rFactor 2 VLMS - S3 - Round 3 - Mosport (1 Viewer)

VLMS - S3 - Round 3 - Mosport
Posted by m4nu
rFactor2
Saturday, December 15, 2018 - 16:00
Until: Saturday, December 15, 2018 - 20:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

rFactor 2

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Original Thread: Click here

Race date: 15th December
Race Length: 4 hours
Simulated Race Start Time: 13:00
Time accelerated: x1
Weather: Live weather

Race schedule (CEST):
14:55 - Server reboot
15:00 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:55 - All cars must be on the server
16:00 - 16:20 - LMGT Q (5 min break)
16:25 - 16:45 - LMP2 Q
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pitlimiter
17:00 - Green flag, when YOU exit T10

Classes: LM-P2, and GT-LM

rFactor 2: Latest Build
Liveview and FLT:
Coming soon
Flag rules: Black only
Broadcast: Yes

Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Confirming I'm up for this, I don't have anything else on that day, So I'm easy with stints and timing. Let's continue our good form team yellow!
Post automatically merged:

I'll do my first laps tomorrow night or at the weekend.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY @Battenberg this should be you two. Before I plan other things, @t0daY can you race? And are your server joining issues solved?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY @Battenberg this should be you two. Before I plan other things, @t0daY can you race? And are your server joining issues solved?

Not sure. Gropping down the graphic a little bit did help and I could join more often. So it seems like a settings issue.

I am happy to drive, if you and @Battenberg wanna rock the show I am also happy to sit this one out :)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not sure. Gropping down the graphic a little bit did help and I could join more often. So it seems like a settings issue.

I am happy to drive, if you and @Battenberg wanna rock the show I am also happy to sit this one out :)

I'd prefer you to drive. I've got 2 coursework deadlines Tuesday after the race and would like the time to get them done. I will try and be around working in case you have issues.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Setup V1 is in resources. I broke into the 15's tonight, but race pace is currently mid 16's low 17's at this rate. Stiffer suspension with more camber on the front seems to be the way to go. I only did short runs tonight, longest stint was 10 laps.

Tyre wear seems to be just over 1% a lap with softs. Fuel stint will be around 46/7 laps, so double stinting tyres will take their life down to an unreached level - not sure if hanging on for 46 laps will be worth the 30-odd seconds it takes to change.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Setup V1 is in resources. I broke into the 15's tonight, but race pace is currently mid 16's low 17's at this rate. Stiffer suspension with more camber on the front seems to be the way to go. I only did short runs tonight, longest stint was 10 laps.

Tyre wear seems to be just over 1% a lap with softs. Fuel stint will be around 46/7 laps, so double stinting tyres will take their life down to an unreached level - not sure if hanging on for 46 laps will be worth the 30-odd seconds it takes to change.
I managed a low 1:18 with your setup last night! I like the setup, did a few tweaks to make it turn better which made it more responsive. I will be practising again tonight, have to get quicker otherwise it will be a boring race for us.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ouch, we got a drive through penalty for Speeding under Code 80...Sorry @Battenberg

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Setup v2 is uploaded. The suspension is a little softer, making for a better ride. Hopefully better on tyre life too, as it's pretty marginal whether a set of softs will survive a double stint.

On low fuel and hard tyres (mimicking worn softs) the car is a little tail happy like in round 1, but manageable. It's most noticeable in turn 3 and the final sweepers. I don't want to dial it out with ARBs, as the car has a touch of understeer already on full fuel.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All the best everyone!

Sorry I can't be around, swamped with uni work atm.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
IMPORTANT INFO!!!

This round will be POSTPONED by one month. As a result, all other races in the schedule will also move back by one month. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to fix the issues with the track so far, meaning it isn't up to the standard that we require for events at SRC.

If we are unable to fix it within the next week or so, we will use another track. We apologise for the inconvenience, but we think it's important that we get this right, rather than fiddling on and having the current issues play a major role in the outcome of the race.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well looking at the positives, I may be able to supply cover for @t0daY and @Battenberg in a months time. I should have less pressure on coursework then!

Reactions: Tom

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg I hope to be online for a test session today. Could do with some help on set up and generally finding a bit more speed.

Users who are viewing this thread