rFactor 2 SRCA - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is more the case of that @Blue Monkey is at this time in our Teamspeak and helps people who got questions :)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Little reminder @t0daY @FlyingKman @MelBonkers @Darksi

Open practice together:
• Monday, 24th July, 17:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC in rFactor 2 channel in RSR Teamspeak
• Tuesday, 25th July, 17:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC in rFactor 2 channel in RSR Teamspeak

Rain prediction: For the moment it looks like a max. of 10% rain probability during the race

Important: Don't "upgrade" the car under tuning while joining the server - use always the 2012 model or you will get kicked automatically from the server

Jan, I'll join you in 30 minutes or so! See you in a bit!

B

Blue Monkey

My provisional setup - fuel needs still to be tested - still this setup is 1 sec slower than top group (sry im just bad at this)

Add to those pics:

1. Rearwing 6.5°
  2. Front Springs 140 N/mm
  3. Rear Springs 105 N/mm
  4. Front Slow Bumps to 7 each

vlcsnap-error004.png
vlcsnap-error180.png
vlcsnap-error191.png
vlcsnap-error332.png
vlcsnap-error709.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

@MelBonkers
Unfortunately you have a drive through penalty for the race this wednesday for ignoring blue flags

It will be given to you roughly 10 min into the race

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@MelBonkers
Unfortunately you have a drive through penalty for the race this wednesday for ignoring blue flags

It will be given to you roughly 10 min into the race

That's really shit. Where can I read about that? I wonder in what instance that was. I need to see if I can fix the HUD for the Rift: flags and the repair icon are shown in the top left corner entirely out of sight. So maybe there was a blue flag and I didn't see it.

EDIT: Found it. The only thing is I can't find details about the incident. I asked if it's possible to find out the details of the incident.

Last edited:
B

Blue Monkey

That's really shit. Where can I read about that? I wonder in what instance that was. I need to see if I can fix the HUD for the Rift: flags and the repair icon are shown in the top left corner entirely out of sight. So maybe there was a blue flag and I didn't see it.

EDIT: Found it. The only thing is I can't find details about the incident.
You can find it here https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/race-1-montreal.4238/#post-47830

4360 - Mohammed El Gueriri ignored blue flags for more than 3 corners in a row - Drive through

4360 is the time index on the server replay which you can find here
https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?forums/private-forum.425/ --> go to the thread of the race
download the file and put it under "...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Replays"

Then you start singplayer, go to options and under replay you can watch the replay (klick on the replay you wish to see and press "play replay") (don't press "race" or you start a singleplayer race)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can find it here https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/race-1-montreal.4238/#post-47830

4360 - Mohammed El Gueriri ignored blue flags for more than 3 corners in a row - Drive through

4360 is the time index on the server replay which you can find here
https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?forums/private-forum.425/ --> go to the thread of the race
download the file and put it under "...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Replays"

Then you start singplayer, go to options and under replay you can watch the replay (klick on the replay you wish to see and press "play replay") (don't press "race" or you start a singleplayer race)

I have to say this is REALLY REALLY impressive stuff on behalf of RFactor2. This is some real shit going on here. I take my hat off for RFactor2 and the tools they have.

@FlyingKman You talked about crew chief: I don't use it, but want to give it a try. Where can I download it? You also talked about a file you need to download and install. Could you guide me to a link/url?

B

Blue Monkey

@MelBonkers
I checked, you ignored blue flags for more than 1 lap :(
Be sure you can see the flags properly ... or this will happen again

btw with corners they mostly count chicanes (like last one in Montreal) as 1 corner. More than 3 corners = drive through penalty if someone reports you for it

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@MelBonkers
I checked, you ignored blue flags for more than 1 lap :(
Be sure you can see the flags properly ... or this will happen again

btw with corners they mostly count chicanes (like last one in Montreal) as 1 corner. More than 3 corners = drive through penalty if someone reports you for it
Oops....... Thanx Jan for helping us out here! I really need to see if I can change the HUD display to show the flags better for me.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@MelBonkers
try out the WedgeHUD you can download via the steam workshop, i don't know if it works with VR but it shows flag signals right underneath the HUD mirror in the minimum HUD settings, in that case it should be easier for you to see them
And maybe try also the crew chief app, it has also an option for rfactor2, which works great in SP, but i think it should also work in Multiplayer

Last edited:
B

Blue Monkey

@MelBonkers
try out the WedgeHUD you can download via the steam workshop, i don't know if it works with VR but it shows flag signals right underneath the HUD mirror in the minimum HUD settings, in that case it should be easier for you to see them
And maybe try also the crew chief app, it has also an option for rfactor2, which works great in SP, but i think it should also work in Multiplayer
@Darksi

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@MelBonkers

@The Wayfaerer , using WedgeHUD is a huge improvement for VR. It doesn't work the same as on screens, but at least I can see the pitstop, stop/go penalty sign and yellow flag (at least I see a yellow light for yellow flag I guess) that could help us out during the race. I'll definitely use it for this evening! @Darksi you should use it too! Subscribe to the WedgeHUD in the SteamWorkshop, go to settings in the main menu of RFactor2, select Onscreen display and select WedgeHUD there. You have several styles and versions, but I couldn't see the difference in VR, so I just go for WedgeHUD.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Timezones are getting the better of me today, what time is the start of server reboot and free practice tonight. I can't tell what time zone the SRC website is in

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Brilliant thanks @The Wayfaerer for that. I couldnt see it anywhere.

B

Blue Monkey

Istanbul Park - first tries in daylight
Did some high 1:53s - best sofar 1:53.425 (track was not rubbered in at all + I was alone)
Tire wear per lap: FL ~1%, FR ~3%, RL ~1%, RR ~2% - Fuel usage: ~ 3.2l .... 1 stop possible but we need to reduce front right wear
Based on 1:54s - there will be around 48 laps to drive - that means 77 liter & 0 - 28% front right tire wear remaining (we shouldn't drop under 40% tire wear remaining, cause you will be so much slower)

Here a setup I quickly made, which I managed the 1:53.713 - possibly with that track state would have been 1:53 middle - going lower with the wing gave me worse laptimes
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png

Users who are viewing this thread