Until: Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MerlinC

Community Member
Reaction score
Would be happy to team-up as well. Car doesn't matter as long it's being announced well in advance.

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Feel like everyone who was driving the Porsche had the same. For me at the moment i dont feel that confident yet but it was my first time in the Porsche so maybe just need more laps with it. So far braking is not as safe as it should be. It locks up quick. I think i was max doing 60% of braking power and also it doesnt like quick brake inputs. Also turn 1 feels really weird just cannot get it right due the wobbling or somethings thats happening in that corner.

After like 2-3 months i had the same feeling of the brakes with the porsche so i dunno. I personally dont like the porke that much only cuz if that.

Last edited:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We have news!

The date of 18th January just got confirmed. Cars stay the same. But the penalty system has been changed: The limit is now at 100 (instead of 240) incidents, but you won't get disqualified anymore. Reaching 100 incs results in a Stop&Go penalty and every 20 incs thereafter as well. I don't know if there's any stationary time to serve and if you can serve the penalty within an usual pitstop.

This is a serious change imo. 100 incs for a 24h race is not much and staying below that level will be essential to perform well throughout the race. Breaking it down it now means you should not get more than 4,3 incidents per stint. :dead:

@t0daY @Raigore @Puffpirat @Vernux @PiGuy @grobi0815 @ramdrop @Rexxody @Cornworld @Blue Monkey @Alex Salmon @UnstopaPaul @Stokemon @Ben Watkinson @javoresku @Jonno @David Siska @Darksi @Jamesl91 @Shepard @FlyingKman @CatchAGlimpse @Exited @Jeff[NL] @Morvic

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
sounds easy enough

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1 cut track in VEC Lemans 24hr.....100 incident points should be fine too

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
RSR dont need to worry about cut tracks we are all safe clean sim racers here...;);););)

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tsss. With two fingers up the nose, easy peasy, no worries, we got this, piece of cake ..... :nailbiting:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I like the optimism :D

It's definitely doable, no question. But just for reference: The 6h Brands Hatch had an incident limit of 30/10, which meant an average of 5x per stint to stay below the radar. The organizers had always been very strict with incident limits in past - and people were also moaning about it. The result? Only 16 out of 49 cars were able to stay below the limit - that means 2/3 of the field took at least one penalty.

Daytona is different, yes. The only critical place is exit of bus-stop. But then again, with 100 incidents you're only allowed to go wide there every 8th lap. Not speaking of any 4x'es or other offtracks. ;)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Daytona is different, yes. The only critical place is exit of bus-stop. But then again, with 100 incidents you're only allowed to go wide there every 8th lap. Not speaking of any 4x'es or other offtracks. ;)
thats the only place you can get a penalty other than exit of the infeild if you make a mistake.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
thats the only place you can get a penalty other than exit of the infeild if you make a mistake.
True still 100 inc limit is very very strict in iRacing. A collision what is not even your fault is already 4x. A spin is 2x. You evade a spinning car and go offtrack 1x.

You can not compare this with rF2..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we get a prize if we make it through 24h with zero incidents :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What i wont get a prize thats not nice is it...
Let's try to take it a bit more serious here. 100 inc is a very quite number and I doubt that every car wil stay under it.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we get a prize if we make it through 24h with zero incidents :D
If you and your team finish the race with 0 incidents I will personally fly over to every single one of you and give you a firm handshake and congratulate you for something that nobody will ever achieve.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you and your team finish the race with 0 incidents I will personally fly over to every single one of you and give you a firm handshake and congratulate you for something that nobody will ever achieve.
Game on then lol;):D
Post automatically merged:

Let's try to take it a bit more serious here. 100 inc is a very quite number and I doubt that every car wil stay under it.
Tbh you nor me have any idea what people are capable of anything is possible and i will for one be trying my upmost to race as clean as i can not just RSR name its mine too...

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well. No point of losing thoughts about it or make it bigger then it is. The rules are set and we have to make to most out of it. I think we all try to drive the best we can and thats the most important thing, not more anyone can expect from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread