[How To] Streaming with OBS (1 Viewer)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Manu went through the settings yesterday and the bitrate was too low, so hopefully that will solve the problem. Regarding the audio, well the gain control in the properties was at 88, so have put that to 100 and see if it makes the difference.

@ramiboo i'm not sure whether there are any settings in Final Cut that I should be looking at though, i've had a look around and couldn't really find anything.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any chance you know how much impact a wireless connection has on streaming. Been troubleshooting for well over 2 hours to get my 5-7% frames dropped down to under 1%.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Any chance you know how much impact a wireless connection has on streaming. Been troubleshooting for well over 2 hours to get my 5-7% frames dropped down to under 1%.
Sorry, but my personal fix would be a long Cat5e/6 cable.....

Wireless is far too susceptible to interference and even when you get to the point it's running it will only take someone with a phone to walk past and disrupt your connection latency and performance. One of the reasons we try to tell people to race with a wired connection if at all possible because it one of the main reason for lag during races. :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry, but my personal fix would be a long Cat5e/6 cable.....

Wireless is far too susceptible to interference and even when you get to the point it's running it will only take someone with a phone to walk past and disrupt your connection latency and performance. One of the reasons we try to tell people to race with a wired connection if at all possible because it one of the main reason for lag during races. :D

The downloading isn't affected at all at this point. It's the uploading where the issue is.

A powerline kit might be a good alternative to a long ass cable. Im trying one out at the moment, I was getting fed up of getting tripped up.

Might have to look into that, how are you liking it?

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
The downloading isn't affected at all at this point. It's the uploading where the issue is.
It is probably more likely just the general bandwidth and latency between your PC and the router causing issues rather than specifically a speed problem.

Might have to look into that, how are you liking it?

I use powerline too, as a cheap way to get an ethernet port around the house they are great and give you 90% of the benefit of a wired connection without actually doing any wiring.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
manu any chance you could give me a quick simple terms guide to getting obs to record team speak as i dont have ts through my speakers its through a headset....
my game sound is my surround sound
ts comes through my mic headset
how do i get them both to record/stream i cant get both for some reason...
any help please thank you...

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
manu any chance you could give me a quick simple terms guide to getting obs to record team speak as i dont have ts through my speakers its through a headset....
my game sound is my surround sound
ts comes through my mic headset
how do i get them both to record/stream i cant get both for some reason...
any help please thank you...
If you go into settings > audio, you will find that it says desktop audio device and then below it is desktop audio device 2, which should be disabled. If you enable that, it should work.

https://gyazo.com/cf80a2d53e0fc9d978ba9ec2296fd7e4

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm after some advice for recording with the rift,I used OBS until an update now it won't record.what is the best recording software for the rift.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm after some advice for recording with the rift,I used OBS until an update now it won't record.what is the best recording software for the rift.
I believe that @MelBonkers would be the best person to get advice from.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I believe that @MelBonkers would be the best person to get advice from.

@steveg200 , I use Action! from Mirillis. I use it for streaming and recording and I think it's the best and easiest to use software solution. I can help you with any questions!

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@steveg200 , I use Action! from Mirillis. I use it for streaming and recording and I think it's the best and easiest to use software solution. I can help you with any questions!

Thanks @MelBonkers your a star,just bought Action and it works great,easy to set up and use.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @MelBonkers your a star,just bought Action and it works great,easy to set up and use.
Just the other day my friend @Nevil told me he read an article about some professional YT/video makers and they said they used Action! Mirillis for their recording/streaming. So it's gotta be a good thing ;-).

And the Action! license is really affordable.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Can anybody advise on how to implement stuff from kapps into a stream using OBS?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
OBS is recording the whole triple screen image, how do I set it to make it just record the centre screen?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OBS is recording the whole triple screen image, how do I set it to make it just record the centre screen?

Are you using Surround from nvidia?

Users who are viewing this thread