Reaction score
Well, that is a drive through penalty for the next race -.-'

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, that is a drive through penalty for the next race -.-'
and i will obviously take it with hands up. My issue is the response that has been given by Simracing guys.

Probably caught me on a grumpy ranty day, but i really had to bite my tongue and not put a post up.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
They are quite unfriendly IMO @Darksi. I feel with you buddy :/

Stormin

Community Member
Reaction score
Manu is a saint compared to this lot lol;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Manu is a saint compared to this lot lol;)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its not the best way to keep people involved who want to spend their free time with a group. I have to say they should join RSR and see how to be friendly

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Exactly

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have done around 100+ practice laps around Paul Ricard and managed to get a setup where I am able to do mid to high 2:15s, that is currently 1 sec off the top guys.

I also did a long run simulation, and tire wear should be again the deciding factor, currently the tire wear is around 40% during a fuel stint, but it is possible that the tires will wear less during the race with more rubber on the track

Attachments

• 370 Test2.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: Tom
B

Blue Monkey

I have done around 100+ practice laps around Paul Ricard and managed to get a setup where I am able to do mid to high 2:15s, that is currently 1 sec off the top guys.

I also did a long run simulation, and tire wear should be again the deciding factor, currently the tire wear is around 40% during a fuel stint, but it is possible that the tires will wear less during the race with more rubber on the track
Questions to think about
How much fuel is needed? - if wet in this series with this car 0 stops might be possible, depending how well the tire goes

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
According to my calculations about 120 - 135l depending on driving style
with fuel saving it might be possible to do a 0 stopper in the rain, but i haven't tried wet conditions
I will probably try that tomorrow after commentating the Ginetta pCars race

B

Blue Monkey

Penalties from Race 1 - will be applied around 10 min into Race 2:
@Darksi: Drivethrough for pitentry violation (crossing the pit entry line)
@Stormin: Drivethrough for chatting during the race

@The Wayfaerer The guy overtaking you under Code 80 got a Drivethrough for it. He wouldn't have if he would have given you the position back.

Stormin

Community Member
Reaction score
ffs i wasnt even racing lol bollox to it im out.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Stormin, relax buddy just carry on and show up for wed race. I know you did not race but I actually love the system they have and they stand to there rules. I can remember a guy saying sorry in the race and a code 80 was called and the guy was kicked out. Rules are rules, I signed up after I read through them, and I am sure you did too.

Well I am keen for wed race and I am slowly but surely getting the hang of this car. If I can ask all the guys that will be racing on wed to please try come online tonight and feel the setup and give your opinion.

Still a bit lost in what road to take on the straight you have that right left or is it left right... first road right or 2nd road left haha. I did it with the bots and they went 2nd road left. I will see tonight.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi, I will be on tonight for some practice, I want to get my S*** together for wednesaday.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am not sure if i can do practice tonight but i will be definitely on tomorrow for several hours and on Wednesday prior to the race for final adjustments

BTW i made an very interesting discovery during my practice stint a few minutes ago. The rear tires do not wear really much so we could theoretically use them for the whole race as only the fronts show a lot of wear, so i tried a pit stop with only 2 tires on the front and we should be able to save 22 secs because of this, as the tires still take longer to change than refueling the car

B

Blue Monkey

I am not sure if i can do practice tonight but i will be definitely on tomorrow for several hours and on Wednesday prior to the race for final adjustments

BTW i made an very interesting discovery during my practice stint a few minutes ago. The rear tires do not wear really much so we could theoretically use them for the whole race as only the fronts show a lot of wear, so i tried a pit stop with only 2 tires on the front and we should be able to save 22 secs because of this, as the tires still take longer to change than refueling the car
How is the balance then? Thats what you have to try ... if the balance is still okay then you can do it

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I haven't tried yet, i will probably do it during our practice tomorrow

Currently the weather forcast looks like the race will be dry, it says 0% rain chance in Le Castellet for the whole day
Hopefully it stays like this because the car is again extremely tricky in wet conditions

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello, I will be online tonight for some practice if anyone is around to join me

Reactions: Tom

Users who are viewing this thread