POSTPONED - Triple Crown - Monaco GP (1 Viewer)

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Uh oh.. yes.
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Crashfest :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Although the thought of driving an open wheeler round Monaco sounds absolutely wonderful I can't attend as I have a previous engagement sorry .

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Track link was updated, please download it again

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well as my name is in the list i thought it best that i actually sign up for this event.

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Dalake

Community Member
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira

Heey Everyone! I just downloaded the track today. The one from yesterday did not work for me either. After doing some laps. i noticed there was very little grip on the track (even with optimum settings on the softest compound). I was able to do a 1:14.7 which is quite slow compared to the real life but also to times i saw some people do on YouTube. it looked like there was a lot more grip for them so i looked in the track files and it seemed that the version of yesterday (Monaco_2017) had a separate section of the track called 'GRIP'. i assume that this is the racing line on this track and it has 20% more grip than what the version of today has. What is the plan for this? Because i personally think the track now is extremely hard to drive with these very low grip levels. But on the other hand, having the same friction level on the entire tarmac would aid a bit of overtaking probability.

My current suggestion is: we use the updated track (the one from today) but change the FRICTION from 0.99 to 1.20. I would love to hear what other people think about this!

CORRECTION
: i sugggest to change the friction from 0.99 to 1.14. 1.20 felt a little to fast for the entire surface of the track. times around the real life times should be possible this way

EDIT: if you want to test this for yourself, go to: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\monaco\data and open surfaces.ini with notepad, than change only the first FRICTION value from 0.99 to 1.14

Griplevels Monaco.png

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira

Heey Everyone! I just downloaded the track today. The one from yesterday did not work for me either. After doing some laps. i noticed there was very little grip on the track (even with optimum settings on the softest compound). I was able to do a 1:14.7 which is quite slow compared to the real life but also to times i saw some people do on YouTube. it looked like there was a lot more grip for them so i looked in the track files and it seemed that the version of yesterday (Monaco_2017) had a separate section of the track called 'GRIP'. i assume that this is the racing line on this track and it has 20% more grip than what the version of today has. What is the plan for this? Because i personally think the track now is extremely hard to drive with these very low grip levels. But on the other hand, having the same friction level on the entire tarmac would aid a bit of overtaking probability.

My current suggestion is: we use the updated track (the one from today) but change the FRICTION from 0.99 to 1.20. I would love to hear what other people think about this!

View attachment 7103

I think that since your "slow" lap time is about 10 seconds faster than mine this extra grip should only apply to me :D

Is there an equivalent way in AC to PC2 for changing steering ratios?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I noticed there is no grip, i think its more the car than the track having driven both 2018 and 2019 car in exactly the same conditions the 2018 is much better straight out of the pits.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think that since your "slow" lap time is about 10 seconds faster than mine this extra grip should only apply to me :D

Is there an equivalent way in AC to PC2 for changing steering ratios?
Nope, there is no ingame option in AC to change the steering ratio which is little bit odd I agree. You can alter it, by leaving the rotation in AC at e.g. at 900 degree and change it in your wheel driver to 720. This works but I think your FFB is a little bit odd with that :)

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
But even if you do this, the full lock ratio is the same.

in real F1 race I heard Martin Brundle saying that in the teams set their gear ratio and steering lock according to Loews hairpun (as one of the slowest and tightest corner on calendar) so I believe in those F1 cars the lock isn't adjustable so the model doesnt have that option but the full lock isnt that sharp as real F1 car is :(

It is quite difficult to nail the hairpin in AC :D Any way to alter the car settings by somebody? @miagi maybe? :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
But even if you do this, the full lock ratio is the same.

in real F1 race I heard Martin Brundle saying that in the teams set their gear ratio and steering lock according to Loews hairpun (as one of the slowest and tightest corner on calendar) so I believe in those F1 cars the lock isn't adjustable so the model doesnt have that option but the full lock isnt that sharp as real F1 car is :(

It is quite difficult to nail the hairpin in AC :D Any way to alter the car settings by somebody? @miagi maybe? :)
Ferrari used to bring a specific different steering column or something to Monaco for exactly this reason. Not sure what they do with the current car, but I'd hazard they have to do something specific for Monaco weekend.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
to increase steering you can also try increasing the Caster angle, im not sure if this car has it or not but worth checking.

Users who are viewing this thread