Assetto Corsa Competizione Thrustmaster T300RS FFB Settings (1 Viewer)

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a T300 set. I have searched a lot online and although I have found some settings with which I am fairly happy, I feel like there's still room for development and that the FFB could feel even better.
I presume there must be quite a lot of people here using T300, so I'd appreciate your input and comments in this regard.
thx

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
For pCars2 there is an excellent custom ffb file in the official forums:

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
thanks mate, but I meant FFB settings for AC Competizione :)

FFB for pCars 2 is a whole other can of worms, tho.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
oh sorry, didn't read the subforum path :dead:

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Can give you my ffb settings once I come back home (4th of January) but from what I remember it's stock.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hav also a T300 RS. Can give you my ACC settings which I used for half a year now tomorrow when I'm back at home.

Cheers!

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
TM Profiler
- Overall Strength of all Forces: 100 (75 to 80 is often recommended for reasons of FFB linearity but that doesn't matter at around 4.5 Nm peak force anyway, better keep the max. force buffer as reserve)
- Constant: 100
- Periodic: 100
- Spring: 0
- Damper: 0
- Auto-Center: by the game

ACC
- Gain: 75 to 85 % depending on the vehicle, check if FFB clipping occurs with the FFB meter in the HUD (mild clipping can be tolerated when the wheelbase delivers stall force such as in high speed kinks like ADVAN Bogen at Nürburgring GP)
- Minimum Force: 2 to 3 %
- Dynamic Damping: 100 %
- Road Effects: 0 % (subjetctive)
- Frequency: 333 Hz
- Steer Linearity: 1.00

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Corentin_Bergès and @Exited, curious to see your settings.

TM Profiler
- Overall Strength of all Forces: 100 (75 to 80 is often recommended for reasons of FFB linearity but that doesn't matter at around 4.5 Nm peak force anyway, better keep the max. force buffer as reserve)
- Constant: 100
- Periodic: 100
- Spring: 0
- Damper: 0
- Auto-Center: by the game

ACC
- Gain: 75 to 85 % depending on the vehicle, check if FFB clipping occurs with the FFB meter in the HUD (mild clipping can be tolerated when the wheelbase delivers stall force such as in high speed kinks like ADVAN Bogen at Nürburgring GP)
- Minimum Force: 2 to 3 %
- Dynamic Damping: 100 %
- Road Effects: 0 % (subjetctive)

Thanks a lot mate! I'll try your settings.

My current settings are:
- Gain: 80 %
- Minimum Force: 0 %
- Dynamic Damping: 80 %
- Road Effects: 20 %

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Corentin_Bergès and @Exited, curious to see your settings.

Thanks a lot mate! I'll try your settings.

My current settings are:
- Gain: 80 %
- Minimum Force: 0 %
- Dynamic Damping: 80 %
- Road Effects: 20 %
Sorry mate, forgot about this. There you go.

You don't need minimum force with the T300 as you won't have rattling effects when goging straight in ACC (at least I don't need any minimum force and the wheel feels still great on straights).
Dynamic damping is the little bit strange name for the gyroscopic forces from spinning wheels. A rotating wheel does not like to be turned around and produces a counter force. According to Artistotelis (physics and FFB developer at Kunos) high values of that effect is only useful at DD wheels as it's reduces the chance of oscillations. If you add to much of it with a belt driven wheel like the T300 the wheels becomes really sluggish because of the already quite high damping of the rubber belts. I still use it a bit, because it adds some more weight to the wheel when you start turning it.

Keep in my mind that I often drive the Porsche, which has rather light FFB. If you drive cars with heavier FFB (maybe Lambo) you want to decrease the ingame FFB gain to 80%.

Damper in TM settings just gives you weight in the wheel when the car is below 3km/h. Above that it is no active anymore so don't be afraid to use it.

ACC_FFB.png

TM_FFB.png

Last edited:

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate, forgot about this. There you go.

You don't need minimum force with the T300 as you won't have rattling effects when goging straight in ACC (at least I don't need any minimum force and the wheel feels still great on straights).
Dynamic damping is the little bit strange name for the gyroscopic forces from spinning wheels. A rotating wheel does not like to be turned around and produces a counter force. According to Artistotelis (physics and FFB developer at Kunos) high values of that effect is only useful at DD wheels as it's reduces the chance of oscillations. If you add to much of it with a belt driven wheel like the T300 the wheels becomes really sluggish because of the already quite high damping of the rubber belts. I still use it a bit, because it adds some more weight to the wheel when you start turning it.

Keep in my mind that I often drive the Porsche, which has rather light FFB. If you drive cars with heavier FFB (maybe Lambo) you want to decrease the ingame FFB gain to 80%.

Damper in TM settings just gives you weight in the wheel when the car is below 3km/h. Above that it is no active anymore so don't be afraid to use it.

View attachment 8389

View attachment 8390

great explanation mate, I truly appreciate it!
sheds light on a number of things for me in terms of what setting does what for FFB.

cheers!

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Ooooops. Wrong thread, sorry!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread