rFactor 2 VLMS - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

rFactor 2

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

What is Virtual Le Mans Series?
VLMS is the smaller brother of the VEC. You team up with other drivers, do 4h races with driver swap and with up to 40 drivers in rFactor 2. The league organizes such events since 2008 and are the most famous and popular endurance league in rFactor 2.
VEC is the bigger and more famous counterpart. VEC is a virtual image of WEC, you team up with other drivers and race between 4-24 hour races in rFactor 2, with up to 40 drivers.
Sign-Up
Opens July 28th at 15:00 CEST (Will be most likely booked out in minutes!)
After this date, we will review and post the final entry list on our website. Please note that drivers will be required to have the Season Pass by this point.

Costs

• License 5 & 4: Free
  • VLMS Season: 10€ per driver

Structure
  1. Sign up (with your real name) on SimRacingClub
    (http://simracing.club/index.php?register/)
  2. Make a post in the "Introduce Yourself" according to the template
    (http://simracing.club/index.php?threads/introduce-yourself.177/)
  3. To able to participate in VLMS: Pass the SRC Academy and get promoted to License 4

Divisions

Unlike VEC, VLMS will be one division only - first come, first served (expect champions of last season). First 40 accepted teams will get a spot.

Pre-Season
There will be a mandatory practice session and a Pre-Season race.

Max Drivers and Teams
The entry list will be capped at 40 entries (first come, first served - with 2 spots reserved for S2 winners).
Each team can have up to five drivers and one reserve driver.

Classes
LM-P2 -
This is the premier class. You must be prepared to make multiple overtakes per lap on slower cars without putting others in danger. You must learn the art of timing your passes to lessen your time loss without affecting the races of others.
LM-GTE - This class is the slowest. However, it is just as demanding as the other class, with less grip and a need to keep an eye on your mirrors. Spatial awareness and an ability to allow other cars to pass with minimal time loss are critical skills.

Broadcasts
We will provide live coverage of our VLMS races

Livery Submission
Will close August 18th at 15:00 CEST.
  • We do NOT allow any fake sponsorship on cars, only use logo´s that you are allowed to use, we may require to see confirmation on this.
  • Follow albedo rules (basic: don't use RGB below 10, 10, 10 or above 210, 210, 210)
  • Do not resize templates (4096x4096)
  • Do not change alpha layer (this is optimised for broadcast)

Requirements
  • The most important requirement: FUN!
  • Own a copy of rFactor 2 and the Endurance pack DLC
  • Ping to Paris of <150ms and stable internet (exceptions see rules of the corresponding series)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Don't care for me! :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reserve Driver for me.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
interesting

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Interested in LM-P2

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested in VLMS/GTE. I will try to get license 4 in S21.

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If i can still do license even if it overlaps with sing ups ill jump on srca s21 to get license and if i manage to get it i should be up for either of the classes

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I need to get a licence first, but I’m interested!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
How will this work actually? Is it possible to signup for VLMS without the license, and then signup to the SRCA to obtain it? Or do we just need people who already have a license signup a team?

EDIT: Just counted the people @t0daY mentioned in this thread. We could spam that season with 7 or 8 RSR teams :D

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How will this work actually? Is it possible to signup for VLMS without the license, and then signup to the SRCA to obtain it? Or do we just need people who already have a license signup a team?

EDIT: Just counted the people @t0daY mentioned in this thread. We could spam that season with 7 or 8 RSR teams :D
I believe the teams can be entered and drivers can be updated but you have to pass the SRCA first which is 4 races(1per week)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I believe the teams can be entered and drivers can be updated but you have to pass the SRCA first which is 4 races(1per week)
They cut it down to two races actually. So S21 will be on 11th and 18th of August.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah that really suits me well. I'll be a grass widower at least in the week of the first race, so lots of practice time. I definitely need a hand with setting up the cars.

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
@Jamesl91
Here is btw the schedule: https://simracing.club/vlms-schedule/
So most races are 4h, followed by 2x 2h45 and a 1000 mile race (about 10h) - I think more than a team of 3 is not viable

For signup I suggest to have per team a different manager to sign up, so every team gets in

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
1000Km of Road Atlanta = heaven! :D
Mhhhh it says miles, which would be 1609 km ... I wonder if that is correct, given that the rest of the races are all 4h or less, you would expect a 6h race.

Okay let's do the math:
1 Lap is 2.54 miles, according to wikipedia, which seems to be the correct layout
1000 miles / 2.54 miles = 393.7 => 394 laps.

Laptime for a LM-P2 is around 1:15 in average (reference laptime v=ari6xWKT4rM)
394 laps x 74 seconds = 29156 seconds, which is around 8h and 6 mins in dry conditions.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Mhhhh it says miles, which would be 1609 km ... I wonder if that is correct, given that the rest of the races are all 4h or less, you would expect a 6h race.

Okay let's do the math:
1 Lap is 2.54 miles, according to wikipedia, which seems to be the correct layout
1000 miles / 2.54 miles = 393.7 => 394 laps.

Laptime for a LM-P2 is around 1:15 in average (reference laptime v=ari6xWKT4rM)
394 laps x 74 seconds = 29156 seconds, which is around 8h and 6 mins in dry conditions.
https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/introduction-to-vlms-season-3.7343/post-65329

Users who are viewing this thread