We need your opinion! - RSR Survey 2020 (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
rsr_survey.png

Hello @Members,

as you may have noticed, participation has been far lower than expected in our organised events lately. The amount of people not showing up for events is growing week on week - resulting in a championship event with over 30 sign ups being cancelled due to lack of participation. Needless to say, the staff are far from blind to this situation.

To help us learn from this, we are asking all members (new & old) to spend a few minutes to tell us how they want to go about their racing with us. Here is a link to our Survey. Also, please feel free to leave any RSR related feedback (in this thread) - be as brutally honest as you want, but we also ask that you are constructive in your honesty (remember, we are human beings too!)

Your RSR Staff Team

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Form malfunctions .... 1 item per row and 1 item per column issue, can't submit

In order of preference, what games are you interested in racing in regularly? *

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
That's as intended, so you're sorting the list of games in your order of preference, even if you don't play them.
already solved ... no issue on PC .... phone showed only half of the options :rolleyes:

Form submitted btw :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I am only speaking here for myself, and if anyone agrees to disagree, so be it.

I think what we are lacking, is the bond between the members. Many people are not to be seen during the week, practicing privately, or being busy with RL (which of course always has top priority), showing up on race day, do the race and be gone again. It seems to be "just another opportunity" to do some racing.
The RSR slogan "Strangers become friends, and friends become family" seems to have no meaning for most people here...
Well, everyone has his own preferences and priorities. I myself have settled into let's call it the "core group", and I massively enjoy it to hop on TS, have a chat, practice together, do setup work together, talk about each others real life stuff, play other games together etc. etc. This is my No.2 choice after a long day at work (No.1 is NSFW, so I just omit that here ;))

Another big problem in my opinion is, that we have too many games in the portfolio, which scatters the community even further. AC, ACC, pCARS, AMS2 coming soon, rF2 and iRacing...one cannot drive everything...and more important: from an admin POV, one cannot organize everything to everyone's pleasure in such a big scale with so little staff (and I'd love to support the staff, but RL just doesn't let me).

So my conclusion is (all personal opinion ofc):
- We need less games, as in get rid of​
  • AC (because of the endless hassle with mods and the need to pay for them in some cases) and
  • pCARS2 as it has worn out quite a bit already, and we have been screwed by it many times during our championships
- We should focus on team racing, as this is where the drivers come together and the lacking bond mentioned above might (hopefully) develop. We have proven many times now, that this is were our community really shines.​
- We should think about "public" events (like the ACC races organised by RLM)​
- And now the biggest thing (and I know Manu will strongly disagree): We should have a membership fee (like 5€/month or something), as this would​
  • Ensure server costs etc. are being covered without the dependency on donations (or Manus' hard earned money)
  • People will think twice about signing up and then not showing up
  • Manu could work less in his RL job and do moaaar admin stuff :p
  • We could have a money pool to pay for DLCs e.g. (given that is applicable for every paying member)
That is my 2ct for the moment, maybe I come up with other nonsense after a beer or two.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Form filled in! I've provided a reasonable amount of additional in my form, but I definitely recognise a lot of what Shepard is saying.
  1. Spread out (awesome) community across multiple games
  2. The (awesome) admin team feels like it is spread out in the same way
  3. The need to improve engagement outside race somehow
  4. RSR as a Team is a super valuable thing and can be a major driver for peoples involvement (even when you're a 2nd rate part timer cheering on the A team like me).

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Form filled in! I've provided a reasonable amount of additional in my form, but I definitely recognise a lot of what Shepard is saying.
  1. Spread out (awesome) community across multiple games
  2. The (awesome) admin team feels like it is spread out in the same way
  3. The need to improve engagement outside race somehow
  4. RSR as a Team is a super valuable thing and can be a major driver for peoples involvement (even when you're a 2nd rate part timer cheering on the A team like me).
@Shepard I only race in PCARS2 so we can't get rid of that :rolleyes:

I agree we need more engagement outside official competitions. Fun races when there is no competion ongoing, or in the week between 2 races when there is no race. Races which give new members and sim racing rookies the opportunity to get used to the community, sim-racing, teamspeak, RSR race rules. ask questions, get comment/advice, et cetera.
If I were a rookie and 8 seconds slower than the slowest car on the grid ... I would not feel confident to start in a competition, I would prefer to test the water first during some races outside the competition.

