Project CARS 2 TT #2 - Ford Mustang '66 Fastback @ California Highway Stage 1 (1 Viewer)

TT #2 - Ford Mustang '66 Fastback @ California Highway Stage 1
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 23:00
Until: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 23:01
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I've edited the title and OP to make it clearer but given that RTR isn't mentioned and the banner is of the classic Mustang, I didn't think it would cause any confusion. I'll know better next time.
In game everything became clear... but if you only checked the online stats... it got a bit confusing..... so we can blame online stats :D
20181005_140144.png

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My word. Crazy. Comfort zone gone. (although the car setup is so soft I bet you can't get uncomfortable)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Cluck event is missing from the calendar.

Well I tried heel-and-toe but seems impossible with my current pedals setup... brake pedal on the left side of the stand of my Wheel Stand Pro, throttle pedal on the right. Too much work to change it so will give it a try today or tomorrow with manual clutch and h-shifter ... without downshift throttle blipping... won't work probably... so might switch to auto clutch...

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If anybody finds themselves struggling for lines etc, this was my 2nd valid lap. It should give you an idea of how early you need to brake and how careful you need to be on the throttle out of the slow corners. It's still far from perfect (it's only my 2nd lap after all) but should at least help :)

I'm fine with the lines....it's the car that has a problem with them...

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
You might not want to look at the leaderboard :cigar:

Yah figured it wouldn't last long...lol

Managed to get below 3:30 but it's going to take me many many laps to catch you Cluck, if i ever can which is highly doubtful

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Top 5 places in opening post now updated. Let's try and get RSR holding all top-10 spots on the leaderboard eh!

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi @Cluck, any chance you have video from that 3.25 lap? :)

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
Do we have to submit any video if its our first submission? I'm still unclear on how you guys are tracking laptimes.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we have to submit any video if its our first submission? I'm still unclear on how you guys are tracking laptimes.
You will only need to provide proof if you've already set a time, with the car/track combo, in the past and you are unable to beat that previous time :).

We are taking the times straight from the TT leaderboards at http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/ , with the times compiled early on the 1st day of the new month. Any times that are set after 23:59 UTC on the last day of the month will be left out of the results unless proof is shown of the laptime before the deadline.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS !!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot: ...... and still no time, lol ... I'm going to try it all the way drifting in 2nd gear. Not fast but it looks great :smug:

Both driver and car are from 1966 .... not that it is of any help :grumpy: ... having a lot of fun though

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I run out of confidence after about 1:30... I've lost the car too many times, it's heartbreaking.

We should have an award for most airtime on a clean lap. That bump/jump and following corners are my nemesis.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Don't say I don't do anything for you lovely people :D

EDIT: For the record, that was only my 5th clean run (and only my 6th complete run) with the combo. All of my other aborted attempts were in the 1st sector, purely from pushing far too hard.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Woohoo, a few more laps tonight. Into the 3:27's. I'm coming for you chicken, save me a thigh ;)

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Only if you promise not to beat my time :p
Ohhh no. 0% chance of that happening. Just want to know where I was loosing time.
Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Don't say I don't do anything for you lovely people :D

EDIT: For the record, that was only my 5th clean run (and only my 6th complete run) with the combo. All of my other aborted attempts were in the 1st sector, purely from pushing far too hard.
Damn, that's clean. My driving style is a bit more...frivolous :)

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's clean. My driving style is a bit more...frivolous :)

I feel you....track limits on a public road....PATHETIC!!1!!! o_O

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I feel you....track limits on a public road....PATHETIC!!1!!! o_O
nono, actually I'm not cutting the corners enough. I was thinking more about full throttle opposite lock on all the hairpins :D

Users who are viewing this thread