rFactor 2 VEC - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I'll be online and practicing on Friday the 20th.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

So practice without you is not possible?
Never said or implied that ... how you come to that conclusion?

You guys can practice together, I just would have liked to be there with you together :)

B

Blue Monkey

Practice with FlyingKman was not so good yesterday

I tried to improve the setup but failed. Still in the 1:30s ..
I noticed that someone else did 304 kph on the straights with mediums and is generally in the mid 29s ... no idea how they do it
Kman needs a lot more practice to get used to the car

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It went ok-ish. I'm able to do 1m30s low consistently. Dipped down in the 1m29s8xx once in the D3 server. What I don't understand is that I did over 100 laps on D3 server, but none of them have registered. I did a couple of laps on the D2 server and those have been registered.

I tweaked the setup a little bit and made it more stiff. For me it feels quite good, but somehow I can't get the car to run much faster than low 1m30s and high 1m29s. I uploaded this setup to the following location:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9wAcpQKwFGSYWdqZ0lLcHAtdU0

@FlyingKman @Blue Monkey @t0daY I will be online this evening for some practising. I hope you guys can be online so we can do some collective testing and hopefully improve on the setup.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok guys, I just did some testing with the wing settings that @Blue Monkey got (4/14). It looks like this is the way to go. I just did a couple of laps in 1m29s with a modified setup of mine. I uploaded three setups to the Google Drive:
VEC Fuji - Test 02b3 Mo 09 best.svm - With this setup I did consistantly 1m30s0xx and occasionally a 1m29s high
VEC Fuji - Test 02b3 Mo 10 29s.svm - With this setup I did several laps in 1m29s with a 1m29s5xx as my fastest lap
VEC Fuji - Test 02b3 Mo 10 well.svm - With this setup I wanted to experiment a little bit with tire pressure and low camber to get some heat in the rear tires and increase the contact patch of the tires.

As always, the setups can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9wAcpQKwFGSWXFQMWhfazNOaUU

I will be testing even more this evening as I want a setup with which I can do consistently 1m29s and hopefully dip in the 1m28s

BTW: my times I did on server Division 3 during NIGHT time. So I guess we could be even faster during day time and on a server that has some rubber on the track.

See you soon on track!

B

Blue Monkey

What a nice win :) Awesome wet performance
Thank you so much @MelBonkers and @Isabella

GRAB_012.JPG
GRAB_006.JPG
GRAB_008.JPG
GRAB_011.JPG

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
No livestream of the race?

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

@t0daY @MelBonkers
When do you guys wanna practice this week? And next week?

My suggestions (all 2000 CEST):
  • Tuesday 21st November
  • Wednesday 22nd andor 24th November
  • Tuesday 28th November
  • Thursday 30th November
  • Friday 1st December (final stint test etc.)
  • Raceday is the 2nd December 2017
Todo list:
  • If needed: Plugins, version rollback, graphic settings (can everyone see enough at night)
  • Learn the track, the car and pitentry/exit
  • Setup
  • Tire wear (setup adjustments)
  • Driving at least 1 stint
  • Wet setup (do we need to adjust final dry setup so its drivable in wet? and determine what we should change if dry > wet [wings, brake bias, pressures])
  • Stint determination (who drives when?)
Sadly our livery won't be in for the race :(

@t0daY if you want I can readd you in Whatsapp

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jan,

I won't be online this evening as I'm playing futsal. I will be online tomorrow (Friday evening) after 21:30. This Saturday I won't be online either as I will have some colleagues over for a VR-experience with the Rift. Will try the following days for some practise for the next week:
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday for the race of course.

Btw: I forgot my phone today, so that's why I'm replying in this thread. No mobile for me until this evening.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am happy to announce after the internal discrepancy that @FlyingKman and myself will form a new team in the remaining season of the VEC. RevolutionSimRacing #68 it is, fighting with Ferrari through the GTE field! :mad: :punch: :D

Users who are viewing this thread