The Coronavirus / Covid 19 Thread (1 Viewer)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think it will be around for the next year or so until a vaccine or better treatment arrives. We will have to live with it until then. Something doesn't sit right with me though, in the way certain governments around the world are handling it. Or indeed, how the media portray it. Either way, it seems like it is here to stay for now and we will probably go through periods of local lock downs here in the UK. Not much has changed for me really, it's not like I was in the pub every weekend or always out shopping. I think some sectors of the economy have been damaged beyond repair for the next few years, such as travel and tourism. I have a keen interest in aviation and things are getting worse day by day.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I think it will be around for the next year or so until a vaccine or better treatment arrives. We will have to live with it until then. Something doesn't sit right with me though, in the way certain governments around the world are handling it. Or indeed, how the media portray it. Either way, it seems like it is here to stay for now and we will probably go through periods of local lock downs here in the UK. Not much has changed for me really, it's not like I was in the pub every weekend or always out shopping. I think some sectors of the economy have been damaged beyond repair for the next few years, such as travel and tourism. I have a keen interest in aviation and things are getting worse day by day.
Agreed, I share the same keen in aviation : the pandemic left Embraer without investors as Boeing ran out of money, hopefully they will survive the crisis. Here the regional airline Hop! Is closing its main routes to save Air France and the government decided to ban flights that can be done in less than 2h30 by train.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea, it is massively changing. I noticed that AF have been sending the smaller Hop! E90 fleet to the UK a lot recently, probably due to low load factors. I work in automation and deal with Airbus here in the UK and they have taken a big hit with job losses. Hopefully the backlog in the order book will keep them going until new orders come back in 18-24 months.

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
It has hit me hard, as and independent working on insurance, finances adviser on investmetn funds and car seller, everything went down. I had saved some money but times are hard right now. I hope some more fun nights on PC2 and AMS2 that are the only playebale games on controller.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So just wanted to share something hilariously dumb.

In Belgium there is a politician who says we should put an ankle bracelet on everybody who has tested positive on Covid-19.

Welcome to Belgium...

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So just wanted to share something hilariously dumb.

In Belgium there is a politician who says we should put an ankle bracelet on everybody who has tested positive on Covid-19.

Welcome to Belgium...
So that's why you had that weird bracelet last time @Taorminator ! :p
Jokes aside, ankle bracelets should be kept for criminals in conditionnal liberty, not people suffering from Covid-19

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So that's why you had that weird bracelet last time @Taorminator ! :p
Jokes aside, ankle bracelets should be kept for criminals in conditionnal liberty, not people suffering from Covid-19
Yes of course it is for covid... I mean why would I wear a bracelet, it's not like I have problem with justice or anything... nevermind, discard what I just said ;)

Joke aside another "idea" from a belgian politician to fight the covid AND unemployement was to enroll (with all kind of administrative pressure) unemployed people into "accelerated nurse trainings" to counter the lack of health care personel (which the same politician defunded, that's why we lack personel in first place today)... so yeah I don't see why it wouldn't go wrong...

"Hi I'm Albert, I used to be a plumber so now I'm here to proceed with your anal probing"

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yes of course it is for covid... I mean why would I wear a bracelet, it's not like I have problem with justice or anything... nevermind, discard what I just said ;)

Joke aside another "idea" from a belgian politician to fight the covid AND unemployement was to enroll (with all kind of administrative pressure) unemployed people into "accelerated nurse trainings" to counter the lack of health care personel (which the same politician defunded, that's why we lack personel in first place today)... so yeah I don't see why it wouldn't go wrong...

"Hi I'm Albert, I used to be a plumber so now I'm here to proceed with your anal probing"
We live in a joke.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
- "it's just a small operation don't worry"

*Heavy rattling noises*

john.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread