Project CARS 2 Thrustmaster T300RS FFB Settings (1 Viewer)

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think quite a lot of people here must own a T300 wheel.
Coming from a G27, I like this wheel clearly better.

After getting the new set a couple of months ago after a hiatus of about 1 year, I spent quite some hours searching for and experimenting with different FFB options for PCars 2, but somehow I have never managed to arrive at a point where the FFB feels informative and consistent (in PCars 2's own standards, that is). As a result, I find myself playing PCars2 much less compared to before.
It has been comparatively much easier to achieve good FFB in Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, ACC, AMS 1.

So far I have tried:

- Jack Spade files (multiple variations)
- Christiaan's Pure FFB custom file
- Niklas Silen custom file
- Hugo Vai's Ultimate FFB custom file
- Nicsos123's custom file

As far as I know, these are almost all of the recommended options out there. So I'm really puzzled.
Is there something fundamental that I am missing? What are you guys using and most happy with?

Or is it just the case that after spending more time with other sims with better physics/FFB I don't like the feel of PCars2 as much as I did before, and thus never arrive at an FFB that feels right enough?

Would love to hear your thoughts, and recommendations for FFB.

My TM Control Panel settings are:

Overall strength: 60 %
Constant: 100 %
Periodic: 100 %
Spring: 0 %
Damper: 0 %

(Most people recommend to have Spring and Damper off. I have also tried them at 100%, but can't remember that they had a positive affect, so turned them back off.)

Thanks,

Last edited:

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

Some other sims having better physics or FFB than PCars 2 is an unpopular opinion here apparently :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a t300, but to be honest I just use the Christian’s pure custom file and leave it at the recommended settings. I don’t have the patience or sensitivity in my hands to tweak it. My TM driver settings are the same as yours pretty much too.

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
When I returned to PCars2 a month ago (after some time of playing assetto corsa, because my pc couldn't handle PCars2 with some opponents) I also didn't like the force feedback and had troubles with tweaking it.

I was then testing Christiaan's Pure FFB File and could find a setting that I was somehow happy with. Now after a while of playing more PCars2 I do like my current FFB settings very much. I'm pretty happy with the FFB in PCars2 again.

My settings in Game:

Flavour: Cutsom
Gain: 100
Volume: 55
Tone: 50
FX: 18

My TM Control Panel settings are standard I guess, except Overall strength slightly reduced.

Karsten Hvidberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think quite a lot of people here must own a T300 wheel.
Coming from a G27, I like this wheel clearly better.

After getting the new set a couple of months ago after a hiatus of about 1 year, I spent quite some hours searching for and experimenting with different FFB options for PCars 2, but somehow I have never managed to arrive at a point where the FFB feels informative and consistent (in PCars 2's own standards, that is). As a result, I find myself playing PCars2 much less compared to before.
It has been comparatively much easier to achieve good FFB in Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, ACC, AMS 1.

So far I have tried:

- Jack Spade files (multiple variations)
- Christiaan's Pure FFB custom file
- Niklas Silen custom file
- Hugo Vai's Ultimate FFB custom file
- Nicsos123's custom file

As far as I know, these are almost all of the recommended options out there. So I'm really puzzled.
Is there something fundamental that I am missing? What are you guys using and most happy with?

Or is it just the case that after spending more time with other sims with better physics/FFB I don't like the feel of PCars2 as much as I did before, and thus never arrive at an FFB that feels right enough?

Would love to hear your thoughts, and recommendations for FFB.

My TM Control Panel settings are:

Overall strength: 60 %
Constant: 100 %
Periodic: 100 %
Spring: 0 %
Damper: 0 %

(Most people recommend to have Spring and Damper off. I have also tried them at 100%, but can't remember that they had a positive affect, so turned them back off.)

Thanks,

Hi Vince,

In case you are still looking there is now this one too "Silver Project".
I originally developed it for AMS2, as the AMS2 default did not feel good on my high end wheel base.

Just recently converted it to PC2, so this now feels better than stock AMS2 on higher end wheel bases.

I cannot attach to my post here, so link for the page on race department is here:

This really should feel good, if you spend the time to dial in the settings in game.

Best,

-Karsten

Users who are viewing this thread