Assetto Corsa Competizione | The Sim Grid | Endurance Cup S3 - Sign up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The Sim Grid Endurance Cup returns for season 3!

Season 2 of The Sim Grid Endurance Cup was thrilling from start to finish with the championship going all the way down to the wire at the final race, the 8h of Silverstone. We expect season 3 to be no different, and with some significant format and rule changes, it should be even closer than ever before!

Firstly, teams must now have 3 drivers compared to the 2-4 driver team sizes allowed in season 2. Secondly, rounds 1, 3 and 5 in this championship will be 3h rounds (compared to the 4h used in season 2) with rounds 2 and 4 being 6h and 9h respectively.

There will be up to 4 splits available in the championship. Each of the splits has availability for a maximum of 45 cars. With each car featuring 3 drivers, this means that The Sim Grid Endurance Cup will have 540 drivers racing at each round!

Official Event Info: Website, Discord Channel

Dates:
Monday, 12th April 2021
07:00 UTC - Qualifying Server Opens
Sunday, 18th April 2021
20:00 UTC - Qualifying Server Closes

Saturday, 1st May 2021 - 3H of Hungaroring
Saturday, 29th May 2021 - 6H of Monza
Saturday, 12th June 2021 - 3H of Laguna Seca
Saturday, 3rd July 2021 - 9H of Paul Ricard
Saturday, 24th July 2021 - 3H of Misano

Event Timetable:
Practice - 10:00 UTC
Drivers Briefing - 10:20 UTC
Qualifying - 10:30 UTC
Race - 11:00 UTC

General Details
Car Classes:GT3
Max Entries:45 per Split
Drivers per Team:3
Maximum Stint Time:65min
Maximum Total Driving Time:Depending on race length: 65min / 195min / 260min
Race Duration3/6/9 hours
Race Tyre Setsno restrictions
Live Stewarding:Yes

Championship Qualification Details
The qualification process uses a fixed car and track combination to create parity and ensure that no team qualifies on the basis of a car having BoP advantages at the selected track. The qualification process for The Sim Grid Endurance Cup season 3 is the Lexus at Nurburgring.

All 3 drivers on the team must set a minimum of 20 valid laps on the qualification server. There is no maximum number of laps a driver can set. The best 25% of a drivers laps are then averaged and the time for each driver is combined to get a team average lap time which is used to sort the teams.

Entry Fee
None

Server
Lobby: The Sim Grid | Endurance Cup S3 | Qualification Server
Password: iamspeed

Interested Drivers
@benimi @MelBonkers @Def @StubbornGymnast @FlyAxL

Registered teams
RSR Academy Orange - @benimi @MelBonkers @FlyAxL

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interested as well! Would love to team up with @benimi and @FlyAxL

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a quick note: there is a setup for the Lexus at Nürburgring in the RSR resources

Let me know if you need further setup help for the qualy :)

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just a quick note: there is a setup for the Lexus at Nürburgring in the RSR resources

Let me know if you need further setup help for the qualy :)
Thanks for offering help. So here is my issue:
When i throttle in, to exit a corner, the car loose traction/grip to the rear and this cost me time.
Should i be very gentle on the throttle or is there a way to have this behaviour erradicted without making the car slower?

I ve tried to put ride height to the bottom, and lowered the wing to compensate the aero profile. i did help a bit but not much.
I also tried to stiffer the rear suspension (as this is what i did in my setup to counter it) but it didn't change much.

Motec file doesn't exist anymore so i cannot really check what i am doing wrong

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm guessing the setup might be pre-1.6, so try running with one click extra rear wing as a first go?

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for offering help. So here is my issue:
When i throttle in, to exit a corner, the car loose traction/grip to the rear and this cost me time.
Should i be very gentle on the throttle or is there a way to have this behaviour erradicted without making the car slower?

I ve tried to put ride height to the bottom, and lowered the wing to compensate the aero profile. i did help a bit but not much.
I also tried to stiffer the rear suspension (as this is what i did in my setup to counter it) but it didn't change much.

Motec file doesn't exist anymore so i cannot really check what i am doing wrong
You have couple of setup change choices, but first think about in which type of corners are you loosing the rear, slow or fast corners?

Slow corners:
  • increase the TC one or two clicks
  • softer rear springs
  • softer rear ARB
  • bigger rear bumpstop range
  • less negative rear camber (e.g. from -3deg to -2,8deg)
  • softer rear bumpstop (alters the car behaviour only if you touch the rear bumpstops while accelerating)
  • play with rear bump damping (there is not really a general rule to follow, try higher and lower settings)
Fast corners:
  • all advices from the slow corners
  • lower rear ride height
  • higher rear wing
I'm guessing the setup might be pre-1.6, so try running with one click extra rear wing as a first go?
I did test the setup after the 1.6 patch, felt quite good to me, I think I already lowered the rear ride height one click compared to the pre 1.6. setup :)

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
thanks! I will try that. it was mostly slow corners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread