PC2 Resolved Sprint Series - S1 - Round 2 - Contact (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 2018/12/03
Event: RSR/PRD Sprint Series Round 2
Members Involved:
@miagi @fab. ICEMAN
Description:

In the first video I'm pointing out two incidents. On the first one I initially thought it was a late move because we made contact without me being able to counteract it. After rewatching it, I see that I didn't make a clear move to the left trying to go for a overtake.

Second incident still on the first video shows two contacts. First contact is on the corner entry, most likely because of me trying to turn in a bit too early and miagi holding his defensive line too long. Important to me is the second contact on corner exit. After we un-bundled ourselves and went to corner exit, miagi is unexpectedly driving into the side of my car (0:45). There was no other car on his right side forcing him to go that wide and make contact with me. At the moment the contact happened, I was slightly (but clearly enough) in front of miagis car.

Second video shows the third incident. We go into the uphill left-kink, with me being a little in front. We were pretty much side-by-side, where then miagi went for an aggressive corner entry on the curb. (0:11) This unsettled his car for a short time, resulting in a very hard impact on my left rear tire. (0:37) While I see that I placed myself in the middle of the track on corner exit there, I do not understand why miagi takes such a risk of fully hitting the curb and going wide into me.. At the time the impact happened, miagis nose was directly pointing towards my car and he was clearly behind me on the track. In my opinion there was enough room on the left side of the track where miagi could have gone. After the race miagi told me that the Porsche is not able to drive the corner like the Ginetta - which I don't deny - but that doesn't justify a hard impact like this. In my opinion, it was on miagis choice to either take a wider entry into the corner and a smoother, more controllable exit or a hard, direct entry (like in this case) with having to reduce the speed.

Evidence:
Video 1:

Video 2:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
@fab. ICEMAN Could you please provide us with Cockpit view from both cars for "video2" incident

miagi

Steward
Reaction score
First incident: After the contact in the chicane Iceman was able to catch up on the straight. I was a bit warried about the 2 other cars catching up. I would have tought iceman moves all to the left not just a car with next to me. I actually just remembered that I wanted to move left with iceman and was surpsised amd got a tab in the rear.

Second incident: I agree that Iceman hit me on the entrie. But it wasn't a defensive move from me. I notced Stu coming up and that scared me so I left the door wide open because I tought hes doing a dive and will not be able to hold his line what he did surprisingly well. I was warried that if Stu drives into my inside I will me in the middle of a 3 car collision. However, the contact between me an Iceman made it harder for me to maintain a line and I got quite wide on the exit. I checked that on my recording and I find an odd jitter right on the exit apex. On my Video1 at 0:27 from Icemans onboard and 0:39 from my view. Iceman gets kicked harder than he should away from my car. I guess with some lag my car drove harder into him than it happend on my side. But not much I could do about the line at that point of the corner esp. after having to react to Stu and being touched as I turned in.

3rd incident: Because Iceman was unhappy with me after the 2nd race, I wanted to get sure to not touch him when we were going up the hill. In my Video2 at 0:08 the pause, shows that Iceman came close to me, while he had free space on the outside. That caused me to stay quite far left up till the left turn apex. That was the little mistake I had in this accident, I should have moved a bit closer to Iceman before the left hander apex. Then I would have had a better line into the left turn. But I was cautios and gave him more room than needed. At the pause 0:15, just before the impact, you can see how far left Iceman is, while he is already done with the corner. At that time I'm not done with the corner and the kerb didn't help me, I had to use it to make sure I stay as far inside as possible. And at the time of contact I'm still on the left half of the track. I think the mistake Iceman made is he thought the Porsche can take the corner like the Ginetta does. But it can't, we drive different cars in the Cup and I would have needed a little bit more space. Sorry for the crash but I tried to stay as far inside as I could, you still had over one car width space on your right. Iceman didn't want to give me more space because then his entrie for the following right hander would have been compromised. So while I tried to stay as far inside as I can with the Porsche, Iceman was already thinking about the next corner.
Also Iceman was trying to overtake me not the other way around and the overtake wasn't fully accomplish till the moment of contact. If it went well maybe after the right hander Iceman would have been in front, maybe not. In the end I lost more time on the spin than Iceman did because the anti-stall of the car prevented me to get out of the reverse gear.

Video1 replay
Video2 replay

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Last edited by a moderator:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to Stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards have completed their enquiries and discussions in this case and apologise for the delay in publishing their conclusions. Both @miagi and @fab. ICEMAN are to be issued with A Reprimand in addition to having 1 Penalty Point each placed on their Racing License.

Although none of the individual incidents reported in this case would have warranted a penalty, it is the cumulative effect that has resulted in the steward's decision. In miagi's case, we have some very aggressive defending in addition to taking excessive evasive manouevers that result in a collision. In fab.ICEMAN's case, we have 2 incidents of causing unnecessary contact in addition to failing to leave enough room for the other driver, creating the cause/effect of the final collision between both cars. The Stewards are also aware of growing animosity between the two drivers on the racetrack and are warning both drivers that any issues they may have must be resolved in private and NOT on the racing circuit.

Closed for further comments @miagi @fab. ICEMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)