Project CARS 2 StanceWorks at the Beach - 14th June - 18:00 UTC (1 Viewer)

Would you rather go with default or custom setups?

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Custom

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Yay P3, quite good for a no-practice session but I wasn't able to gain much time during those 60minutes of racing. Don't know what I would have had to change to gain the last 8 tenths to get in the 1:28 range. Race was quite interesting with @Battenberg at the beginning which made a lot of fun. After he propably crashed (?) the race was a quite lonely race.

The car and track combo was quite nice! Thanks to @Shepard for this event.

UberMongo

Community Member
Reaction score
I was doing so well until I tried to follow the same line as Alex, way to fast and completely stoved it! Great fun though and really intense. Thanks all.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
An ok race from me. I upgraded my system this week, so I'm still tweaking settings. I was getting stuttering in qualifying, so I lost my better starting position by exiting mid-session to do some tweaks (I think shadows in the sunrise were the culprit). The opening phase of the race was great fun trading 3rd place with @Diluvian, but I gradually fell back over the rest of the race. I kept finding new ways to get the final turn wrong, and even hit the inside wall a few times. Here's my video:

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
A good start from the last line brought me to the sixth position, and after the flowerbed was already in the fourth position, but because of the hot guys at the last corner I had to skip the whole field so that no one could interfere. As a result, due to mistakes of others, he took the ninth place. (sorry for my English)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
This event was fantastic fun! Thanks for organising this Shepard! I think you've stumbled across the perfect combination, it's been a long time since I've had that much fun wrestling a car around such a good ciruit, throwing the back out and listening to that glorious noise! Apart from some questionable driving standards from a few drivers (mainly in the first few laps) costing me a potential top 4, it was great battling my way back through the pack from last to eventually finish P7.

WOW, that was amazing fun for me. I think only about 5 cars had bonnets that would close properly at the end of that.

My commentary will be here:
Just watched your video, excellent coverage as always @King-Kodiak. That battle between @Alex Salmon and @Jussi_SMS was incredible! Surely that has to go down as one of the RSR greats! @Alex Salmon, you kept making me smile at 6:30am after the race in bed with how sideways you kept the old 2002, especially your clutch kits around the final corner.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Awesome event Shepard!! Really enjoyed. When can we do it again??

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Fantastic event Shepard, really nice combo this!

Quite an eventful race overall, I think for the first 45 minutes Alex and I were really never more than two, maybe three car lengths apart. Then something happened in the pits and Alex got an insanely quick stop, but being a true gentleman he waited for me to catch up. Unfortunately I squandered that a few laps later by tapping the wall. Congrats to Alex for a well deserved win!
That battle between @Alex Salmon and @Jussi_SMS was incredible! Surely that has to go down as one of the RSR greats!
If I'm completely honest I don't think either of us was really pushing the limit for the majority of that (I know I wasn't when I was in front), when you're right behind someone it's pretty easy to stay there due to the draft and when you're in front it's not too hard to keep people from overtaking due to the nature of city circuits. The only real way to overtake was either a pretty big mistake by the leader or pure intimidation by the follower, and neither of us wanted to push the other's buttons quite that badly, what with the walls in such close proximity. =)

After a couple of laps you kind of end up in a stalemate and wait for someone to make a mistake, which thankfully neither of us really ended up doing. In the end the one to mess up first was me, trying a bit too hard after the pit stops, I think I saw someone ahead of Alex and thought there was a chance for a move, but ended up sailing wide and got ~7-8 damage on my front end, slowing me down nearly a second per lap due to drag. After that it was basically just a question of whether Alex can avoid accidents for the last few laps.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
It was a real pleasure gentlemen!

Being the casual mid-field racer I qualified on P12. I had a silly moment early in the race, but could avoid hitting the tire wall of T1, and dropped back a few places. After several others having some incidents, I managed to slowly crawl up to P8 and had a long ride on my own with nobody to battle with, and with nearly no mistakes.

With like 10 minutes to go I had a bigger crash, when I let P3 (@Diluvian) pass at the end of the S/F straight. I was focusing so hard on not disturbing him going into T1, that I missed my turn-in point and hit the wall... Straight to the pits it was then... P8 was gone :(.

Very close to the end of the race, Diluvian appeared in my mirrors again, and on the exit of T5 I hit the tirewall with the back of the car and it spun me around right in front of him (sorry for scaring you :D ). P12 in the end, and sweaty palms and back.

Loved it!

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I wonder why it's always you @Shepard i see in front of me and then suddenly you do a mistake and i overtake you. It feels like it's the same in every race :D

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this, forgot all about it after qualifying in the Renault esports and practicing for the semis. Apologies for not officially withdrawing prior to the race.

Users who are viewing this thread