The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
0% chance of snow, sounds good xDD
Dry race would be nice, then it would be one thing less to worry about

B

Blue Monkey

@Battenberg @The Wayfaerer @Darksi
Good drive, except for the unfortunate VR failure. I think P7 would have been in today.
Don't worry about it Battenberg, it is not your fault at all, such things happen. We all had hardware failures, connection losses or software crashes in the worst moments, which we couldn't do much about.
Please, all of you, write a small statement, for the newsletter & post 2 of this thread :) if you need some inspiration, see here how we did it in VEC.

Incidents in the server replay, that might be worthwhile to report:
  1. 719 - #5 Daniele Pizzo - Chopping, causing aero damage
  2. 3116 - #5 Daniele Pizzo - Overaggressive driving, causing aero & suspension damage (130 sec) [punished ingame?]
  3. 8303 - #17 David Jundt - Causing a collision, causing aero damage [funny, with that maneuver, he lost his front wing]
  4. 9259 - #23 Claudio Cestari - Chopping
  5. 13992 - #17 Marc Veit - Dangerous Driving & overaggressive driving, causing no collision though
  6. XXXXX - #58 Diego Ferretti - Lagging around ... the question here is, was it only once? If this regularly happens, please go complain ; actually during one of the lags he hit someone and caused damage
Crash & spin statistics:
  • 6 (half) spins in total on your own, no caused collisions at all
  • 5297 > 7050 VR failure ... total loss of 29 min 22 sec
I also noticed everyone pulled away on the straights easily, so for Fuji I suggest less downforce, I guess you lost a lot of time there. All in all, I would say if you find 1 more sec, you can drive into Top 10 on raw pace. Ofc being consistent and clean is much more important (LM-P2 #48 drove from P15 to P3 only by having no collisions and good consistent race!!!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My newsletter bit:

After qualifying near the back, I had a promising start to the race. We made it to the top 10 by the end of the 1st hour by keeping out of all of the mayhem around us. At our first pitstop, I made an error in forgetting to set @Darksi to take over the controls, so I had to do another stint. This wasn't a major issue, one of us would have had to double stint anyway.

Not long after the pitstop stop I had a catastrophic VR failure entering the banking at the end of the lap. 99% of the display went grey, with the edge pixels still rendering the game. I hit the outside wall hard, and managed to get it stopped off of the racing line - thankfully nobody else got caught up in my crash. We then lost 20 mins in my efforts to get it working again (and failing), rejoining with VR disabled, doing a single lap in a badly damaged car, and then waiting for repairs as @Darksi took over.

I was absolutely gutted with that, but my team mates @Darksi and @The Wayfaerer put in rock solid stints afterwards to keep us running out of trouble and on pace with those in the top 10. VR failure aside, we would have been well in the points for our VLMS debut - bring on Fuji!

---

I just wanted to say again amazing job Si and Michael. You both drove very well, and I'm feeling confident for more solid results down the line. Also thanks @Blue Monkey for the support on TS :)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My statement:
In only joined about an hour after race start because of real life commitments, so i can't say a lot about the race start, but i was told that it was total mayhem and some people seemed like they have been driving with their switched off brains.

@Battenberg 's VR crash was really unfortunate as we had a really good race after that. @Darksi put in a solid stint but all the time having to let by other cars because of blue flags made it impossible to make up some time.

I was able to do a solid stint without any issues. And through mistakes from other teams we were able to gain a few positions. I am looking really forward to the next race, although i don't really like Fuji.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My Statement:

Well that was interesting, to say the least....after qualifying near the back of the field, I watched on as @Battenberg pushed through the field avoiding most of the chaos that was occurring around him, after an hour my turn came up, sat hoping that i wouldn't undo all of @Battenberg hard work, ok not to worry, slight mishap with the pit menu, luckily noticed before end of stop. And off Battenberg goes for a 2nd stint, I sit back and relax for another hour. Until we get reports from Battenberg that his VR has crashed and can't see anything (really unfortunate, but no worries we still got 2 and a half hours of racing left). Unfortunately, in that failure, we took a bit of damage, so the pit stop was a long one. But I'm in ready to go this time. Nothing major happened in my stint, it was a case of head down and try not to lose any more time which was very difficult in the parade of Blue flags that I was getting. I had a couple of minor spins nothing major and no damage to us or anyone else and before i knew my time was done. I handed the car off to @The Wayfaerer, and went to grab some food. @The Wayfaerer put some solid laps down and brought us home in one piece.