I do like to practise on my own, under my own conditions. Unfortunately I always have to leave teamspeak shortly after the race ... bedrooms are under my 'game' room and people need to sleep...

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Not sure I have much of a say as Im not active :)

Having moved in with my lady almost 2 years ago has changed my availability significantly where Im usually dipping in for short periods between 500pm-730pm UK time. Thats where iracing is really good for me - just jump into a Skippy or F3 race is perfect.

Pcars 2 is the foundation of RSR imo - at least from my experience so it would be a little sad to see it go before Pcars Revolution shows up or if AMS2 lives up to the hype (unsure with the feedback from youtube vids of the beta so far) but I can understand the current diversification probably leads to splintered cells.

Charging people will reduce the membership significantly - which depending on how you see the vision may / may not be a good thing.

Either way I hope the questionnaires help liven things up - rock on RSR !!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Charging people will reduce the membership significantly - which depending on how you see the vision may / may not be a good thing.

Yes of course, but these fewer members might be more dedicated. Just have a look at the members list and compare that to the people who are active here on a regular basis. We have a lot of nominals there.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And now the biggest thing (and I know Manu will strongly disagree): We should have a membership fee (like 5€/month or something), as this would
I do not strongly disagree :p

But you are right, some months it burns some private money but it is what it is. But... other staff members are also happy to invest money X to rent a server and/or other commitments. That is, in my opinion, the commitment as a Staff member (not a needed qualification obviously :D).

We are not running RSR to generate money like some other "communities/websites". It really depends what style of community you would like to run.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I do not strongly disagree :p

But you are right, some months it burns some private money but it is what it is. But... other staff members are also happy to invest money X to rent a server and/or other commitments. That is, in my opinion, the commitment as a Staff member (not a needed qualification obviously :D).

We are not running RSR to generate money like some other "communities/websites". It really depends what style of community you would like to run.
Paid membership generates a lot of administrative bureaucracy ... but if we want to go there I would suggest a yearly payment of €20 or so, and leave the option open for extra donations.
But I think we should not go there, it will keep people away from joining our 'friendly' community.

My suggestion is to put the 'donation button'more up front on the web site home page.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Done ! I don't have many ideas but the ones who seems important for me would be :

- Less games/Newer Games (Strongly agree with @Shepard 's opinion on AC and PCars 2)
- "Initiation days" for some games : Learning during an event how to understand some games better (Mods, Add-on Softwares, Setups etc.) I know there's lots of documents to help with this but it lacks involvement, it doesn't feel fun or engaging :(

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I done goofed and wasn't clear enough on one of the questions. 1 is Highest Preference, 6 is lowest preference:
1584024557492.png

If you understood it as the other way around, please let me know with a 'Disagree' post reaction so I can reverse your response in the spreadsheet!

@grobi0815 @CatchAGlimpse @zevme @Cluck @Shepard @Eugene Flerko @xImJakeyy @hinesy32 @Puffpirat @The Wayfaerer @Darksi @Cornworld @Henri @Morvic @kobusnell @benimi @ramdrop @Rargon @Raigore @N1kmido @Daniel H @David Siska @avxstudio @cheekymunkey78 @The Breeze @Def @LoreGT @t0daY @UnstopaPaul @Havocc @1185323118 @SlowBloke @Gosku @Eugene Gajkin

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@Battenberg Crap Im pretty sure I did it wrong way then - rf2 was bottom of my list - hence disagreed.

Users who are viewing this thread