We need your opinion! - RSR Survey 2020 (1 Viewer)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Complete the survey again?

Manc

Community Member
Reaction score
just got pc working in some sort of stable way to enjoy games again and i see fees :eek:
so a returning noobs, probably pointless opinion
Only a small yearly with optional donation button for those that consider themselves more loyal... its not just as simple as pay or not cos not everyone can make it of they wanted to. A once yearly acceptable cost is forgotten until next year.. an entry level must be cheap and the committed can and should pay more for more content they enjoy together,, its a can of worms.. i used to be a gm of an old mmo, so i see both sides.. and i am very poor recently.. and everyone wants or needs the money it seems.. ppl are becoming choosy about another bills.. but if i had the time & enjoyed a game that had no other regular costs then i prob would pay small amounts to help sustain a good community.. the small old guild i ended up with, well, i still regret letting it go bcos of the bonds created there.. those are priceless.. but the operation itself is not :)
That was monster killing not racing, but the general 'community' needs to be similar or there will only be 'ops night' and ppl trying to recruit new ppl who never feel part cos the better ones cant be bothered, cos tbh, it bores them without the challenge. (that does not mean admin, thats any player been around a while). Splintered, fragmented..broken.. and thats members response, not admin cos i knew a few from my game and they all tried.. often.
So whatever group things you do to ask money for, has to cover all players in a fair way, or diff fees.. and players of diff levels can do stuff most weeks. Im my experience of a mmo group, when the circle becomes an elitist one, it only takes a new game or small fallout to break it all once or twice then again until the end.
its as fickle as that believe me.. Even after all the hard work put in
so to charge all you need to cater for all and then keep them all happy as long possible :cool: and keep a supply of new members.
As a returning, probably not committed enough for competitions yet type of player.. i wouldnt want to pay the same fees as hardcore season regulars who had great races each week.. so dual fees or 2 calenders.. or season only fees and weekly stuff randoms.. :banghead: can of worms wherever u look..
anyway.. i came on to play after months away and now im moaning about money again so its now brew time instead for 10 mins :)
Shame i missed the gametime now i see things could be changing.
Guess i should ask what game should i be looking at now 2020 ? and if i should even put this game on now or not :D

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm glad this has been put out to the members. If I think about what I do with my sim racing, it does just boil down to having fun with like minded people that we all share a common interest together. I remember starting with simracing . org way back with GTR2 and it was great, a real sense of fun and community. I took a break, and many years later got a half decent PC and found AOR online (sorry for swearing ;) ). Met some great people, @Noztra for example, and even had a the privilege of sharing a few beers with him in Denmark. Many of us migrated to RSR but it has been a little disappointing that we have lost a few. However, I really find my sim racing an important part of my life. Hobbies are very important to me, and this is one of my main ones - apart from either running up and down mountains, or falling off a mountain bike on one. It is interesting to hear that folk get together on TS for just some fun testing or driving. I would like to do more of that. Perhaps this could be made a bit more public, unless of course it is, and therefore I'll shut up :p

One thing that may or may not be important, is I am a little shy on TS. I'm conscious of my daft Northern Irish accent, but most poeple here have known each other for longer. But I've been around for while, completing probably over 10 seasons now of racing between here and the other site.

I've given my feedback through the form, but maybe some changes will help boost our racing a little. Paid membership has pros and cons. The best pro is, when someone pays for something, it adds value to them, so they are more likely to get involved.

See you on track soon. Maybe more often, as we get confined to our homes.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this could be made a bit more public, unless of course it is, and therefore I'll shut up :p
Just pop in to TS and say hello. We don't bite ;)

Antony Brown

Community Member
Reaction score
hI aLL,
It would be cool to have an RSR server up on the more popular games such as ACC AC or PC2 where people can adhoc jump in with a global password to drive a variety of tracks. this way there is no commitment to a championship or specific time where people can mingle and exchange a few laps racing with each other. i can understand if its a logistical nightmare in terms of keeping a server going for all/any games for 24 hours maybe alternate a game a week with an online practice session or regular weekly random lobbys to keep the vibe going between seasons. I haven't been on in a long while due to work commitments and driving with people outside of RSR with a bit of Public Lobby bashing. :eek:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Halo to all.

I was not around from, I think, 5th-6th month last year... I was planning to return on autumn (last year), but "life stopped" me. My 2 kids "decided" top go to sleep not before 21h CET so I just can't do any racing before 21:30-22h mostly because my PC is in living room.
I have to say that I miss racing and I hope that I could be back at some point in time.
Totally support this community and even that I can't race, I would agree to pay for membership.

Many greeting for @Puffpirat

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is interesting to hear that folk get together on TS for just some fun testing or driving. I would like to do more of that.
We do play games of all sorts, from farm sim to euro truck(multiplayer) and from Pubg to Division 2. everyone is always welcome to join even if your playing single player games. some of us even watch motorsport together like nascar or WEC(it makes it more fun).

If your a little shy then join us when theres only a few, as Shepard said, we dont bite and are always happy to chat about racing or anything. Team speak is always active and not just for racing so feel free to join us anytime :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very enjoyable to read all comments lol i do love a good old debate lol. If people are looking for more RF2 i do have a server and with the right amount of people and the right backing im more than happy to run events on there for people all you guys have to do is say so..setting up an rf2 server is no easy feet i can tell you it took me months to figure it out lol so why not make use of 1 we have.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Very enjoyable to read all comments lol i do love a good old debate lol. If people are looking for more RF2 i do have a server and with the right amount of people and the right backing im more than happy to run events on there for people all you guys have to do is say so..setting up an rf2 server is no easy feet i can tell you it took me months to figure it out lol so why not make use of 1 we have.
BTCC Season 2... :D

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would love to drive, in RF2.

Users who are viewing this thread