Thrustmaster USB Woes (1 Viewer)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can any IT wizards make any sense of these logs? My t300 shit the bed during an offline race, and sorted itself out after a few seconds. These logs were from the rough time it happened. 'tmhidusb' is the Thrustmaster wheel driver/software, which is up to date, as is the wheel's firmware. The wheel was connected to it's own usb 2.0 port, with power saving turned off in device manager, and USB selected suspend turned off in my windows power profile.

tmhidusb dc 1.PNG

tmhidusb dc 2.PNG

I believe this was causing some recent rf2 crashes I've had in the last week - not sure about before though.

Last edited:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yesterday i was also driving offline in rf2 and suddenly my wheel rebootet. (Fanatec csl)
(I have not changed usb power settings because i didn‘t know about. Thanks for the hint.)
I found some similar rf2 errors in the windows event viewer. So i think this was an rf2 issue and not cabling or hardware.
So sorry i can‘t help you, only tell i had similar issues. It happened to me also about two weeks before in a similar way while driving offline. At least i had no issues while online driving (except standard performance lags)
So it looks like it‘s a bug in the actual software version?

Reactions: Tom

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Mmh...no clue about these error logs, but you could use a software called "USBDeview" to erase all installed USB devices, and re-install them after a reboot. This has solved USB-related issues for me in the past.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I assume tom you have tried the obvious plugging it in to usb 3.0 insted

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I remeber vaguely an issue with my old mobo were stuff kept randomly disconecting from all usb turned out to be an issue with the front usbs i unplugged it and problem went away..

Reactions: Tom

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
try to uninstall and reinstall driver of your Wheel/pedals/gearbox
also double check that your wheel is in the right "mode"

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A further update, since going back to my old ssd, I have significantly less entries in event viewer after a long session than before, so I suspect the driver was getting borked by the rubbish SSD...

Users who are viewing this thread