A fair start to what looks to be an interesting season. I wish my guys all the best luck for fuji as I will miss round two but will give my support leading up to it. See you all in Round 3.

Reactions: Tom
B

Blue Monkey

@The Wayfaerer @Battenberg

There are 3 teams driving in VEC with the LM-GT "SRT Viper GTS-R" - I would try to ask this one if they can give you some tips or even are willing to share their setup with you:
• Division 1: #71 Talking Door Racing - Matheus Machado - 01:28.598 (Qualifying)

@Battenberg - some possible important info on the forum [source]:
Per Oqvist said:
Be careful that you don't connect your sensors an rift to the same usb ports. You can run out of bandwith . Also some usb controllers don't like the rift. And be sure your arm movement don't block the sensors. Beside that it might just be a cable issue be sure to not run extensions if you can avoid it.

Reactions: Tom

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg i will do some practice this weekend, but i am not sure when, i tried the track in pCars 2 already, and i also experienced that the final sector after the tight chicane is pretty tricky to get it right

B

Blue Monkey

@Battenberg i will do some practice this weekend, but i am not sure when, i tried the track in pCars 2 already, and i also experienced that the final sector after the tight chicane is pretty tricky to get it right
  • How did the practice go?
  • Did you ask the VEC D1 Viper Team if they can help you setup wise?
  • @Battenberg Could you practice sofar aswell?
  • Do you guys need any help?

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i only had the chance to practice about an hour until now, and that unfortunately in wet conditions. i was running the Indy setup with the rain changes and it didn't feel bad, but we have to do some changes to get it fitting for this track
i will try to do as much practice as possible this weekend but i can't say when exactly

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i will do some pracitce tonight starting around 1800 UTC, probably for 2 or even more hours to get some basic setup work done
i will also do some practice saturday and sunday evening, probably at a similar time like tonight
@Battenberg, should i record a run through the pitlane like in Indy that you know when you have to be in pit limiter?

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i fear i will probably not be able to practice tonight, but i will be on tomorrow evening as long as possible to get setup work done

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i did about 1,5h of testing in SP, as it was raining (once again...) on the VLMS server to get a better feel for the track and a somewhat of a baseline setup for next week. I took the Indy setup as base, and changed the downforce to 1 front -2 rear. The second change i did was i did soften the rear anti-roll bars by 2 clicks.

I managed to do mid 40s which aren't blistering fast, but i was able to do this times consistently.
The only problem i have with the setup currently is, that the car tends to snap oversteer a bit exiting 100R.

Fuel should be no problem once again as we should be able to do 62+ mins on 1 fuel tank. Tire wear seems to be about 1%/lap with the hards.

Gear ratio seems also fine on these aero settings as we should nearly hit the limiter with a bit of tow on S/F straight.

I will be already back from uni at Wednesday evening as Thursday is National Holiday here in Austria. I will do some practice Wed and Thu evening, hopefully we can get everything ready there for the race, as it is very unlikely i will be able to pracitce on friday evening.

Race day I am able to be here all the time during race and qualy to be able to do some spotting and other support

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg really nice job on the setup, the car feels really great.

Currently I am able to do times between low 39s and low 40s so i am a bit off your pace.

If you want you can drive again Qualy as it seems you are the faster one of us two this time

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good to hear :) I'll have another tweak tomorrow, I think there's more time to find in getting the pressures set correctly and balanced.

I'm happy to qualify if need be, although I'm sure you'll be quicker than me with a bit more time ;) We can decide for sure in the practice session before quali?

Users who are viewing this thread