Star Citizen (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Big anniversary sale in November. @FlyingKman and myself are going for it. It is still Alpha 2.5 and they are heading by the end of the year to Alpha 3.0. More information about this epic game you can find here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

"Star Citizen is an upcoming space sim video game for Microsoft Windows and Linux. Star Citizen is planned to consist of four main components: first-person space combat, mining, exploration, and trading with first-person shooter elements in a massively multiplayer persistent universe and customizable private servers, and a branching single-player and drop-in co-operative multiplayer campaign titled Squadron 42. The game is built on a modified CryEngine and will support all major VR headsets.

Both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are set in a 30th-century Milky Way centered on the fictional United Empire of Earth (UEE), an analogue of the late Roman Empire. A central theme of the game is citizenship – or lack thereof – in the UEE, which must be earned through player actions such as completing a period of military service. It is anticipated that citizens will enjoy certain in-game benefits, like paying a reduced tax rate, but the exact details are yet to be determined.

A strong focus will be placed on player interaction, with player behavior influencing and being influenced by a dynamic economy system. Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are produced by Chris Roberts' company Cloud Imperium Games, Illfonic and its European counterpart Foundry 42 and marketed under the Cloud Imperium Games subsidiary Roberts Space Industries."

Gameplay footage of Alpha 3.0 here:

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Hype train!!

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
One can only hope that "Star Citizien" will be finished at some point, because I don't think Star Citizen ever will.

B

Blue Monkey

One can only hope that "Star Citizien" will be finished at some point, because I don't think Star Citizen ever will.
An argument most haters use (I don't say youre) - i think it will take at least 2 years until it will be released (2018 for sure), thats what the roadmap indicates

Next post shows the roadmap and some footage from Citizencon

B

Blue Monkey

Alpha 3.0 Gameplay from Gamescom (August 2016) -> Planet V1:

Planet V2 Demonstration from CitizenCon (October 2016):

They said they aim for 2 - 3 month between releases

Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 (hopefully October / November 2016)

Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 (hopefully December 2016)

Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 (~Q1 2017)

Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 (~Q2 2017)

Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 (~Q3 2017)

Star Citizen Alpha 4.0 (~Q4 2017)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawalsky

Community Member
Reaction score
Hype train!!

All aboard!!

I've been following this game ever since it first appeared. I personally believe it's going to be a good game, but I also believe it's going to disappoint a lot of people considering the expectation some have.

Also, I'm waiting for the Squadron 42. Didn't they say it's going to be released by the end of the 16? After I stopped playing ED two years ago I also lost interest in following SC development so I'm really out of the loop.

B

Blue Monkey

[...] Also, I'm waiting for the Squadron 42. Didn't they say it's going to be released by the end of the 16? After I stopped playing ED two years ago I also lost interest in following SC development so I'm really out of the loop.

They won't make it for 2016 - maybe there will be a prerelease version until the end of year. The community and I are not sure about the true status for it. They originally planned to show off a demo at Citizen Con but due too many problems and the fact that they worked at 2 big demos at the same time was the reason that they decided 2 days before the presentation that they wont show it atm.
Postedit: On the official website (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42) it says now 2017

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I'll be down for this lol. I'll get us that $2.5k ship so we can roll in style haha.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is it really that expensive???

Nope. It is a kickstarter project and like that you can support the developer, quite similar like Project Cars. The more you spend the more "advantages" you will get in the beginning. Once the game is released you can buy every ship ingame with the ingame money.

I'll be down for this lol. I'll get us that $2.5k ship so we can roll in style haha.

They are sold out already :D :D :D Aaaaand you need at least 23 crew member to run this ship :D

G

Gopher04

Ok, whats the 3 months insurance for, what happens when it runs out..

Does look go though.

B

Blue Monkey

Originally it wasn't kickstarter but as kickstarter had a bigger audience they run it parallel :D

You can still buy such ship but foremost on the greymarket or at sales.

Also very important to point out: Most ships ingame should not be difficult to get, the ships you buy now are not pay2win.
Also don't forget: Bigger ships are multicrew and require a crew to function - that can be human or also AI (hire or friends).
Even they try to sell as much ships as possible (as a game dev you can't have enough money I guess), they always point out, that you DONT have to buy the ships, only the base game (45$) and that everything above that is for development.
You won't need a ship at the start, you could ie. be hired by an AI crew and earn like that money.

