Split 2 - R6: Long Beach - 4th December 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Calling what I was doing ‘racing’ is generous.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone I hit in corner six, might have been Bramhall. Sorry for any misunderstanding. From my point of view I was clearly side by side going in to the corner. Please prove me wrong if I am.

Here's a quick video. I think it shows you nudging to the left and shunting me into the barriers. Took me up to 30+ damage at the front, so necessitated a visit to the pits.

I'll tell you why this pissed me off so much. I was in sixth. You were in seventh. Coming onto the main straight, I noticed the race leader wasn't too far behind. You were with him. Because it's such an evil circuit to overtake on, and because I didn't want to cause a panic and ruin the leader's race, I slowed down. A lot. I called out for the person in seventh not to take advantage; I genuinely think you didn't get past on the straight not because you let me, but because I wasn't going to let you. Feels like you'd have been happy with the overtake.

From there, instantly, it seemed you were battling with me. And you wouldn't have been there at all if I hadn't slowed down to let SteveG safely overtake. I would have expected a little less pressure, given that you'd gained five or ten seconds on me through sheer damned politeness.

To then be shunted off the track (I was in fourteenth by the time I left the pits) was rubbing salt in the wound.

Like I say, I didn't finish the race due to my rig unexpectedly collapsing, so I didn't make a big deal out of it. If I had finished, I would have done. But you mentioned it, so...

Last edited:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats to my Teammate @steveg200! Well done! I was so sad when I saw on my smartphone that @t0daY started to stream... I really like this track and it was also the season final...

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry Pete. It has not of my meaning to nudge to the left to on purpose hit you. What can be seen the film is me trying to keep the car as stable as possible to reduce the risk of losing the car. From this video I see that I am om the verge of beside you enough. I Will certainly have that in mind going forward.

@Pete Morrish

That said I think its completely fine to take advantage of a situation where someone is being lapped. Say someone else i being lapped and loses 5 seconds in front of you but you wont see it becuase that driver is too far up the road but the 5 seconds is enough to get you that place in the end.
Here's a quick video. I think it shows you nudging to the left and shunting me into the barriers. Took me up to 30+ damage at the front, so necessitated a visit to the pits.

I'll tell you why this pissed me off so much. I was in sixth. You were in seventh. Coming onto the main straight, I noticed the race leader wasn't too far behind. You were with him. Because it's such an evil circuit to overtake on, and because I didn't want to cause a panic and ruin the leader's race, I slowed down. A lot. I called out for the person in seventh not to take advantage; I genuinely think you didn't get past on the straight not because you let me, but because I wasn't going to let you. Feels like you'd have been happy with the overtake.

From there, instantly, it seemed you were battling with me. And you wouldn't have been there at all if I hadn't slowed down to let SteveG safely overtake. I would have expected a little less pressure, given that you'd gained five or ten seconds on me through sheer damned politeness.

To then be shunted off the track (I was in fourteenth by the time I left the pits) was rubbing salt in the wound.

Like I say, I didn't finish the race due to my rig unexpectedly collapsing, so I didn't make a big deal out of it. If I had finished, I would have done. But you mentioned it, so...

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt it wasn't on purpose. But you can perhaps see why it irritated me so much?

I take your point on taking advantage of being lapped, but this wasn't as per the example you outlined, not even close. I clearly called out that I'd be slowing down significantly on the start / finish straight to let SteveG through, plus 'whoever's in 7th, please don't take advantage'. I've been burned many times before by slowing down and letting people through that weren't actually lapping me. To be honest, I'll continue to err on the side of caution, because the effect when it goes wrong (taking out a race leader) is so bad. If people want to take advantage, then that's on them. It's to the letter of the law, sure, but perhaps not its spirit.

(to be honest, normally not a problem because I'm so far back in the field. This time, though, I'd found form, similar to the second half of the first season, and losing eight places a) through no fault of my own, and b) off the back of doing 'the right thing' = immensely frustrating)

Last edited:

Bluerat

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't let Season 3 draw to a close without making special mention of @Bluerat and @Pete Morrish . It is an absolute pleasure and privilege to have both of you racing with us for Season 3 (and previous seasons, in Pete's case) and I hope you both had a lot of fun and met some great people along the way. I also hope you'll stick around for Season 4 :)

It's rare that you get the chance to race alongside the guys that make the games we love so, yes, on behalf of all of the staff at RSR, I want to say thank you for racing with us :)

Ahhhhh that's very nice of you to say @Cluck(also thanks for the setups again), but in truth the pleasure is probably all ours :D. This is a great community with a great atmosphere and some superb racing, it's been really good fun.

