rFactor 2 VLMS - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In game track-cut penalties got deactivitated for Suzuka for both VLMS and VEC as it seemed like the penalties were sometimes too strict. The live-stewards will give the penalties for too much cutting

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
after a long run i don't think it's worth double-stinting the tires, i tried it and the first 5 laps of the second stint it was quite ok but afterwards the times just got a bit too slow and the car got too unstable for my liking

Reactions: Tom

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats for P4 guys!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Strong results guys. P4 is amazing stuff!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Great job guys. I'll have to watch the stream later. :cool:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just checked that small incident with Texas Squadra Corse P2 car in Lap 14. I don't think we should report it although that was a overly aggressive move of them, but from their cockpit perspective it looked like for a short moment that i might give room what i wasn't doing because i tried to get a clean run through the corner

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok Guys, moving onto the next event in two weeks. I got my first laps down last night and started on getting the setup sorted as well as familiarising myself with the track.
According to the live timing page http://simracing.club/live-timing-vlms/ I had managed a 1.35.8 and this was on full fuel, but after the first few tweaks the car feels really stable and consistent, so currently running about 4 seconds off the fastest GT. I know there is more there in the car so will continue to work on that over the next few nights.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
as i already said i won't be able to participate in Interlagos as i have all my exams this, and the next two weeks.
But i will try to be there a bit on raceday to help you with spotting, or providing other information you might need

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gutted that race isnt in a few months time, would love to race at interlagos! i will do the feb SRCA

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We have a drive through for the next race, I was caught speeding during a code 80 - I don't remember it especially, but it is what it is. Lots of other cars have drive through penalties too, quite possibly every GT car, so it's not a big deal.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i been struggling for this one, the quickest i could manage i think was a 1.35.8

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After qualifying second from last & struggling for pace all week to finishing P6, me and @Darksi are over the moon! Happy days! :D

This sums it up: Highest climber in our class :cool:
r5 climbers.JPG

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
vlms standings.JPG
after yesterday's strong result we are P10 in the championship

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i started with setup today, unfortunately my work got interupted by a rain shower (man i love british weather :D ), but i think i got already quite an acceptable base to work with, i will try to get some more tweaks to it later tonight or tomorrow and will then upload a first version to the database

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
had a few hours of productive testing in wet conditions. Was able to create a quite solid full-wet setup. The setup itself is more on the aggressive side concerning oversteer as a more understeery setup is killing the front tires.

with the times i was able to do in the wet we should find ourselves somewhere in midfield, maybe upper midfield
i will upload both current setups for dry and wet to the resources area

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
20180303104945_1.jpg

marked the pit line, best thing is to use the escape route on the rigth side in the Armco Barrier as a reference point as it is quite on line with the line

I already had a very good stint in the morning in the wet conditions (50 - 80%) with only small drizzles the car was feeling very good and i was able to set the 2nd fastest GT time with a mediocore lap
in these conditions the tire wear at the front is a bit better than in extreme wet conditions, i had about 40% of tire left on the front left

Users who are viewing this thread