T3PA loadcell upgrade DIY guide (1 Viewer)

Marcin P

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to say thanks for the post regarding DIY load cell. I had been talking to a good friend of mine about my driving and suggested going for a load cell setup with my T3PA pro pedals. And he also sent me this link which I used to find and purchase the parts for my DIY setup.
I wont say I didn't have any issues but that was due to getting the pedals apart and there was no plug on the circuit board for the pro pedals. I also had to make my own bracket to hold the load cell but it's all fitted working well and very happy with the results.
Hi, did you use leo bodnar amp? Can you tell me where to put the potentiometer, so I can set the correct value of breaking?

Christekke

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Great guide! Anyone able to help me? Never done anything with circuit boards. I think the board from the pedals runs at 3.3 V. Do i need to buy a load cell that goes to a maximum of 3.3V or does any amount of voltage work? Dont want it to break/crash.

Would love to make a spring / rubberdamper with a lot of travel like on the Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals or on the Fanatecs. I got the Ricmomod right now (bought used T3PA's and ricmo was installed) and i dont really like them. Because there is near to no travel in the pedal.

Anyone got an idea how i can copy the High end pedals without breaking the bank?

Attachments

• frontpage-placeholder-v2_ULT_22052017.png
    frontpage-placeholder-v2_ULT_22052017.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,052

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
unless your confidant & capable in sourcing materials, machinery/tooling, CAD & assembly, you're always gonna be cheaper & faster just buying off the shelf bud.
Saying that, everyone certainly has the time to kill to diy..

CRMS

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm doing this mod. I bought the Bodnar LCAMP, input could be 2 mv/V as spec just has 1mV/V .. 3mV/V, and a 20kg YZC-133 load cell, output 1mv/V. Just connected up loadcell at 5v from USB and hung weights off it up to 25kg. Zero load is 112mv out from Bodnar, and linear output up to 3528 mv at 25.3kg. Not sure what I should expect as Bodnar data indicates 0 - 4.9v output. Any ideas would be appreciated???

Bodnar LCAMP specs:
Supply voltage (to +5V pin): 5V ± 20%
Output range (on OUT pin): 0 .. 4.9V
Input range (on +IN/-IN terminals): 0 .. +10mV (uni-directional version), -10mV .. +10mV (bi-directional version)
Specified load cell output: 1mV/V .. 3mV/V
Specified load cell excitation voltage: 5V or higher*

YZC-133 specs:
  1. Rated Load: 20Kg
  2. Rated Output: 1.0 ±0.15mV/V
  3. Zero Output: ±0.1mV/V
  4. Cree: 0.03%F.S./30min
  5. Input End: Red+, Black-
  6. Output End: Green+, White-
  7. Input Impedance: 1115±10% Ω
1588422052390.png

Hundani

Community Member
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm/deny, that it can work with XBOX? Thx for the guide anyways.:)

macmonty

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello, someone who has the LeoBodnar board can give me the data of the integrated circuit it has, or a photo where the letters are seen. My board has burned and I can't see it so I can buy a substitute. Thank you

amro_1230

Community Member
Reaction score
hello, I went over the post about the load cell u make for thrusmater and i have some questions to clarify some stuff.
Will the amplifier that comes with the loadcell work or I have to buy a separate one?
Did u unplug the cable that goes from the brake to the board in Thrustmaster, then connected the load cell to the amplifier then to the board in thrumaster so that the load cell will be the one that is taking the readings of how much u push?
Thanks in advance.

Maxilogan

Community Member
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm/deny, that it can work with XBOX? Thx for the guide anyways.:)
Hi there, I finally had the chance to complete my installation and test it. Previously, I just tested it on PC's Assetto Corsa so I couldn't tell about whether it worked on the XBOX. However, I now tested also on the XBOX One S and F1 2019, and it definitely works without any problem if connected through the servo base (which is what you're doing as well if you play on console). No need to invert the load cell's signal like I read about the PS4: 0V or so equals to no brake force, which increases as the tension gets close to 3,3V

Last edited:

ROVolvo

Community Member
Reaction score
Just ordered all of the parts for this project. I have T3PA PROs and I am aware that the brackets are different but hopefully I can rig something together.

ROVolvo

Community Member
Reaction score
Started the project today on the T3PA-PROs. I used the stock bracket and installed it with 2 M5 screws in the way you can see in the picture. Still waiting for the LC AMP and the rubber bumper but it should be all ready to go very soon.

Attachments

• IMG-2295.JPG
    IMG-2295.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,069
  • IMG-2296.jpg
    IMG-2296.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,081

ROVolvo

Community Member
Reaction score
I have finished the project and I am very happy with the outcome. The Leo Bodnar board is great and is literally just plug and play. The only thing i have noticed is that the load cell with my mounting method got a little loose so I tried covering the threads with PTFE tape. If this doesn't work too well I will use thread locker and report back.

Attachments

• IMG-2297.jpg
    IMG-2297.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • IMG-2298.jpg
    IMG-2298.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG-2299.jpg
    IMG-2299.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMG-2300.jpg
    IMG-2300.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,171

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the pics, @ROVolvo ! I am preparing this mod for my T3PA Pros, so they're very helpful. :)

Robertzh21

Community Member
Reaction score
I cant buy Leo Bodnar LC AMP, What its the alternative? I dont found it other LC AMP what do the same that Leo bodnar. Im from Spain, and Leo Bodnar now cant do enable airmail because Brexit. I need help. Thanks.

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I cant buy Leo Bodnar LC AMP, What its the alternative? I dont found it other LC AMP what do the same that Leo bodnar. Im from Spain, and Leo Bodnar now cant do enable airmail because Brexit. I need help. Thanks.

What is the consequence of not enabling airmail? can't it be delivered other means?
Will it help if I buy it for you then ship it? I'm in France

Robertzh21

Community Member
Reaction score
What is the consequence of not enabling airmail? can't it be delivered other means?
Will it help if I buy it for you then ship it? I'm in France
It cannot be sent by airmail, if doesn´t have a mail by road cant buy. Now I trying to make the mod with Arduino Pro micro and HX711, if it doesn't work i will send a message for you. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Def

PYLO23

Community Member
Reaction score
I´m thinking of building that load cell for my t3pa pro pedals.

Where can I get that M4 rubbers... The link is no longer available.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread