rFactor 2 VEC - Season 12 (2 Viewers)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gents,

I will be online on Thursday 29th August. Got some family obligations this evening. Hope to see some of you tomorrow on track.

@Blue Monkey @t0daY @Nakor @Puffpirat Earlier this week I talked with Manu to see if we can organize a practise session for the McLaren Senna and help each other with a good setup for next week's race. At the moment it's just bloody hot in the Netherlands. I was thinking if we can arrange something for Wednesday and/or Thursday. Friday evening I already have plans and Saturday I'll be going to the Simracing Expo (who's going as well?).

@Alex Salmon is away until September 2nd so he can't join us before that time.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As there is no Thread at the moment for S12 Race 2 i post it here.
If you're not familiar with Sepang Circuit (like me), i found a great video.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As there is no Thread at the moment for S12 Race 2 i post it here.
If you're not familiar with Sepang Circuit (like me), i found a great video.
Will be posted on monday. sorry for the delay

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another question:
I see for example in F1 drivers almost pressing the dead pedal with max force. I cannot do that, even when setting my brake force to values below 75%.
I know the tyres and brakes need to be at working temperature first before I can trust them. But i think it should be possible to adjust the brake force or my settings in a way i can brake with maximal power after the two long straights? Or is that not possible?
At least it would help if my brake pedal would not be that much sensitive..
i tried different settings in-game, should i try adjusting using fanatec software?
Also i changed recently the max force from 18kg to 40kg because of the new rig. That made the brake more sensitive in my opinion. But I also have the option to try out 90kg.
edit:
think i found the biggest issue, the fanatec software was set to 60%. Now with 100% it reacts much more as expected. :oops:
i just cannot explain why it was set this way, it makes even less sence with default 18k.

Last edited:

Blue Monkey

Reaction score

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Where did you see that?
I mean in normal TV when you see the telemetry, the brake is most times fully pressed.
Ok, it may be just a wrong telemetry data?
But anyway, if i‘m not completely wrong the setup goal should be to adjust the brake force so you can press with full force at the biggest braking zone?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That TV telemetry is wrong. They only show the brake as on/off.

Generally your pedal should be as stiff as it gets where you can still fully press it to 100%, because more force means more „muscle resolution“. It should still be comfortable enough for say a two hour stint though.

With the Senna or most DF cars it shouldn’t lock up on initial force application but you need to bleed off the brake quite quickly as you shed off speed and therefore downforce.

Blue Monkey

Reaction score

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Halloween Sale on steam. Should i buy the gt3 and/or the gt3 challenger pack now? Are they needed in some series we are racing?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Halloween Sale on steam. Should i buy the gt3 and/or the gt3 challenger pack now? Are they needed in some series we are racing?

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
I think you should buy it because I didn't during last sale and I regret it because I had to take it for the 24h of the Nord ^^

Users who are viewing this thread