PC2 Resolved Sprint Series - S1 - Round 2 - Contact (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Date: 03.12.2018
Event:Sprint series Round 2 - Race 3
Members Involved: @fab. ICEMAN @Whoosier @Antony Brown
Description:
Unsafe rejoin from eka (Antony Brown) following on from a mistake at Turn 4, Whoosier takes advantage of the situation moving to the left to overtake, both cars come together and end up off track. Ant Rejoins in an unsafe manner with the result being contact with Iceman.

Evidence:

Whoosier

Reaction score
As is written, I had a run on the inside and then OMG followed by Whew and then OMG and poop! :). I don't think Antony even knew I was there on the initial contact he had his hands full coming out of the right turn.

What would I have done differently? Stayed away from RED cars, lol....3 races....3 deaths by red cars.

Whoosier.JPG
Whoosier1.JPG
Whoosier1.5.JPG
Whoosier2.JPG
Whoosier3.JPG

Antony Brown

Reaction score
Steam
View
Yes. Dead sorry about that. You took me by total surprise as I didn't see you.
Looking back at the replay my end it showed that you didn't have your lights on, at my end but I see here you did. Got Project Cars'd again. When I'm home from work I'll upload the photos I took showing this.
Feel sorry for @fab. ICEMAN as well as the innocent bystander caught up on my very uncontrolled sideways track reentry.
Post automatically merged:

On the track reentry, my intention was not to rejoin but lost control of the car on the grass and slid into @Whoosier, nudging his rear quarter and taking us both out. By this point I was further out of control and on the brakes, definable not wanting to rejoin at this point knowing that a whole bunch of cars where coming.
I accept responsibility for the shenanigans of the reentry and and the initial, secondary and final contact. Apologies again to both @fab. ICEMAN and @Whoosier.

Last edited:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Well, as you can see I wasn't the only car coming up on the track. I counted 3 cars being close to me.

I'm sorry to say but this is one of the worst track re-entrys I have seen. The incident before was very questionable and when got off track there was absolutely no effort being done to get back into control of your car. Instead you choose to slide towards the track and re-entry sideways with a drift.

I appreciate your apology. I hope it was a big lesson that next time when you slide off track, your only focus is to regain control of your car - even if you have to dead stop it - before you think about getting back on track.

Antony Brown

Reaction score
Steam
View
I appreciate your feedback. Next time ill just make a beeline for the infield. I agree it did a rather poor job of trying to regain control which lead to an unintended reentry (if you can call it that :() but disagree with the statement of 'no effort made.' I was trying to not reenter the tack before coming into contact with you. I knew there was a group of cars coming, hence not wanting to reenter, was on the brakes the whole way, car was sliding on the grass. The fact that you went 'inside' was calculated and looked the right move but unfortunate that my car snapped back round and crossed your path.
I have much to learn and appreciate that fact that this group prides itself on clean racing and I love clean racing as much as everyone else.
I cant apologize enough for the incident. I do feel very bad for it.
It has been a lesson of course, every time I race it is. I have a long way to go to get up to the level you guys are at. :)

cheers
A

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards have completed their enquiries and are issuing @Antony Brown with A Reprimand, with 1 Penalty Point added to his Racing License.

Although a major set of crashes resulted from this incident, the Stewards only find @Antony Brown responsible for the initial, avoidable, collision with @Whoosier, caused as a result of a partial loss of car control. From there, the Stewards all agreed that Antony appeared to be little more than a passenger, with a car sliding on wet grass - it was clear from the evidence that Antony was trying all he could to avoid the car returning to the track at speed. The resulting crashes were an unfortunate set of coincidences with drivers finding themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Closed for further comments @Antony Brown @fab. ICEMAN @Whoosier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)