Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Automobilista 2

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1594557988654.png

All @Members are welcome to join us for another social night racing AMS2! We'll be doing a whole bunch of sprint races together, sampling the variety of content & handling model this new game has to offer.

No sign up needed, just turn up and join us on TeamSpeak before any of the qualifying sessions!

Car: Various
Track: Various

Date: Tuesday, 14th July 2020
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:35 UTC - Qualifying 1
18:45 UTC - Race 1
19:05 UTC - Qualifying 2
19:15 UTC - Race 2
(Repeat until late)

General
In-game Date:14th July 2020
Time Progression:Real Time
Weather Progression:Sync to Race

Qualifying
Duration:10 Minutes
Start Time:Various
Weather Forecast:Various

Race
Duration:15 Minutes
Start Time:Various
Weather Forecast:Various

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
YES!

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
Im in!

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
In - most definitely - this game is perfect for quick blasts :)

Highly recommend we try Ultima (Race) at Montreal 1988.

Also the Sprintrace is a hoot!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So i think a little review is in order, I hope those that were online yesterday can offer their thoughts on it also =)

The game has been constantly improving, it is in a far better place now than in was when it was released in beta...
I'd say that's it is now graphically superior than pCars 2.
Handling is VASTLY improved for a lot of the car's ( though you can't tell from my stream hahaha, I binned it in almost every race :banghead:)
I will say that for controller players, the higher downforce cars are a hit & a miss.
I do not recommend going on the grass however, regaining control is virtually impossible.
The same can be said for gravel traps, though they at least do slow you down, significantly.
The walls are still sticky as I regularly discovered at the top of Bathurst :rolleyes:
My favorite improvement however, is the HUD, we finally have the relative box!
That sprintrace car is fantastic but when the front starts bouncing, oh my god turn you horrible beast, no wait! not like that -spins into oblivion-
the sigma p2 thing was awesome, but there's no feeling from the front end.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Agreed Fubii - its definitely improved - but if I look at it with a critical eye I really could slate it.....

In VR what bugs me the most is the driver models clip through the seat in most cars in a really really bad way and in some cars its really bad with the feet pointing straight up for instance whilst in GT position. Then theres the animations for gear changes etc.. also makes it look really unprofessional.

Just in general some stuff is nicely polished and other stuff is still clearly WIP or unfinished.

Still - the performance and clarity of visuals in VR are very good and then a few of the cars feel really nice to drive... lots of drama coming through the wheel. Is the FFB realistic / accurate... honestly I dont even think I care anymore when it feels so good :)

Just really looking forward to seeing it improve over time.

Users who are viewing this thread