Star Wars Squadrons (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm just downloading now, anybody played it and have any opinions or experiences to share

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not yet, but I am tempted to buy it!

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
let me (us) know your feedback on the game.
Does it worth it?
Is it mouse and keyboard and/or hotas type of game?
Is it compatible with triple screens?
How is the physics of the ships?
Is it skirmish arena only or do you roam all over the universe? in other words,; Is it a sandbox or a scripted story?
all other details you can give:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have Hotas and Vr, not sure when I’ll get to play, might be tomorrow now. Fired it up last night and it’s scripted to begin with, got to the point of starting first mission but Hotas wasn’t working. It defaults to keyboard and mouse controls, sadly I didn’t have enough time to sort it out last night so I had to leave it. Single 2560x1080 monitor visually very nice in cinematic cut scenes

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I was letting the tumbleweed roll on that one @FuBii , an absolute shocker.

Game update, it looks good in VR (really handy option to toggle between VR and screen when you want to play around with settings), flies nicely haven't encountered any bugs yet.....part of my problem is the large number of different controls to map, my Thrustmaster T16000m setup has lots of buttons, but do you think I can remember how I mapped everything. I might have to label stuff, then fly non-vr pancake mode until I've learned all of the controls.

There is another problem, I've realised I can't fly for shit. Even on the easiest settings I couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces, which is a problem when lasers run out of power after a few shots. When I'm in a dogfight my sense of direction is woeful, I keep forgetting to use the HUD to figure out where the enemy went. I'm also really good at accidently flying into static objects and dying in a ball of flame. In short my Star Wars Pilot name should Born2DieQuickly.

I'm still going to enjoy it, because I'm flying an X-Wing in VR FFS....I mean c'mon anyone who is a star wars fan has got to appreciate how cool that is.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Does it support 32:9?

Users who are viewing this thread