rFactor 2 VLMS - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You dont need a license to sing up a team so i dont think they mind if you are just getting license as long as car is starting with licensed driver every race. And for my previous message im going to be unable to attend 18.8 to second race of the srca so i have to push it to the next month and miss preseason event

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, to clarify:

Team managers (responsible for admin duties) does not need to have a L4 licence (academy graduate), and they do not need to pay for the season/VLMS/VEC pass.

All drivers need to have at least a L4 licence, pay for the season/vlms/vec pass, and own the endurance dlc pack.

A team manager can also drive, providing they have the above.

A team in VLMS & VEC must consist of 2-5 drivers, with 1 additional reserve driver. Not every driver must drive in every race (5 drivers in a 4 hours race is a bit mad :p), but no driver should drive more than 70% in each race.

The team manager can change the driver lineup 6 times over a season, so those without the L4 licence can join in later in the season. Drivers can drop out mid season too.

Sign up is on the 28th (tomorrow), and there's only 1 split so it will be 1st come 1st served to get a team entry. Once a team entry is made, they cannot change their car without withdrawing and entering a new team.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1000Km of Road Atlanta = heaven! :D

Mhhhh it says miles, which would be 1609 km ... I wonder if that is correct, given that the rest of the races are all 4h or less, you would expect a 6h race.

Okay let's do the math:
1 Lap is 2.54 miles, according to wikipedia, which seems to be the correct layout
1000 miles / 2.54 miles = 393.7 => 394 laps.

Laptime for a LM-P2 is around 1:15 in average (reference laptime v=ari6xWKT4rM)
394 laps x 74 seconds = 29156 seconds, which is around 8h and 6 mins in dry conditions.

We are here to race, math is for teachers ;)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will probably need guidance to get that licence as this is new to me

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Dutchtastic in a nutshell you sing up for Simracing Club Academy season and race for 2 races and you get yourself a license 4

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Isn’t t those races that are filled in like 5 seconds?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guess I'll have to be quick then. Luckily I don't have to work that day

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
We have 3 valid teams signed up :) yeay, we did everything right :)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have an SRC pass and I'm happy to be another reserve or even be asked into a team. VEC is my priority but want to help the whole RSR team out :)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow totally missed this thread :O. Too late to compete now, but perhaps you guys can put me as reserve :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow totally missed this thread :O. Too late to compete now, but perhaps you guys can put me as reserve :)

Once u passed SRCA any RSR team can get u in their team. You just miss like the first race :)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Interesting
Due to some issues with the track, which has shown up today on final changes, we'll switch round 1 with round 5, which means the season will start with Istanbul and LeMans Bugatti will be then round 5, as we then have enough time to solve the issues on LeMans Bugatti

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Welcome aboard the other Yellow boat @Stokemon!

upload_2018-9-18_15-4-28.png

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just to let you know, I'll do the SRCA next possible time and then I'll be happy to join a VLMS Team here if possible.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Members

Steve and I are going to pull out of the remaining races in the VLMS leaving our car free. Before i withdraw the car completely. I would like to see if anyone would like to take over the car. Minimum of 2 drivers required to race. Drivers must have the VLMS pass and have passed the SRC Academy.

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to drive.

The car:
Porsche 991 GTE from the Endurance pack DLC

Users who are viewing this thread