rFactor 2 VLMS - S3 - Round 1 - Istanbul (1 Viewer)

VLMS - S3 - Round 1 - Istanbul
Posted by m4nu
rFactor2
Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 15:00
Until: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 21:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

rFactor 2

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Original Thread: https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/round-1-istanbul.7846/

Race date: 29. September
Race Length: 4 hours
Simulated Race Time: 17:00- 21:00
Time accelerated: x1
Weather: Live weather

Race schedule:
14:55 - Server reboot
15:00 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:55 - All cars must be on the server
16:00 - 16:20 - LMGT Q (5 min break)
16:25 - 16:45 - LMP2 Q
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pitlimiter
17:00 - Green flag, when YOU exit T14

Classes: LM-P2, and GT-LM

rFactor 2: Latest Build
Liveview and FLT: Coming soon
Event on facebook: Click here
Flag rules: Black only
Broadcast: Yes

Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY are you intending on driving this race?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes I do, why?

You had displayed a lack of interested in TS a couple of weeks back asking if I'd be interested to join the team and maybe drive in your place. I wanted to know in case I had to do some practice.

Since you are driving it makes Sebring easier :)

Blue Monkey

Reaction score

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY I know you're doing the double with Sebring, what times can/can't you drive in VLMS?

I'm going to do some practice offline tonight, will probably start with the Silverstone setup and tweak from there. I'll upload what i come up with.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY I know you're doing the double with Sebring, what times can/can't you drive in VLMS?

I'm going to do some practice offline tonight, will probably start with the Silverstone setup and tweak from there. I'll upload what i come up with.

Let's talk about it tonight. I am not 100% sure.

Reactions: Tom

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The VLMS practice server(s) are now online and available to use.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So early online? Can't be!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We have been using a tweaked version of the Sebring setup, I can share that out tomorrow if you like!

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY @Stokemon

So after last night's testing, I'm happy to switch to developing Steve/James' setup for the race, and dropping mine. The track gradually rubbering in was throwing me off all night, but I still think their setup was nicer and more consistent than mine. It feels pretty much there, but I want to try it out over a double stint, to assess whether softs or mediums are the best bet for my double stint. I'll do this tonight.

I'm also curious to try and tune out the low fuel long lazy slides, which seems to plague the car in general towards the end of a stint. I did a little test at the end of my session with 30L and hard tyres (rough guess of stint old tyre grip), and it felt like it was recreating the effect. I'm thinking some ARB tweaks should sort it, so I'll have a play to try and fix it, and then try it on full fuel + softs to see how it affects the earlier part of the stint. In Silverstone I was losing big chunks of time in the final 5/6 laps of a stint - but if more time is lost in the previous 25 laps in this fix, then we'll just have to deal with the mad skids at the end of each stint. One for further testing for VEC R1 I think...

Regarding stints, I'll do the start and first 2 hours, then 1 hour each by both of you? Fuel should last just beyond an hour, although not by much. Can you decide between yourselves which hour your each doing? I'll be around to spot for both of you.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok Guys Battenberg has spent some time creating this sheet for P1 race and VLMS on saturday, can you all make sure it is populated with what stints are being driven by who. I will also post this in the P1 thread for people who arent in both.

Link

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I tried running 5 front ARB and 3 rear ARB (was 5) to help with low fuel stability. I think it's worked well, and I was able to run low to mid 42's for pretty much the whole stint. There may be more pace in running 2 on the rear (will test tomorrow), but I'm happy to run with 3. I've updated the resource page with V4.

I think double stinting soft tyres will be close to matching a tyre change on time, but the track position advantage could be valuable, so I'll try double stinting in the race.

Users who are viewing this thread