It is also planned that when you finish the Singleplayer (Squadron 42, needs to be bought seperately now) you get a starter ship for free (IIRC).

The insurance is only for the ship as you get it when you buy. Every additional stuff needs to be insured seperately.
When the insurance time you get with the ship you pledged expires, you can keep the insurance, but then have to pay on a regular basis with ingame money. As far as they said that shouldn't be much.
Also there is a money penalty if you want your ship instantly after you lost it. It is longer in time and more amount of money when the ship is bigger. Example: Small fighter craft: 30min, 10'000 UEC - Big cargo ship: 10h, 1'000'000 UEC
Over time the money penalty decreases though, so ie. 1min before it end you would have to pay 100 UEC

They want to avoid that you have to grind & farm for stuff.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I bought cheapest ship long time ago, when arena commander just came out, and I was very suprised with game how good it looks and feels, but it has no sense to do anything there but to wait final release of the game which will be not earyler that 2018, I think. It is too complex game, and I am not sure how all that will be handled when actually people start to play. I'm afraid that that game will "consume" real life of a player and turn it into virtual one 24/7. :)

G

Gopher04

Going by some of the streams going round, they are saying it is being hacked to death already..

B

Blue Monkey

Going by some of the streams going round, they are saying it is being hacked to death already..
There are no anticheat measures as of yet (not counting that pretty much everything runs server side aswell)

Sofar what is known in the community:
- Some people accused some top tier pilots of using lagswitches - there was evidence in form of footage by said pilots for that accusation - the problem was that at that time (and iirc still sometimes in Arena Commander) the netcode wasn't the best - so in the end people couldn't tell if it was a real lagswitch or not.
- With a simple cheatengine you can give yourself ammo etc.

Also to mention is, that up until certain build (idk if it is still possible) you could get it to run in cry engine and modify. There are some cool fanmade videos out there that used assets of Star Citizen in cryengine.

B

Blue Monkey

Upcoming free flight week:
From 10/21/2016 through 10/31/2016 anyone with an account on https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist can fly the F7C-M Super Hornet with no purchase necessary. Source: YouTube

So if you're interested you have somewhere until 31st of October 2016 the free (no purchase required) possibility to test out Star Citizen. The only thing you have to do, register on https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist.

When you enlist there is the possibility to enter a "REFERRAL CODE" (Optional). If you have received a code from another player, enter it here and you will immediately receive 5,000 UEC.

If you want (self advertising) you can use mine:
STAR-GQ5G-GX9D

Or you can use a randomized code from reddit:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Upcoming free flight week:

So if you're interested you have somewhere until 31st of October 2016 the free (no purchase required) possibility to test out Star Citizen. The only thing you have to do, register on https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist.

When you enlist there is the possibility to enter a "REFERRAL CODE" (Optional). If you have received a code from another player, enter it here and you will immediately receive 5,000 UEC.

If you want (self advertising) you can use mine:
STAR-GQ5G-GX9D

Or you can use a randomized code from reddit:

You all heard the monkey, if anyone is interested to test out Star Citizien it is now the best opportuniy.

Blue Monkey Referral Code: STAR-GQ5G-GX9D
t0daY Referral Code: STAR-X5W4-6QNJ

@FlyingKman and myself will try to jam tomorrow evening a little bit, feel free to join us. Remember to start early to download, cause those are 30gb :D

@Members @Moderators @Admins

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is it a one off payment for this or is it like iracing..

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I will join you guys tonight if I can get away from work early enough. Downloaded this on Mondau but have no idea what I'm doing yet.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is it a one off payment for this or is it like iracing..

For the 10 days it is now completly free to test. To get involved you have to buy a game package on their website, once you got a ship and the game you got everything you need. No monthly payments are planned for SC :)

And do not be afraid of the expensive ships, it just the way of spending money to the kickstarter project Star Citizien. Once the game is released you can buy every ship ingame with ingame money :)

I will join you guys tonight if I can get away from work early enough. Downloaded this on Mondau but have no idea what I'm doing yet.

Give me a shout out tonight :)

Users who are viewing this thread