TeamSpeak push to talk (1 Viewer)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
If the car doesn't have kers or drs, I have a button available on my wheel for 'push to talk'.
Tried this yesterday but saw or heard no notification that mic was enabled/disabled
  • should I see/hear a notification?
  • do I have to keep the button pressed in to speak or is it an on/off button? Click on/ click off?
  • do I also have to assign a button in pcars2 or change a setting?
Many thanks in advance.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
  1. You can enable a notification sound in the TS settings somewhere.
  2. You have to push it while talking.
  3. You might have to use the custom wheel profile in pCARS, as some buttons are hardcoded to special in-game functions (like menu and sub-menu navigation), and won't be recognized outside the game.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
to make life easier, i always use the same button for PTT so for every game, that specific button is not configured with anything. certainly something id recommend.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
to make life easier, i always use the same button for PTT so for every game, that specific button is not configured with anything. certainly something id recommend.
Well I'm in VR so... but on the other hand, I do not game except for racing ;)
These are the only buttons on my wheel I can reach for without errors wearing my VR headset.
Top for pitting
Left for centering VR view
Right for TS (was kers/drs)
Bottom for change camera view... since I didn't have that button and panicked after being disconnected...viewing the race as spectator, joined 2nd race...with camera on bumper...

Think I will change assignment, keep right for drs/kers, bottom for TS.. and look for a different option for camera view change.

Hope TS PTT will work right away in PCARS by selecting that option in TS?

No idea where the TS handout went, but can't find it in the forum anymore.

Post automatically merged:

Found it

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Instead of using ptt you could map the button to mute/unmute your mic. That way it doesnt have to be super easy to reach and it makes driving and talking easier. On top of that I have voice activation so the mic is not completely open all the time.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I use Push to talk, and mapped to the wheel. I also use the option to keep the mic open for 3 secs afterwards, so I can get my hands back to where they are supposed to be and still say thank you

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
if you have your keyboard handy, move the centre VR & change view to that..

or you could put the centre VR on the playstation button and change view on the spacebar..

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
G29 does have more buttons than 4, doesn't it? :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I assigned a button for 'push to talk'. Doing fine in game during quali or race... but when back in the pit or in any menu, the button seems to be assigned to the menu. So I can't speak during briefing or between races, afraid to kick myself out of the session by activating a menu button.
Any clue how to disable this so my wheel button is only mapped to TS push to talk?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@The Breeze Have you tried a custom wheel setup instead of the G29 preset?

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
@The Breeze Have you tried a custom wheel setup instead of the G29 preset?
Hi Shepard, thanks for the reply.
I have custom settings in game (so not raw, informative, etc.), but perhaps you are referring to the Logitech Gaming Software?

LINK

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
No I mean in the controller setup menu, you can choose a unique preset for any wheel officially supported by the game, but you can also setup a "Custom Profile", that maybe gets you rid of the hardcoded button mappings.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi Shepard, thanks for the reply.
I have custom settings in game (so not raw, informative, etc.), but perhaps you are referring to the Logitech Gaming Software?

LINK
in 99% of games you can customise the button mapping for example i always use the same buttons for the same thing across all my racing games. PTT is set in teamspeak to be my L3 button on my Logitech G29. this means in the games its a button that is not assigned to anything leaving it free for PTT

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I assigned a button for 'push to talk'. Doing fine in game during quali or race... but when back in the pit or in any menu, the button seems to be assigned to the menu. So I can't speak during briefing or between races, afraid to kick myself out of the session by activating a menu button.
Any clue how to disable this so my wheel button is only mapped to TS push to talk?
I had this exact same issue with my button mapping but it can indeed be changed in the settings menu within the game.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had this exact same issue with my button mapping but it can indeed be changed in the settings menu within the game.
I will get this fixed for next season :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread