VR and teamspeak question. (1 Viewer)

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a shiny new 1080 GPU. Now my rig is good enough to run VR.
But I don't know how would an Oculus Rift work with teamspeak (not that I speak much on TS, but sometimes I have to)? Does it have a microfone on the headset?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a shiny new 1080 GPU. Now my rig is good enough to run VR.
But I don't know how would an Oculus Rift work with teamspeak (not that I speak much on TS, but sometimes I have to)? Does it have a microfone on the headset?
Yes it does, as well as headphones ofc. I found the headphones to be great quality, but the microphone to be warm and fuzzy (great in a teddy bear, less useful for talking). I quickly moved to using a headset. The Occulus headphones are very simple/designed to disconnect (one twist of a screwdriver), so this is not a scary change to your headset.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
The headphones are great, no matter what huge-kiss says.

And I use the mic too, I don't think I sound like a teddy bear but feedback is welcome.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Headphones and mic are perfectly fine. Not audiophile or studio quality, but that's irrelevant. Just be mindful with the mic that if you wear the rift on top your head (to see around you), you will be much quieter and some people might not hear you.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Headphones and mic are perfectly fine. Not audiophile or studio quality, but that's irrelevant.
And lest anybody feel the need to interject, let that be the end of that particular matter :)

Users who are viewing this thread