• Sign-ups have opened for the 8th season of the Revolution Cup in Project CARS 2!
    More information about the upcoming league can be found here!

rFactor 2 VEC - Season 11 - Season Finale - Le Mans (1 Viewer)

VEC - Season 11 - Season Finale - Le Mans
Posted by Jamesl91
rFactor2
Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 20:00
Until: Sunday, June 2, 2019 - 16:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

t0daY

Head of RSR
Staff
Steam
View
What laptimes are we looking at in GTE? I did some practice/setup work already...Cannot go below 4:04, where the BMWs in DIV3 are doing 3:57... :(
The BMW will be the power here at Le Mans. Don't think such laptimes will be possible in the porsche :/

Jamesl91

Team rFactor 2
Staff
Steam
View
Ahh u say that but the Porsche has a better top speed than the BMW, or atleast that’s what seems to be the case in previous races.
I think Steve is doing 3:57/58s
Post automatically merged:

@Shepard you can always join us testing, I will probably do some tonight so we can work together. So far I’ve realised track time is key

Last edited:

Shepard

Steam
View
Ahh u say that but the Porsche has a better top speed than the BMW, or atleast that’s what seems to be the case in previous races.
I think Steve is doing 3:57/58s
As far as I could observe during practice, with the low DF package both top out at 297kph before the braking point for the first chicane on Mulsanne, so it's not the speed. The BMW seems to be a lot more agile in the tight corners. Where the Porsche starts to understeer, the BMW driver just turns the wheel further and makes the corner smoothly.

steveg200

RSR Family
Steam
View
As far as I could observe during practice, with the low DF package both top out at 297kph before the braking point for the first chicane on Mulsanne, so it's not the speed. The BMW seems to be a lot more agile in the tight corners. Where the Porsche starts to understeer, the BMW driver just turns the wheel further and makes the corner smoothly.

I think the BMW has greater tyre wear compared with the Porsche so that might even things out hopefully

Dutchtastic

What's up guys?
How's the LMP2 team looking?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
Steward
Did a few hours of practice yesterday. Currently sitting at about 3:28 race pace. Fuel wise it’s tight for 10 laps but doable on race lean (2/4).

There are a few things I’d like to test out. Have some ideas how to go further with the setup but need miagi to help me with motec.

Most of the race will be avoiding cut tracks as it’s easy to get one but we need to triple, maybe even quadruple stint the tires.

Jamesl91

Team rFactor 2
Staff
Steam
View
I will get a test session planned for all of us to be on, if we put all our brains together we might just have enough to get some good setups together :D

Nakor

Steam
View
Can anyone give me the link to the vec workshop and the server password to practice? I don't have the license at the moment. (if that is possible?)
But @Battenberg asked me if i can do some stints - and before I can say yes i need to feel comfortable on track.
I had troubles with sebring track on my pc, but the le mans track mod i found feels much better. And i think i found some other setting that make rfactor much better for my rift (eg setting the screen to 1920x1080)
Edit:
Is there a Porsche setup somewhere? I haven't found one in the download section.

Jamesl91

Team rFactor 2
Staff
Steam
View
As far as i understand you are not allowed to use the VEC servers until you have the correct licence. @Shepard should be able to provide you with a setup for the race

Nakor

Steam
View
Thanks for all your support, mostly to @Shepard and @Battenberg.
I cannot find the time for practice at the moment so sorry i cannot drive le mans. I really would like to, but without enough practice it‘s just stress and i would ruin the car or someone’s race.
Have fun, wish you all the best.

Jamesl91

Team rFactor 2
Staff
Steam
View

Jamesl91

Team rFactor 2
Staff
Steam
View

Stokemon

I'm thinking of running a scratch pad for the weekends RSR efforts.

A document to fill in as and when things happen. This will allow all RSR members to keep up to date with all 6 cars competing in iRacing and rfactor 2 alike.

Thoughts?

t0daY

Head of RSR
Staff
Steam
View
I'm thinking of running a scratch pad for the weekends RSR efforts.

A document to fill in as and when things happen. This will allow all RSR members to keep up to date with all 6 cars competing in iRacing and rfactor 2 alike.

Thoughts?
I like! :)

Stokemon

Anyone can edit this, change it as you wish :)

Stokemon

Boom P4!

Just finishing was enough, P4 is amazing!

Blue Monkey

Steam
View
Boom P4!

Just finishing was enough, P4 is amazing!
I wished you would have taken P3 :/
At least the team that took it from you totally deserved it, their pace a-mei-zing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)