I might not be in for the full Season 4 due to other commitments, but that might change when I see the details of it, I'm a sucker for racing ;-).

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I also want to add that I really really enjoyed this whole thing. It was my first time ever doing competitive racing and the RSR staff has done an outstanding job. Thank you guys!

Regarding last night I have to say that some things were not up to our standards and rules, but as I have no replay at hand due to my disconnection, i will point out just two things that I still have in mind:

Some of our beloved members forget about their duty to give a position back when they cause an incident. Once I was shunted into the wall when trying to avoid two crashed cars in T1, and the guy behind just kept going on.
The other case was when I witnessed P5 or 6 hitting someone from behind while overlapping, and this fellow race companion also just drove away as if nothing happened.

Just a friendly reminder: Even if we slow guys get a lap down, we are also racing and every position means a lot to us. Please all keep this in mind for the future.

Thx!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Pete Morrish @Jesper Ramsberg - if you wish to continue the discussion, please do so via a private conversation between yourselves (click on your name and click Start Conversation). You are more than welcome to invite a Moderator to the chat, if you think it is necessary.

We try to encourage drivers to resolve their differences privately and if that fails, to raise a Steward's Enquiry, if one driver feels that the other failed to drive to the standards we all expect at RSR. Discussing a situation in the open can be counter-productive at times, with emotions sometimes being difficult to keep in check :)

Your Chicken Master has spoken. Obey!

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
First off, apologies for missing out on the season finale! Been feeling ill the past while, it finally caught up to me in a big way yesterday.
Congratulations to the season winner @steveg200!!

Wasn't a good season by my standards, missing out on the final 4 races for one reason or another. Hope to come back better & more consistent next time round! Catch you all online at some point or another.
Get Well soon mate. Wish you a quick and fast recovery

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cheers man, Worked it out, with the help of technology, I slept for a total of 21 hours 46 minutes on Monday. :eek:
I was well & truly out of it.:dead:
Though I'm more inclined to call it a light coma than a sleep... :rolleyes:

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
#neveragain

CF8B554D-A3BB-4087-AB83-12AD11578751.jpeg

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Steve for the championship (Awesome drive mate - You are a legend!!). Many thanks to all in RSR for organizing and all the help, guidance race craft building to help me get better at the game. Especially to James (For awesome race setups), Battenberg, Darksi for helping me be more alert and aware of what is going on around me and the race confidence building. Thank you for having me - I shall change my name as I have almost stopped crashing!! lol

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Not on the rig I’ve got, no. It’s a GT Omega ART. Nice and narrow, fits in my office nicely. Pedal board is only attached at the back; hinges down, and I have to use ties to attach the front of the board to the frame itself.

(so yeah, it was the pedal board - to which the pedals are hard-bolted - that came apart, rather than the pedals themselves)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Not on the rig I’ve got, no. It’s a GT Omega ART. Nice and narrow, fits in my office nicely. Pedal board is only attached at the back; hinges down, and I have to use ties to attach the front of the board to the frame itself.

(so yeah, it was the pedal board - to which the pedals are hard-bolted - that came apart, rather than the pedals themselves)
I would have drilled some holes and bolted it together...anyways..if your solution works it's all good now.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Jubilee clips...

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
My new tool for next season... new racing glasses in marbled racing GREEN!! GREEN!! GREEN!!
( :D!!:D!!:D!! )
damian_marbled_green_profile_copy.png

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratulations to Steve for the championship (Awesome drive mate - You are a legend!!). Many thanks to all in RSR for organizing and all the help, guidance race craft building to help me get better at the game. Especially to James (For awesome race setups), Battenberg, Darksi for helping me be more alert and aware of what is going on around me and the race confidence building. Thank you for having me - I shall change my name as I have almost stopped crashing!! lol
Your more than welcome Ranj :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results are now up.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread