PC2 Resolved Sprint Series - S1 - Round 4 - Causes crash and continues (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
Reaction score
Date: 6.1.2018
Event: Sprint Series Season 1 - Round 4
Members Involved:
@Elodyr
Description:

Aproching the 2nd to last corner elodyr tries a move on me resulting in him making contact with me.
I had the racing line so i took it he was not along side of me when i started to make my entry to the corner.(im in vr i can clearly see everything)
He hits my very rear left putting me in to a spin and subsequently wrecking 2/3 other cars then says there was no room for him to do anything clearly this is not the case.could of conceded corner he was obviously quicker than me in genral.and then proceeds to continue to drive off.(rule1.1.3 )Before this incident i give him all the room there possibly is for this track as we battle for postion watch the vid you will see. And to not give me room at the corner is not only poor sportsmanship but poor racing.. Incident happens from 1.13 on vid below. I shall provide more vids of various angles once i have the replay....
Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Elodyr

Reaction score
Steam
View
After having a bad last corner with slight contact with Puffi I had a bad entry onto S/F straight. After T1 Jonno and me are going side by side with both giving each other the room they need, I stay to the inside and he stays on the outside into T2 (not a onesided game :) ). I overshoot the busstop chicane and then hand over the position to Jonno because I felt like I would've gained an unfair advantage if I didn't. He has a bad exit out of the carousel which I see as a good opportunity to re-overtake him to get back my position. I put my car more than enough alongside his car going into the braking zone. I braked harder than him, because I knew that I will have to stick completely to the inside as to not drift outside and into him. This in turn probably gave him the impression that he cleared me and that he can go for the apex of the corner. This was not the case (also indicated in his video by my race engineer on the radio and the little roof cam shot at the end of my video at corner entry). Now with all of this having happened my front right hits his rear left setting him into a spin after which he got collected by other cars.

Ofc I could've conceded the corner as indicated by him, but I didn't see the need for it since I was more than enough alongside his car as to give me a right to stay in the corner alongside him. Also I respect the rule 1.1.3, but I don't accept having to sacrifice my race by waiting for him (would've been at the end of the grid after waiting for him since it was lap 2) if I don't think it's me that caused the collision. I don't think this would've been fair towards me in this instance and if you find it appropriate to punish me for disobeying this rule in this instance then I'll accept that.

Also I don't think calling me out for being a poor racer / sportsman for such a small incident, when the video evidence shows otherwise is fair in any way.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards have completed their enquiries in this case and are issuing A Reprimand to @Jonno for causing an avoidable collision, in addition to 1 License Point being added to his Racing License.

It was clear, from the footage provided, that @Elodyr was attempting an overtake on the inside into turn #10 and that @Jonno had failed to anticipate this move, failing to register @Elodyr's presence to his left. Drivers are reminded that there are many in-game tools at their disposal to assist with locating cars around them and the stewards strongly recommend their use, in additional to external tools like CrewChief. The Stewards saw no reason for @Elodyr to have waited, as he was the driver that had been hit and had not lost track position.

Thread closed for further comments @Jonno @Elodyr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)