The Coronavirus / Covid 19 Thread (2 Viewers)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in more serious matters, our Prime Minister has been taken to intensive care this evening :( . I can't say I am any admirer of the man but I don't wish ill upon anybody so I hope he pulls through.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

:eek::eek::eek: I knew it :eggface::eggface::eggface:
Wow... that's a whole new level of stupidity. :banghead:

Meanwhile, in more serious matters, our Prime Minister has been taken to intensive care this evening :( . I can't say I am any admirer of the man but I don't wish ill upon anybody so I hope he pulls through.

I'm not a fan of him or his politics either, but I still hope he will get well soon.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I use twitter regularly and you'd be shocked just how many people wish him death... people are becoming animal-like.
Politics often brings out the very worst in some people :(

Anyhoo, that's a whole other discussion and one for another day!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Twitter is literally the cesspool of the internet, especially at times like these.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

well.... shit.
Saying that, gotta feel it for you english lot, go back to work, but don't. go out, please don't...
1589286164322.png

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As I said to some friends in Whatsapp, after his great Sunday announcement ...

Boris the Procrastinator said:
I am pleased to announce that I am now in a position to state that the conditions are almost right for me to announce that if things continue to improve then I will be in the position to hopefully make an announcement later. But I stress, this is only if the conditions are met.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And the comparisons that are being made between Boris and Churchill are laughable. You didn't hear Churchill say

"I am broadcasting this message to our great nation to announce that the conditions are not quite right for me to make an announcement regarding something to do with beaches and the fighting on them thereof. I am hopeful that, in due course and with more data, I will be in the position to make an announcement. In the meantime, I trust Mr Hitler to stay where he is and to do the right thing."
Post automatically merged:

Oh and we just had a visit from the local council, doing the rounds on local residents who are on the government's "at risk" list.

Wait. What?

Apparently, my father is on the at risk list and they were checking he was OK and whether he needed any additional support. Yes, you can give us the letter that identifies him as at risk so that we can wave it at the supermarkets so that we can start getting home deliveries. Oh and you can maybe try and find out why it's taken nearly 8 weeks for us to learn that he is on the list. 8 weeks during which we could have taken even more precautions and maybe, you know, not go out shopping because nobody told us we shouldn't.

No, not stressful here at all, as we can't contact the council until tomorrow to find out exactly what the deal is. No, we're not going to have a sleepless night at all.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I feel the need to offer an explanation and apology for my lack off preparation and part attendance of Revolution Cup #10. Firstly apologies to my teammate @daniel v for not really putting in as much effort as I should have, and secondly apologies to the admins here who put in so much effort to provide the platform for us to race without having to suffer the horror show of open lobbies.

I signed up at a time when I was sat twiddling my thumbs having been covid-19’d from work. Since 1st June I having been working stupid hours and weekends as FC for a company who have a huge Covid-19 response order for full face visor supplies to the NHS. To explain the journey we’ve been on, our weekly deliveries have gone from zero to almost 3 million in 6 weeks. I’m very proud to be involved in something so worthwhile, but it has unfortunately meant I’m either too tired or busy working to practice.

You can check out what we’re producing here: www.ramfoamprotect.com

8704946B-6B86-4A8D-A68C-49E5ECE20E48.jpeg

I hope life returns to normal for everyone soon, and wish everyone here good health. Hopefully see you all on track again soon.

Simon

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I feel the need to offer an explanation and apology for my lack off preparation and part attendance of Revolution Cup #10. Firstly apologies to my teammate @daniel v for not really putting in as much effort as I should have, and secondly apologies to the admins here who put in so much effort to provide the platform for us to race without having to suffer the horror show of open lobbies.

I signed up at a time when I was sat twiddling my thumbs having been covid-19’d from work. Since 1st June I having been working stupid hours and weekends as FC for a company who have a huge Covid-19 response order for full face visor supplies to the NHS. To explain the journey we’ve been on, our weekly deliveries have gone from zero to almost 3 million in 6 weeks. I’m very proud to be involved in something so worthwhile, but it has unfortunately meant I’m either too tired or busy working to practice.

.View attachment 9278

I hope life returns to normal for everyone soon, and wish everyone here good health. Hopefully see you all on track again soon.

Simon
Nice!
But mate, for a proper Marketing Picture, that man needs to make a happier face :hilarious:
Like Good-Guy-Toto here

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score

.View attachment 9278

Simon
Dont worry mate! I know about it it was fun racing with you when we could i hope work and family are doing ok.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice!
But mate, for a proper Marketing Picture, that man needs to make a happier face :hilarious:
Like Good-Guy-Toto here

Sorry it had been a long day, I’m not very photogenic :oops:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Things appear to be *slowly* returning to normal around the world..
How is everyone feeling about this?
Eager to get back to work, happy to get out the house, meet friends etc?

I know for me personally, I'm looking at the start of September as my initial return to work but depending on the situation & my health concerns they could keep me on furlough till the government no longer supports it.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Tell me about it.
I'm used to being the first to get stuck in & usually the last to leave... but during this pandemic I was one of the first to lose my shifts & it's liking more likely that I'll be one of the last to return.
I know that the event industry has suffered catastrophically.. to the point where a lot are now questioning if, not when, it will recover.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...yFP8Gla4NzY5WOWwxFa6_RAptKWoX0bj0MvWxYRICOx88

This, to me, is using people as guinea pigs for a science experiment.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With it being winter, we haven't had any deviation from the exponential growth rate and our numbers are steadily climbing. Top 5 now. At least our mortality rate is realitivily low. It is still very much a part of our lives and daily considerations.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Things appear to be *slowly* returning to normal around the world..
How is everyone feeling about this?
Eager to get back to work, happy to get out the house, meet friends etc?

I know for me personally, I'm looking at the start of September as my initial return to work but depending on the situation & my health concerns they could keep me on furlough till the government no longer supports it.
Exited, I was gutted to be at the wrong place at the wrong time : I had finally left the French post to work in design but the pandemic left me unemployed, good thing I'm always saving money, just in case ! With the employment stagnating atm, I decided to go for a sandwich course in Home Design (you never stop learning !) which is supposedly starting in September, but could be scheduled for November if the 2nd wave of the pandemic hits.

Users who are viewing this thread