The Coronavirus / Covid 19 Thread (2 Viewers)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1584802143138.png

Feel free to delete if you think it's too harsh but I admit it made me laugh.

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
If things get really bad and you have to resort to cannibalism, rememner - vegans first. They are grass fed.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So unfortunately my other half appears to have caught 'the Covi' (what the GP on 111 called it). She seems to be on the mend now after a really awful fever and a splitting headache that lasted 48 hours. (It's worth noting that you only get tested in hospital here right now so it isn't confirmed)

Now she's on the mend I feel happier to post, this is day 3 of the 14 day quarantine and I'll be honest though I wouldn't normally go out on a Sunday. It feels extremely restricting not being allowed to go out. Quite unusual.

As we only recently moved here we don't have many friends that we know we can rely on. I have managed to recruit an ex colleague (she changed jobs on Thursday) who lives round the corner to do our food shop for us. Hopefully she only has to do this once or twice as I'm terrified of annoying her and then being stuck without an essential.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Due to a tendency to delay/cancel big events during covid19 pandemic there are really bad news for me and my employers: Farnborough Air Show is cancelled this year, and we had some key clients at this show with big exhibition spaces of my design. Normally Paris Air Show and Farnborough Air Show are the events giving me income for the whole May-August period.
Furthermore, all events where my projects were to be constructed beginning from February are postponed till late September meaning that my last salary was in February and the next will be I really don't know when :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ It's easy to lose sight of the devastating impact the virus is having on some people's lives. Here, I'm just grumpy at the lack of stuff in the local supermarkets and the closure of the nearby pub/restaurant (though they are delivering food and beer, the absolute legends!). I'm extremely lucky, in some regards, that I'm in the situation I'm in because if I was still back in my "old life", this virus would have destroyed my business and left me with next to zero income.

If I weren't up to my neck in my own problems here (mother's Alzheimer's condition really has taken a nose-dive and, as a result, I'm finding myself increasingly worried about my father's wellbeing aswell) then I'd be out there helping others as far as possible. It's frustrating when you know you are in a position to help but by virtue of how you got into that position, you're unable to help.

As mentioned earlier, my heart goes out to all of you here that have been directly affected by this virus and wish you all well through whatever time it takes for this to clear and that we can all return to some semblance of normality as quickly as possible. In the meantime, look after yourselves and, if safe to do so, look after your loved ones.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great. Now the UK population is grounded. Our parents (the government) have grown tired of our silly behaviour and grounded us for the next 3 weeks to teach us a lesson. It seemed the gentle prodding wasn't enough, they actually needed to shout "stop being monumental cockwombles or we'll ground you" but they didn't and so here we are.

We're allowed out for essential food and medical shopping. I think I might have to stick a knife in all 4 of my father's car tyres so that I have to use the Jag to do that shopping. Oh dear, there isn't much luggage room father, you'll have to stay at home whilst I do the shopping :D

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well with that news im now off work for 24hrs until my company decide what to do next

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
We're not grounded, sadly. But at least groups of more than 2 people are forbidden unless they're family and / or household members.
Also all restaurants, bars, cafés and so on are closed.
Still, I wish they would impose a complete lockdown with a significant fine for those who are breaking the curfew without a good reason (getting groceries, seeing a doctor etc.)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Wuhan is lifting some of it's restrictions. This will be a litmus test for us all, if it explodes again over there I fear the lockdown will continue until a robust medical solution is found. I have a sister who was already strugging mentally, supported by my diabetic mother who lives alone, as well as elderly relatives on my wife's side who will need support. I wish I could move everybody into one apartment block and keep an eye on them all together. How did i become the responsible one? I'm a clown ffs!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea, I think this is when we will really know the scale of the issue. It will take 4-6 weeks before cases could reemerge. Lets hope for a positive outcome. Sorry to hear about your family @Born2BSlow I hope they can all cope. I'm facing a huge mental health challenge myself. Good luck.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here, things are going to get VERY stressed (it's bad enough already). Father has lost all of his outlets for stress relief - gardening at the local National Trust house, bell-ringing (no, I don't see the fascination but for him it's more about "getting out and meeting people"), gym, local garden society etc etc. Now he's stuck at home and our only visitors that provided much-needed company for mother are now also having to stay at home. As such, we're stuck here with somebody that is agitated because she doesn't understand why we're agitated ourselves.

Because of father's age and long-standing cough - putting him very much in the "you're fucked if you get this" - I do seriously have to do the shopping, so that's his only other "outside world" opportunity gone. For 3 weeks at the very least.

With the latest lockdown we're also not sure if the local pub will be allowed to continue cooking take-out meals for local residents. We're going to try and contact them today, as it would be a massive blow to the community if they were forced to close permanently. The food is outstanding but, more importantly, the people running the place are really warm, friendly and understand the area and what it needs. They are far from alone in worrying about their future so I will finish this latest diatribe with my usual best wishes to everybody out there.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So work has gone from a large secondary school/sixth form college with over 800 students, to day care for 20 or 30 children of key workers. The staff are on a rota now, so now I'm only working on Mondays. I'm very lucky that my wages shouldn't be affected, and that I can't do much work from home as most of my 'downtime' work is maintenance. So looks like I'm going to be doing some of those training courses in the meantime.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Just got notification my contract has been COVID19'd, last day next wednesday although they're paying me until the 8th...

Some remote working opportunities around, hopefully the government will step up and pay 80% to contractors like me, considering only a couple of weeks ago they were adamaant we should be treated the same for tax purposes as employees.

I'd take 80% over nothing, but I'd rather be working. I'm going to get in trouble at home if I get bored :rolleyes:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
The earliest footage of chase cam has been discovered...

1CC11FE9-9901-4FB1-B7A7-7BA1B5EDB02E.jpeg

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
well thats me off work for 3 weeks.. weather I'll be paid or not is another question but should know within the coming days, also may have to go back earlier as Denso isnt sure if the company is classed as critical as we make Engine power ( Generators ) for hospitals. deep joy!:(

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Pop Quiz, name the TV Shows/Films
quiz1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread