Project CARS 2 TT #3 - Audi R8 LMP-900 @ Imola (1 Viewer)

TT #3 - Audi R8 LMP-900 @ Imola
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Friday, November 30, 2018 - 23:00
Until: Friday, November 30, 2018 - 23:01
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why would you need to go to private testing if you don't want ghosts? Just don't select any in TT.
The only one I use sometimes is the "Best in session" anyway, but most of the time I don't turn that on either, because if it gets infront a little bit, it blinds me. (The ghost system annoys me in this game, why does it need to be visible so close to the car in cockpit view?)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Why would you need to go to private testing if you don't want ghosts? Just don't select any in TT.
The only one I use sometimes is the "Best in session" anyway, but most of the time I don't turn that on either, because if it gets infront a little bit, it blinds me. (The ghost system annoys me in this game, why does it need to be visible so close to the car in cockpit view?)
I find that I'm still under pressure in TT to do a perfect lap, and press reset the instant I fail. Additionally, with damage on you would need to spend more time with resets while learning (if you are the type to work out how much to slow down...like I am). The method I lists maximises time on track for me while learning, rather than immediately trying to set the best time. If you're not affected like that, then yes, there's little benefit

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wasn't even able to make the first combination with the default setup...

Also, my fastest time before the current was worse in every corner than the one before, except the chicane at the end of sector 2. And then I spent 2 hours just to beat that time. Can someone tell me how to enjoy hotlapping please, because I'm really bad at it.

I think I require a quite bit more laps than others to get even close to my potential. To me it feels like most guys here can jump in a car and very quickly get close to something approaching their potentials. I've actually done 74 complete laps, not even counting those where I had to restart. For me the fun is in finding out what works, what feels quick but isn't, analysing the time deltas for different corners on different laps in telemetry... Figuring out how to drive faster within my own abilities. I can get consumed in that, it feels a bit like civ, one more lap.

I can see how the frustration of hot lapping can be too much. I try to manage that by setting small goals. Every entry on the leader board to me is a goal, and the satisfaction of beating it feels great. Even if your lap wasn't perfect, if you've managed your goal you can feel satisfied, but then also come back tomorrow and set yourself a new goal, as you know there's time available.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is the post frustrating combo iv driven for a long time but i managed a 1:31.8

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To me it feels like most guys here can jump in a car and very quickly get close to something approaching their potentials
Never underestimate the value of 'seat time'.

From my side, my technique for learning a car/track combo is to throw the car at the 1st corner at a pace that is usually comfortably in excess of what the car is capable of achieving. How far past the limit I go will give me a good indicator of how much to dial back to and from there it's a process of whittling away the tenths and hundredths. The point is, I am clicked into what the car is roughly capable of within just a couple of corners so I don't spend hours gradually building up confidence in the car/circuit. It's a game so I treat is as such, there are no consequences for crashing a million times :)

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had practised some long runs for the Sprint cup, and that somehow pt my mind in a much calmer state to do this after.

My laps were following one of these scripts:
- PB first sector, slightly slower second sector than my best over all lap, PB third sector.
- Invalidate the lap in sector one, new PB sector two, setting up the next lap sector 3 (so doesn't really matter)

The scissors of my sector two opened up to half a second at this point. So, doing an under 1:30 lap does't seem too much impossible anymore, altho, with Custom set-up...

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
This car is a beast, what a blast! As if you are in a roller-coaster, the speed is awesome :woot:. When I switch back to my reference GTE car, it makes me laugh...feels like driving in slo-mo.
Did a few laps...no clean one yet, track limits are rather unforgiving (especially compared to PCARS1)... potential says 1.34 atm.
Very technical track, not sure where to slow down, let it roll, up-hill in 2nd or 3rd...how to attack that chicane???
Not much communication from the track...also because I lost my FFB setup due to PC rebuild....or just going too slow :grumpy:

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
With just over a week of this month's time-trial now run, we have a clear leader in the shape of @Puffpirat, with a storming 1m28.8s lap on a custom setup. Just over a second behind, sits @Cluck , on a lap just squeaking in under 1m30 on a default setup. There have been regular changes of position for 3rd, 4th and 5th, with @benimi now occupying the 3rd podium spot, on a 1m30.4 lap with a custom setup. Rounding out the top 5 places on the global leaderboard are @kobusnell and @djombaslo , using default setups to record 1m30.8 and 1m31.1 laps respectively. In total, RSR members now occupy 7 of the top-10 places in the leaderboard :).

There are just under 2 weeks remaining to either improve on your current time or, if you haven't taken part yet, set a time. Good luck!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My lap isnt on the list yet?

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
YAY, under 30! I'm happy now.
Either of my sectors were PB, but I got in a tenth of a second in each.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As of posting 2 to 5 are all veeeery close. @djombaslo and I Turned to the dark side of custom setups...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I suppose I ought to put some effort in then :eek:

EDIT : Well, after a dozen failed laps, I managed to post a clean one. Annoyingly, it was still a tenth down in S1 compared to my best, so I know there's at least a 1m29.6 lap achievable on default setup.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
ok...this car is insane. It seems to always be on the edge of suicide. Kinda the opposite of the RS1600 I've been driving. Finally got some laps in...game on.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok...this car is insane. It seems to always be on the edge of suicide. Kinda the opposite of the RS1600 I've been driving. Finally got some laps in...game on.
Nice time :cool:

RSR members now own 9 of the top 10 times (and 10 of the top 11) ...

allyourtimes.jpg

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Got me a high 1:32, potential shows low 1:31 but somehow I can't glue all best sector times together. Improved a lot in the last sector but I @#$#@-up every time in the second-last corner :wideyed: Took some time to find out that I need to go faster to get more grip...instead of slower and spinning... with this high down force car.
At Acque Minerali I do not know exactly what I'm doing...feeling more like a passenger in my own car...but it's pretty fast :woot::woot::woot:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Some serious competition in the Top 10 :)

top10.PNG

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a few days remaining for people to set a time or improve on their current time. Remember, this round closes at midnight on the 30th - just 3 days away.
Got rid of the cast today, yay. I should be able to do some semi-one-handed laps before the deadline :)

Users who are viewing this thread