Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Err I got in... Help me? They seem scary XD

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
you'll be fine..

just remember that the 4 Academy races are just to see that you can race safely and follow the rules. so don't make any dodgy passes or take any risks. The code80 is where most people (including me) fail. Make sure you can hear the race director on the Teamspeak so you can slow down in time (there's an app somewhere that turns everything down but anyone whispering at you so things like CrewChief wont speak over the Code80 announcement...)

in Teamspeak I think you can right click on the race director guys name and turn his volume up too...

Last edited:

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Can only agree with Yammie. Pace is a secondary thing in the SRCA races. As long as you're not 4 or more seconds slower than the competition (which I doubt with you) it shouldn't be a factor. The main factor is staying out of trouble and do everything the race director says. If you manage that you should get promoted after 1 season easily.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
good luck @Stokemon Iv decided im going to look into the F1 racing series see if its worth entering

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you would like, we can be your crew chief/spotter when you race, be there to remind you of rules, keep you company in your races?

That would be appreciated. I'll also keep everyone up to date with my progress as I go as well :).

First update I'm car #22 for rounds 1 and 2 and car #2 for rounds 3 and 4.

Nowhere near my pc tonight so I don't know which is the 370. I guess 22 is the 370?

good luck @Stokemon Iv decided im going to look into the F1 racing series see if its worth entering

If it's good I may be interested :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That would be appreciated. I'll also keep everyone up to date with my progress as I go as well :).

First update I'm car #22 for rounds 1 and 2 and car #2 for rounds 3 and 4.

Nowhere near my pc tonight so I don't know which is the 370. I guess 22 is the 370?

If it's good I may be interested :)
Iv downloaded the Cars/tracks, it has F2 and F1 cars with loads of tracks(I think more are coming as full F1 calender not in yet). My absolute favourite track is Monaco which i have already done a few laps. Baku is an interesting track aswell.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Update:

In practise for race 1 Silverstone in the 370z I'm running 2.17's on full fuel. Not sure how that matches up to others. One guy on the server was doing 2.14's but the rest similar/slower pace than me.

Race starts on Wednesday 21:00 CET. Which is 20:00 UK time.

Reactions: Tom

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 1 report:

Couldn't have gone better. Qualified 3rd in class. Managed to follow p2 for an hour until I pitted, no issues with the faster cars. After the pit stop I had to do some overtaking where I made some decisive moves to get through quickly. Received a love tap from a faster car in Luffield which then went on to crash after Woodcote (justice). Ended the race where I started 3rd in class :).

Big thanks to @Jamesl91 for spotting for me. And thanks to @Darksi for popping in pre race to check I'm ready. And of course @xImJakeyy for a chat in what was mostly a boring race XD.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 2 report:

Qualified fist in class, felt there was more pace in the car too wasn't an ideal lap.

Then the rift crashed in warmup and I missed the race... Gutted :-(

Thanks to @Jamesl91 again for being happy to be a spotter, despite the job being super easy tonight XD

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 3 report:

Oh my God I won!!!

Quali 6th and mistakenly forgot to put full fuel in so started on quali fuel and had to pit twice. In-between I drove the race of my life.

Thanks for the help again @Jamesl91

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 4:

Little practise for this one but surprised myself to quali 5th. Got overtaken before the start of the race so ended up 6th at the start.

Managed to mess up my Pitstop and miss the pit box (new one for me). So I chose to only stop the once properly and drove like a granny on the tyres to look after them 28% left at the end.

P3 result. Thrilled with the season. P3 (in class), DNS, P1 and P3.

Hopefully I now get my license.

Users who are viewing this thread