Staff rFactor 2
- May 3, 2017
- Reaction score
What is Virtual Le Mans Series?
VLMS is the smaller brother of the VEC. You team up with other drivers, do 4h races with driver swap and with up to 40 drivers in rFactor 2. The league organizes such events since 2008 and are the most famous and popular endurance league in rFactor 2.
VEC is the bigger and more famous counterpart. VEC is a virtual image of WEC, you team up with other drivers and race between 4-24 hour races in rFactor 2, with up to 40 drivers.
Opens July 28th at 15:00 CEST (Will be most likely booked out in minutes!)
After this date, we will review and post the final entry list on our website. Please note that drivers will be required to have the Season Pass by this point.
- License 5 & 4: Free
- VLMS Season: 10€ per driver
- Sign up (with your real name) on SimRacingClub
- Make a post in the "Introduce Yourself" according to the template
- To able to participate in VLMS: Pass the SRC Academy and get promoted to License 4
Unlike VEC, VLMS will be one division only - first come, first served (expect champions of last season). First 40 accepted teams will get a spot.
There will be a mandatory practice session and a Pre-Season race.
Max Drivers and Teams
The entry list will be capped at 40 entries (first come, first served - with 2 spots reserved for S2 winners).
Each team can have up to five drivers and one reserve driver.
LM-P2 - This is the premier class. You must be prepared to make multiple overtakes per lap on slower cars without putting others in danger. You must learn the art of timing your passes to lessen your time loss without affecting the races of others.
LM-GTE - This class is the slowest. However, it is just as demanding as the other class, with less grip and a need to keep an eye on your mirrors. Spatial awareness and an ability to allow other cars to pass with minimal time loss are critical skills.
We will provide live coverage of our VLMS races
Will close August 18th at 15:00 CEST.
- We do NOT allow any fake sponsorship on cars, only use logo´s that you are allowed to use, we may require to see confirmation on this.
- Follow albedo rules (basic: don't use RGB below 10, 10, 10 or above 210, 210, 210)
- Do not resize templates (4096x4096)
- Do not change alpha layer (this is optimised for broadcast)
- The most important requirement: FUN!
- Own a copy of rFactor 2 and the Endurance pack DLC
- Ping to Paris of <150ms and stable internet (exceptions see rules of the corresponding series)