it. I was fuming as first time I've had good pace and not been scared of spinning out :(. Ahhh well, great season anyway and lots of fun, thanks everyone you guys rock!

@Jesper Ramsberg i think that was @Pete Morrish not me.

Whoever I pinched into T1, my apologies, cold tyres and nerves got the better of me :(.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can't let Season 3 draw to a close without making special mention of @Bluerat and @Pete Morrish . It is an absolute pleasure and privilege to have both of you racing with us for Season 3 (and previous seasons, in Pete's case) and I hope you both had a lot of fun and met some great people along the way. I also hope you'll stick around for Season 4 :)

It's rare that you get the chance to race alongside the guys that make the games we love so, yes, on behalf of all of the staff at RSR, I want to say thank you for racing with us :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can't let Season 3 draw to a close without making special mention of @Bluerat and @Pete Morrish . It is an absolute pleasure and privilege to have both of you racing with us for Season 3 (and previous seasons, in Pete's case) and I hope you both had a lot of fun and met some great people along the way. I also hope you'll stick around for Season 4 :)

It's rare that you get the chance to race alongside the guys that make the games we love so, yes, on behalf of all of the staff at RSR, I want to say thank you for racing with us :)

Couldn't phrase it any better. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread